Deadlast
+0|6794

Umbra Acciptris wrote:

Beeing a computer professional myself, honestly the only effective ways to stop hacking would be illeagle.  First you would need to run a CRC check of all files in the BF2 dir.  Then you would have to scan each users active memory randomly during play (which is illeagle).  Even that would only stop people using a single machine to hack.  People using a dumb humb and a 2nd machine to recive and decode packets are still 100% untraceable.

You may not like them, you may stop some of them.  But thier is no way to stop all of them.

not to be a nay sayer.  Belive me I hate game hackers.  What is the point?  To prove that you are better than some one else, if you have better tools equipment, and put more time into it?  Hell every time they die they should feel like utter crap.  Yes you got killed by some one who is just 80x better than you, you truly do suck.
Sad news, but at least we finally know what it will take to get rid of the hackers. So now that this mission can pretty effectively be labeled Impossible, we can now feel free to just talk about hackers in general and what your thoughts and solutions are to them.

But if you do in fact still come up with an idea of how to beat them, or limit their powers in some way, then do not hesitate one bit to post it!

cougar wrote:

We did have a guy doing the Commander Hijack bug and he was promptly kicked, which just goes to show...
What does that go to show? I have a server on Counter Strike: Condition Zero, kicking someone from a server doesn't do anything. All that does is make them see that the people who are in that server do not believe in instantly banning, so they will mark it down and be sure to return. When you see hackers it is a must to instantly ban them, no ifs, ands, or buts.

See, the way you have to look at it is if they have one hack, and most definately that 2nd Commander hack, you can only guess as to what other hacks are in their power. It is to my knowledge that the Commander hack is one of the hardest out there, and some people don't even believe it exists, if they take the time and effort to use it, then there is no way that you can safely assume that that is the only hack they have and that when they come back in after you kick them you will surely be able to recognize if they are hacking or not.

Most hacker are very easy to deal with because the hacks are so noticeable. It is when you get the more advanced hackers on your server that you cannot make a just call. Anyone who plays/played Counter Strike knows what I'm talking about here. The first hacks out for that game were so terrible you could pick them out from a mile away. Nowadays though a lot of people are leaving the game because the hacks are so advanced that all you have to do is deny you have them and that's it. They are so hard to spot that admins cannot make a just call because it looks just like normal play.

I fear that is how BF2 is going to go as well, I am not looking forward to BF2 2 years from now...
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6759
Yesterday I met a hacker.

He would target planes and anything else without "Beeping" sound.

It was [F95] Clan.

I told admin and he comfirmed it and he banned them
BoxheaDed
+0|6745
interesting reading about the MSX hack:

---

or is it against the rules to post links like this?
Deadlast
+0|6794
I don't think it would be, for an official answer just PM Chuy or another admin. It shouldn't be though, because if you wanted that hack all you would have to do is google it. Also after reading that blog it is good to know that those hacks are easily detectable.

Last edited by Deadlast (2005-12-03 09:07:47)

~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6343|Orrstrayleea
Find out who they r, switch teams, and t.k them = simple
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6642|Gold coast, Aus.

Coolbeano wrote:

Btw, the MSX Sec. Hack is a fake. No VIP who has signed up ever got to even download it let alone use the hack, and those who somehow did have said it's a load of bullshit.
The other* one however, is completely true and works.

* name removed
Barrakuda777
+86|6757|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
I have been kicked and banned from more servers for being an "obvious" hacker that its not funny. Unless you can PROOVE that someone is hacking, there is alot that can be explained by better players, UAV, commanders spotting, teamwork and PURE DUMB LUCK!

Please be careful when you look at banning people "coz 50-0 is not possible for a private" as there are other factors to take into account (e.g. second / third accounts).

I have seen dozens of names posted in the flame the haxor thread above that are in no way suspect.... a KD over 3 is not a hacker. A KD over 5 is to be expected for a good players second account!!

Kooda
ReTox
+100|6519|State of RETOXification
Too Easy:

Users are allowed to submit hacks along with the site information for where they got them.  EA checks it out and if it is a hack they give the user a free game.  EA can pretty much automate the process through virtual machines so their time to implementation would be relatively short.  EA writes off the free game as a business expense so they win on taxes and they have a better product(s) which boosts portfolio value and stock prices... EA wins again.

The users don't gain anything beyond a free game, there is no notoriety, fame or fortune.  This also eliminates all backstabs and rats.

We all get a much more secure game... eventually.

Last edited by ReTox (2007-01-26 09:48:20)

stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6500|Sheffield-England
punkpuster2
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6510|Gogledd Cymru

everyone would send EA viruses lol
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6710|London, UK
easy thing to do is look for servers that stream 99% hackers dont go there y? cause they take screenshots and theres yet to be a screenshot that takes clear pb shots which probably is impossible seeing as screenies take pics of wot yr seeing

cant believe ppl actually pay to cheat at a game even after they still get caught...
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6673
have a LAN, see if said player still has his uber leet pro skillz.

*cough*eski*cough*
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Chorcai
+49|6668|Ireland
As if EA/Dice are going to spend time or money on BF anymore, jeezz snap out of it guys.... EA and care ? I think not.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard