Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Nessie09 wrote:

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

PoE 2 does not run "Ranked" servers. Its a MOD created my a 3rd party group of skilled designers and programmers. Only "Vanilla BF2" runs ranked servers. Any and all MODS are unranked.
SF is a mod (xpack) and is ranked
It also happens to be owned and sold by EA/DIce.

Vengence's explination fits the bill. Sounds like it. Why is it that a stats free mod sees more teamwork than the regular ranked game?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ
Man PoE2 KICKS MY ASS!!!

It craps on both of EA's $US10 booster packs, and it was free!

I'm actually enjoying playing on unranked servers; we can focus on winning the round instead of the gold medal, and I don't miss meals and show up late for work and stuff because I can leave in the middle of a round and not lose my precious points!

It would be cool if it was ranked, though. Frig, if Infantry Only mode can be ranked, why the bloody hell not PoE2?
mattajohnstone
+15|6789

J=MAN wrote:

Man PoE2 KICKS MY ASS!!!

It craps on both of EA's $US10 booster packs, and it was free!

I'm actually enjoying playing on unranked servers; we can focus on winning the round instead of the gold medal, and I don't miss meals and show up late for work and stuff because I can leave in the middle of a round and not lose my precious points!

It would be cool if it was ranked, though. Frig, if Infantry Only mode can be ranked, why the bloody hell not PoE2?
yeah ea should let poe2 be ranked  when they do drop surport for bf2 gives us all the poe2 as ranked for a goodbye gift. I think that way everyone would be happy and love ea even if they drop the surrport and in time move onto bf2142.
the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6643|The Netherlands
There are third-party statstrackers with their own in-game ranking. So that explains the
in-game ranks at PoE
This is one of them: http://www.bfstats.info/index.php
They have a bunch of servers (including PoE) wich are tracked by them.
Maxxxie74
+25|6572|Brisbane, Australia
Yeesh.  I'd like to make a comment about the Aussie Clans server.  The server itself is a ranked server.  It also happens to be running the POE2 mod, which means it does not report stats, scores etc back to anywhere.  That means it is effectively unranked.  It's coming up as "Aussie Clans RANKED BF2 server" in the listing because I just forgot to change the server's description (I've since changed it).  That's all!  The reason you see your normal earned rank is because the server is configured to allow global ranks to be displayed, and global unlocks to be used (not that the unlocks mean much in this mod).

I hope this clears it up, and apologise for any confusion caused.

Max.
luckeydogg
+35|6530|C:/system32/pimp.exe
I was there too last night...  Everyone had their ranks and such...  It was pretty cool... 

Last edited by luckeydogg (2006-08-31 07:23:57)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

https://www.game-monitor.com/server-stat-image/4/FFFFFF/000000/000000/000000/69.65.15.210:16567.jpg

Found with "POE" keyword and "Ranked" filter from game-monitor server search..
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
jamie_v1.1
+35|6503|Leeds, UK

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

I saw a server like that for USI, I could join with my normal rank and I saw a promotion in there.
Who is that girl in your sig, shes amazing.
It's Kelly Brook, amazing aint she!!
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6770|Human Meat Shield

Nessie09 wrote:

Wrong. Its an Expansion pack released from EA/DICE. SF is NOT a mod, they didn't mess with core files(hitpoints, weapon devs), except unlocks.
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
+62|6680|Adelaide, Australia

imdead wrote:

Nessie09 wrote:

Wrong. Its an Expansion pack released from EA/DICE. SF is NOT a mod, they didn't mess with core files(hitpoints, weapon devs), except unlocks.
ROFL.

So then, why does my Special Forces command line include the parameter "+modPath mods/xpack"?
Is is because all the SF files are located in the "xpack" folder found in the "Battlefield 2\mods" folder... along with all the rest of the mods I have installed?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but if you're going to be so sure of yourself, make sure you're right!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard