Su-25 Frogfoot33%33% - 45
Total: 135
SGT.Slayero
+98|6466|Life in a vacuum sucks
i like the ones with no wings
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Frogfoot, who needs A2A when you have that cannon. Who needs bombs even, but you still have 4 of them, and they're like the bombs on a figter jet in BF2 not those slow bombs you get on the bombers in BF2. I'd think that plane would own - and i have - with just the cannon tbh. Eurotiger (Kraut Chopper) doesn't even get time to react before it dies.
Sgt._Eraser74
Upper Decker Expert
+54|6564

J=MAN wrote:

Greetings, fellow self-styled try-hard plane-whore wanna-bes!

I was pretty excited about grabbing the sticks of the new planes in Point of Existence 2, and now that I've had a bit of a bash, I'm keen to hear what everyone else thinks.

My personal fave is the Su-25 - gotta love the cruisy handling, individual control of bombs, and the "rain of rocket death"! A-10 eat ya heart out!

I give the PoE2 Flying Coffin Award to the MiG-25. A piss-weak sounding gun, no bombs, two kinds of air-to-air missiles that just fly straight off like heli rockets, and no amount of afterburner-from-hell aerobatics were enough to shake that bloody Eurofighter off! Maybe I just suck, but when flying the Eurofighter I had no trouble downing the MiG-25 repeatedly. Uber FoxBat pilots - gissa tip ay!

So what do yous all reckon?
LMFAO @ Flying Coffin. +1 for that comment.
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ

Sgt._Eraser74 wrote:

J=MAN wrote:

I give the PoE2 Flying Coffin Award to the MiG-25.
LMFAO @ Flying Coffin. +1 for that comment.
Aw, thanks bro!

Except I can't take the credit for that one - it's commonly used to describe the F-35B on any map with J-10s. So I'll have to return your karma!
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6713
i'm sorry i'm still very new to POE2

can anyone tell me which map has which plane??

i like the one in that map.. uhh.. that plane that goes up to like 1500 in a breeze with 1.5sec afterburner.. fucking so fast..
eagles1106
+269|6585|Marlton, New Jersey.
How the fuck could you vote the majority to the Tornado, it blows my nutsack.  The pilot gets shit, not even bombs, a weak gun, and its even more unstable then the fucking euro fighter in EF.  You try to line yourself up with a gunshot on a ground target as a pilot and it fucking moves up and down like it were the bobble head sitting on my computer desk right now.  And, half of the time if I get the laser guided missile controller in the back seat my pilot wont even line me up.  All he fucking does is goes after air targets with his wimpy missiles, and then will proceed to fire air to air missiles at ground targets wobbling all over the place not lining me up right.

On the other hand, the Frogfoot is the best damn plane in the mod.  1 Bomb direct hit on any armor will own it, 2 bomb with splash damage near enough it will usually kill armor, and 4 bombs is a 100% sure kill if you drop them anywhere near your target.  And if I dont feel like bombing, ill use the bomb sight to find a target, and then will switch to the guns and will pwn it, because the guns are capable of killing armor in one pass they own so much.  Then, I use the rockets for spraying enemy bases (because they cover area) or neutrals I know are getting taken by enemies, and still get a lot of kills too.  The jet as a whole fucking owns.  I also go air to air with it because of its kickass gun, frogfoot should have the majority of votes, not the damn tornado.

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-08-31 21:09:43)

Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6807|Portland, OR, USA

Wait, there's planes in POE2?

Seriously though, I've only played Oren and Fallen. Infantry FTW.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
eagles1106
+269|6585|Marlton, New Jersey.

eagles1106 wrote:

How the fuck could you vote the majority to the Tornado, it blows my nutsack.  The pilot gets shit, not even bombs, a weak gun, and its even more unstable then the fucking euro fighter in EF.  You try to line yourself up with a gunshot on a ground target as a pilot and it fucking moves up and down like it were the bobble head sitting on my computer desk right now.  And, half of the time if I get the laser guided missile controller in the back seat my pilot wont even line me up.  All he fucking does is goes after air targets with his wimpy missiles, and then will proceed to fire air to air missiles at ground targets wobbling all over the place not lining me up right.

On the other hand, the Frogfoot is the best damn plane in the mod.  1 Bomb direct hit on any armor will own it, 2 bomb with splash damage near enough it will usually kill armor, and 4 bombs is a 100% sure kill if you drop them anywhere near your target.  And if I dont feel like bombing, ill use the bomb sight to find a target, and then will switch to the guns and will pwn it, because the guns are capable of killing armor in one pass they own so much.  Then, I use the rockets for spraying enemy bases (because they cover area) or neutrals I know are getting taken by enemies, and still get a lot of kills too.  The jet as a whole fucking owns.  I also go air to air with it because of its kickass gun, frogfoot should have the majority of votes, not the damn tornado.
Its wing movements also fuck up some of the missiles when you fire them at the wrong time.  And for the people who have voted for the Tornado, is it because you like the name, because if you have flown it, theres no way you would vote for it, like I said, it blows my nutsack.  The only good thing about it is the sound its engine emits.
Aardcore
+60|6714|USA, Arizona
I've only flown solo with the Tornado and I loved how insanely agile that thing is in the air. Corners like a housefly! I use a joystick and I'm pretty adept at using it now, can usually evade most attempts to be engaged from behind and the Tornado is a fun piece of aviation, I often get distracted when I go into chase cam mode just to watch the wings open up and I end up crashing LOL.

But does anyone know what the copilot weapons have? I switched seats once and they looked like Maveick missiles... air to ground?
Aardcore
+60|6714|USA, Arizona

Viper007Bond wrote:

Heck yeah! The planes in PoE2 are so much fun, WAY more fun than the ones BF2 has, they sound, feel and look so much better and have a wicked compilation of armaments than just machineguns and air-to-air missiles.
Aardcore
+60|6714|USA, Arizona

SGT.Slayero wrote:

i like the ones with no wings
???
Crestfallen
+27|6450|England, Leicester

Viper007Bond wrote:

QFT! Oren is so much fun lol, but Fallen is at its best with the machine gun pick up.

One crater hole and your set to go on a killing spree!

I'm starting to love and hate the frogfoot now.  Pilots keep coming in lower and lower, and hiding in the fields just doesn't seem to work anymore.  Where's my shoulder launched Stinger?
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ
Yeah well hmmm what happened to the Su-24 Fencer? It appears in pointofexistence.com's aircraft renders and on the master list of vehicles, but it didn't seem to make it into the game.
d3x74
+14|6648|NY
The Frogfoot ftw! Its the way the A10 should have been! And who gives a fat rat's clacks about it lacking AA, just use the gattling gun on it. A 1sec spray from that and most jets get ripped apart like paper mache'
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6560|The real world
The one with the machinegun that sounds so cool
[2MC]Golarin
+6|6550

syndicat111 wrote:

DemonMonkey wrote:

The UFO
QFT
what the hell is QFT?

Quit Fing talking?

Last edited by [2MC]Golarin (2006-09-06 11:22:37)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
It's just natural for any pilot to like the frogfoot when you think about it. If the AA/A2A was actually coded nice in BF2 than maybe i'd like the other planes. Since it isn't, we have to use guns, so the plane with the gun that kills a helicopter in micro seconds and TANKS in seconds will obviously be the best choice for any real pilot out there. Now if this game does the A10, hmm, it might be overpowered. Just think of the gun on the frogfoot x 7.
greenhaven
+47|6467
It means quoted for truth.

I never fly in BF2. I hate the flight model, after years of flying real planes, and X-Plane, which is the best flight sim ever, I can't get used to it. I can't even count how many times I've rolled the plane, waiting for it to turn to realize that's not how it works in BF2. The helo flight model is somewhat better, but even then they totally screwed up the collective. IRL, if you pull the collective all the way up, you'll crash. I did that a lot because I'm used to having the collective on 50% power to go forward.

Last edited by greenhaven (2006-09-06 12:24:41)

znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6546|Sverige (SWE)
Haven't played yet butt i think the "UFO"
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ

greenhaven wrote:

I never fly in BF2. I hate the flight model, after years of flying real planes, and X-Plane, which is the best flight sim ever, I can't get used to it. I can't even count how many times I've rolled the plane, waiting for it to turn to realize that's not how it works in BF2. The helo flight model is somewhat better, but even then they totally screwed up the collective. IRL, if you pull the collective all the way up, you'll crash. I did that a lot because I'm used to having the collective on 50% power to go forward.
Wow - a real-life pilot!
d3x74
+14|6648|NY

Mekstizzle wrote:

It's just natural for any pilot to like the frogfoot when you think about it. If the AA/A2A was actually coded nice in BF2 than maybe i'd like the other planes. Since it isn't, we have to use guns, so the plane with the gun that kills a helicopter in micro seconds and TANKS in seconds will obviously be the best choice for any real pilot out there. Now if this game does the A10, hmm, it might be overpowered. Just think of the gun on the frogfoot x 7.
The frogfoot is a like a wet dream come true for most pilots.
greenhaven
+47|6467

J=MAN wrote:

greenhaven wrote:

Wow - a real-life pilot!
Not really, I'm not a military pilot. I go and fly small propellor planes once in a while, but I'm not a pro pilot or anything. I've never flown a helo before either, that's just flight sim experience.
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6585|Vic, Australia

spray_and_pray wrote:

Dont like tornado the whole vertical stabilizer moves and causes wierd pitch movement when used. SU 25 FTW over 30 rockets 4 bombs extremley powerful gun i love it for air to ground. But my favourite Air to Air plane the EUROFIGHTER!!!!
Yeah i agree, Frogfoot for close air-support, but the euro-fighter for air to air combat by far
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

eagles1106 wrote:

How the fuck could you vote the majority to the Tornado, it blows my nutsack.  The pilot gets shit, not even bombs, a weak gun, and its even more unstable then the fucking euro fighter in EF.  You try to line yourself up with a gunshot on a ground target as a pilot and it fucking moves up and down like it were the bobble head sitting on my computer desk right now.
Dude the gun is pretty much the same as Frogfoot' one.

Back to the poll :

I'd say
MiG-25 > Eurofighter
Tornado IDS > Su-25

So in my opinion the best is Foxbat > Heavy AA missiles own ; this beast can get a speed of 1600km ingame when ufterburner is on . The gun is the same as on Su-25 btw .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard