Level 2 - Four Letter Words (e.g. sh't, incl. bitch)9%9% - 15
Level 3 - Rude Words (e.g. idiot, moron, n00b)0%0% - 0
Level 4 - Auxiliary Words (e.g. crap, screw, darn)0%0% - 0
Level 5 - Any Sort of Cursing (e.g. abbreviations)2%2% - 4
Total: 156
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6514|Daytona Beach, FL
I created a scale of swearing - Level 0 meanin that anything goes to Level 5 meanin that you're in a church.

Although I really don't appreciate language filters, I can understand a setting up to level 2. Getting kicked for saying "idiot," "moron" and "n00b" on TV2 servers is pretty damn frustrating. (This happens 2 to 3 times a day LoL).

Today I got kicked from another server for saying "OMFG.".. That's a little too far IMO. And a while back I got kicked for sayin "crap."

Last edited by USAFDude_1988 (2006-08-31 15:24:58)

E|W4v0r
+8|6669|New York
Just racial slurs
SGT.Slayero
+98|6470|Life in a vacuum sucks
level 2
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6523|Montucky
i'm surprised you can still shoot people on tv2 servers... they'll ban that eventually
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6742|Oxferd Ohire
anything that is racist
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6538|Cardiff
LOL thats nuttin dudes.  i once got kicked for saying 'poo'.

also ive been kicked for saying 'nollocks' which i mistyped and still got kicked for.

altho i reckon any rasict stuff should result in a perm ban tbh.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6712|67.222.138.85
Level two, but only a warning then kick for second or third offense, but some serious stuff would be a first offense ban. I mean, it isn't that hard to refrain from swearing over the chat, you have to sit there and type it in, after a few times you're probably just pissing off the server in general.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6535|Boston, MA
I say off. It is rated T for Teen, and most-all teens know all the swears anyways. Besides, they say something like, "Experience may change online." Swears are really just words, they shouldn't be taken seriously. However I do find the need to swear unnecessary. You have to stop everything you're doing to type "fuck" or something like that just to release some frustration? Does it really make you feel like a big man because you can swear in an online video game? I don't know if it's just me but to me I think that no swearing is needed, but it should still be allowed.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6711|Antarctica
Level 2; I don't like getting warned for saying noob.
specops10-4
+108|6748|In the hills
It was hilarious once, while i was on a TV2 server i was writing cockpit, however i didnt put the space between the two words and got kicked...  It was annoying while at the same time funny!  I said level 0, just no racial slurrs...
ZoMg_h4x
I'M NOT KMAL!!!!
+64|6461|Atlanta, GA USA

E|W4v0r wrote:

Just racial slurs
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6510|Alabama, United States
I honestly think NO words are worth banning someone from a server for, I mean jesus people.
IT'S A GAME.
Not just that, It's NOT a game for small children.
It involves WARFARE, guns, dead people, etc.
And I would hope that anyone that isn't a small child can withstand some cursing in chat.
Even racial slurs aren't a big deal in my opinion.
If they make you mad you are only increasing their effective-ness.
Learn to shrug them off. It's just a word, seriously.
(For the record, NO I am not offended when my race/ancestral heritage are belittled. Why would I even care? They are beyond my control, and thus really don't reflect all that much on who I think I am.)
Banned
+4|6454
Seriously, the language filter needs to go. I am sick of getting kicked for calling people niggers, or telling them to give me my fucking jet.

I suggest a whine filter, where newbs who can't get into the hotel or dolphin dive get banned when they complain about their e-inadequacies.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6624|Manitowoc, WI
Bitch isn't a 4 letter word.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6670|NT, like Mick Dundee

E|W4v0r wrote:

Just racial slurs
Isn't this the truth. I mean, a 16+ game shouldn't have the younguns on it anyway. Everything has it's context and I think we can be sure that cursing and swearing is in context for a war game.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6703

Off.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6756|Chicago.
Null vote.

Why? Because if you need to type offensive words into a text stream to be read by other players in game, you have a problem.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6653|I smell corners
On our server it is OFF, as there is always an admin on we kick people if they go to far...
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6492
I think you need to combine levels 2 and 3, and make a new 3 that is a little sronger.

But, as to the question at hand, I agree with everyone else. Swear filters are stupid, I'm a mature adult, let me play my game the way I want. I mean seriously, how can someone actually argue that their afraid of there kid reading a bad word when they're playing a game like this with so much violence.

Plus, the swear filter doesn't do jack for voice-comm. If you truly care about the well being of your child you would be supervising their play.

Last edited by Greenspan (2006-08-31 19:11:29)

Defiance
+438|6676

Racial slurs should be censored with asterisks but not kick for them. That's the admins job.

"Swear" words however are full go.

It's the internet, get the fuck use to it

Last edited by Defiance (2006-08-31 19:15:30)

greenhaven
+47|6471
People should be able to say whatever they goddamn well please. None of this bitching about OMG he said fuck. It's not going to make your dick fall off, what's all the fuss about? I'm sick of people saying that it's crude, right after they splatter someone's brains across a wall with the M95. Violence is okay, just as long as no one says fuck?
Spiers.ckz
+10|6534
Level 0

thats what admins are for
=L&L=The Old Firm
+3|6767|The Netherlands The Hague
OFF

On our server we dont use language filter because its really annoying when you or others get kicked for stupid words like shat or crap when its not even ment for your opponent but for yourself when you make a mistake.
When someone is really misbehaving with words we can always kick him manually if needed.
I think admins should know when its bad enough to kick someone when using faul language.
Delphy
+45|6590|Bristol, UK
No swearing filters. Those christian assholes running servers with swear filters need to fuck off back to church and stop interfering with my game.
The_Jester
+52|6496|Italy
Auto-filter OFF.
Admins should kick for racial crap only.
Kicks for words like noob or lamer are just stupid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard