saber66
+12|6478
i was wondering if bf2: sf is wortht he money and iwll help to get extra medals and etc...well it will, but is it gonna be wortht he money if bf2142 is coming out in a month...will ppl still play it?

just wondering
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6600|Florida
I still play SF, I actually prefer it
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
+62|6705|FIVE RIVERS OF HELL
SF is worth every Pennie and I have three copy's for three computers. I play it more than Vanilla. To answer your question about if people will be playing it with the release of 2142!?!? I will play it as long as I can, but to tell the truth I personally think the support will be short lived, along with BF2 stats pulls. I think the BF community is half and half on this one, half will stay back and play BF2 as long as it lasts like me and the other half will move over to 2142 immediately... Either way there is going to be plenty of people playing BF2 for as long as it lasts, you owe it to yourself to give SF a try. It is a damn good addition to BF2!

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-08-29 21:28:33)

-101-InvaderZim
+42|6866|Waikato, Aotearoa
?? i didnt get all that. Ur grammar is atrocious
GodanLiHar
+2|6570
Warlord and Ghost Town are still the best maps of the whole BF2-Series.
So i bet BF2:SF will be played also when 2142 is released.
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
+62|6705|FIVE RIVERS OF HELL

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

EDIT FOR GRAMMER: And "Ur" a IDIOT!

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-08-29 21:32:04)

deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6504
no its not
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6568
Yes, worth it. The price has dropped in stores as well.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
batman1029
>_>
+8|6549|Essex, Ontario, Canada
Yes it is worth it... But i only bought mine for 20 bucks, so it doesn't matter, but i prefer it too.. i love night maps
batman1029
>_>

EVIL_STYX wrote:

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

ANd your a IDIOT!
It's spelled you're dude. >_>
Wojo97civic
+5|6473
Its still worth it, I still play it to this day, except there aren't that many servers out there for SF
batman1029
>_>

EVIL_STYX wrote:

EVIL_STYX wrote:

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

EDIT FOR GRAMMER: And "Ur" a IDIOT!
-_- lol
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6501|Vancouver, USA

Wojo97civic wrote:

Its still worth it, I still play it to this day, except there aren't that many servers out there for SF
There are enough of them to get in a good game.  I love special forces, it really something nice and different from the vanilla BF2.  Definately buy it.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6600|Florida

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Yes, worth it. The price has dropped in stores as well.
yep, you can actually buy a double pack of BF2, and SF for i think $40.  So SF is probably $20
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6670
tho i play more bf2:vanilla i still think it's worth the money. i like the unlocks a lot as well so i'd recommend you to buy it
oberst_enzian
+234|6765|melb.au

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

syndicat111
+39|6701|UK
Im not overly keen on the Night Maps but its worth buying for the unlocks and Warlord (maybe surge aswell ) Also the grapples/zips are handy tools.
millhous
+39|6659|OREEGONE, USA
Yeah, the night maps kinda blow.  Especially if you manage to live long enough for your night vision to go out.  It takes the better part of a year to recharge to full capacity.  The other maps are great though.  You can tank/heli whore to your hearts content on maps like Iron Gator and Surge, or you can get into a good squad and infantry it up with the best map in the game, WARLORD.  The zip lines and grappling hooks add a great new dynamic to the game.  Not only do armor whores have to worry about guys on the ground, but they have to worry about on the rooftops as well.  All in all, its totally worth it. Especially since its dropped in price.
bedolf57
+20|6737|Metz, France
got mine for 10 euros and i play it often..great maps, infantry-oriented and some nice stuff (grapplins, etc..)
yes it's worth it
Biggles10
+1|6696
Special Forces,

This is by far the best out of all the BF2 series, the tear gas the flashbangs, grappling hooks and zip lines all add together to make sf so much better.
You find a better quality of players better run servers and everytime I play vanilla I find my self wanting to climb up onto rooftops and explore new places to get cover which is impossible without the grapple and zip line.
Vanilla is missing the vital elments that special forces has in bucket loads.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6695|Colorado
SF is to Vanilla as Gold is to Shit.
Buy it stop waiting.
dhoar4
Banned
+151|6558|Forest Lake, Australia
ANYTHING to do with EA is not worth it.  Save your money...
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6552|Belgium
Why SF is better than BF2:

1) Maps: More varied and imaginative than vanilla maps. Youre not restricted to USMC vs MEC or USMC vs  PLA, the armies are mixed better.
Squadplay also yeilds better results in SF, because the more detailed maps allow sneaking, flaking and other tactics. You will need to defend yourself and use them too attack bases successfully, because most flags are not very well protected (i find that vanilla maps offer too many hiding places while capping).
Nights maps bring out the Sam Fisher in us all, because who could deny silently taking out a few enemies with your nightvision on, and the business end of your rifle aimed at someones head . Low visibility offers even more usable tactics, and is great for tense clan wars.

2) Weapons: SF offers many new weapons, some of them are unlockable for BF2, others are unique stock weapons used by some SF armies. Arguably, MEC has the best stock weapon choice of all armies (excellent medic/assualt/sniper/support/anti-tank), some of which cant even be bested by unlocks. Four out of six SF armies use the MEC stock weapons, meaning you can use your favorite guns most of the time. The other armies offer unique stock weapons or even most of the best unlocks available (SAS-stock).

3) Transport: Two new kinds of transport are available in SF, infantry utilities and new vehicles. Infantry can now get on any place of the map they choose, using grapple hooks and zip lines, allowing you to explore otherwise unaccessible parts of the map. The support kit however does not get any of these, but carries a teargas-launcher instead, a powerfull ally while defending or attacking flags/buildings.
Next to the new helicopters, players can also get around on ATV's and civilian cars.

Well, in short: SF has less immature players, more tactics and a better overall game experience. The only thing better about vanilla is the larger choice of servers.
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6555|Denmizzark!!

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6696|Canada Eh?

iPoon.be wrote:

Well, in short: SF has less immature players, more tactics and a better overall game experience. The only thing better about vanilla is the larger choice of servers.
I never thought about it, but that's true, I never encountered any asshole admins or dumb n00bs on SF

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard