RONIN6969001
+0|6754|Duluth MN
if it was true don't you think it would be on www.battlefield2.com     so untell it is posted on there i am not goign to beleave this..           also when make a post like this    back it up with proof!!!! (like a ligit website (EA and/or DICE))
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6548

warlord2000ad - Forum Moderator of EA UK Forums wrote:

This article is obviously untrue. 2142 and BF2 development are separate, and they would never waster months of development to switch there team to 2142. For this reason i am going to lock this topic.

Last edited by iNeedUrFace4Soup (2006-08-28 20:37:04)

https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6593|Reisterstown, MD

yet again, this is posted
ZoMg_h4x
I'M NOT KMAL!!!!
+64|6458|Atlanta, GA USA
Requesting a closing, do you copy?
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
+62|6684|FIVE RIVERS OF HELL
EA will fade to black in a short period of time, as far as BF2 goes...

Do Not be in denial here, 1.4 is the last patch and EA has said openly that they WILL be handing it over to the MOD community. I guess if you want to look forward to BF2 and your stats with some kind of false hope then by all means. But EA has already admitted they are dropping the ball ( shortly ) your stats will not be there, for the simple fact there server pulls will be on 2142 projected for Oct. of this year... It is as simple as looking at the bottom line BF2 is no longer cost effective for EA or Dice...

Those of you in DENIAL clearly know nothing about Corporations! The only thing that matters to corporations is the bottom line and the is the all mighty dollar!

BF2 sold at this point a copy here a copy there, Release of 2142 at 2 million copys for $50.00 USD you do the math...

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-08-28 21:10:13)

RasorX
+17|6745|Indianapolis
Read the original post if you can find it, I haven't seen such poor grammar since my AOL days.  The 12 year old who started this whole thing is laughing himself to sleep tonight. So, NO, it's not true.
chuuby
+19|6620

ZoMg_h4x wrote:

why not just stfu and let people post.maybe if you wouldnt haev posted that would be 3 less posts on here. so your waisting space just like the guy who posted the topic. so why not post 10 more times saying please close cry cry please close. go get a fucking life and stop worry about if a topic has been posted or not.  who gives a shit if this has been posted. this is the first time i have seen it.
ZoMg_h4x
I'M NOT KMAL!!!!
+64|6458|Atlanta, GA USA

chuuby wrote:

ZoMg_h4x wrote:

why not just stfu and let people post.maybe if you wouldnt haev posted that would be 3 less posts on here. so your waisting space just like the guy who posted the topic. so why not post 10 more times saying please close cry cry please close. go get a fucking life and stop worry about if a topic has been posted or not.  who gives a shit if this has been posted. this is the first time i have seen it.
awwww, does someone need a cookie? here you go sweetie
https://wiki.coolmon.org/files/cookie.jpg
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6583|Melbourne, Australia.
@Zomg hax

What makes you think that the stats will be there forever? Gamespy and EA obviously cannot go on forever, it costs money for Gamespy to archive all the stats and for them to keep updating, and as BF2 will slowly die out, the money spent will, sooner or later, will not be backed up with profits.

Sooner or later, wether it be on the release of 2142 or after it, BF2 stats will be no more, its inevitable.

Last edited by -[Silver.Inc* (2006-08-28 21:10:33)

PspRpg-7
-
+961|6700

ZoMg_h4x wrote:

Requesting a Kmal...I mean, click the report button fool.
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

@Zomg hax

What makes you think that the stats will be there forever? Gamespy and EA obviously cannot go on forever, it costs money for Gamespy to archive all the stats and for them to keep updating, and as BF2 will slowly die out, the money spent will, sooner or later, will not be backed up with profits.

Sooner or later, wether it be on the release of 2142 or after it, BF2 stats will be no more, its inevitable.
LoonykStephane
+34|6539|Kingston,Ontario,Canada
It not a IF they do... that it's WHEN they will do it...
I beleive this post to be a bit overkilling their intentions...BUT they will pull the plug on it sooner or later.
They will in fact release a final version of patch 1.4...soon

My theorie:
                Final patch 1.4 to include a stats system for single player...you will be able to use your single player profile for LAN or intrenet game. They will send a link to download your Ranked stats to your register e-mail adress linked to your game profile so you don't loose your stats...and you will be able to apply them to your single profile.

Finally the game will be handed over to the MOD community...
ZoMg_h4x
I'M NOT KMAL!!!!
+64|6458|Atlanta, GA USA

EVIL_STYX wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

@Zomg hax

its inevitable that this will happen sooner or later but the OP is making it seem like its gonna happen tomorrow or something.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6583|Melbourne, Australia.

ZoMg_h4x wrote:

EVIL_STYX wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

@Zomg hax

its inevitable that this will happen sooner or later but the OP is making it seem like its gonna happen tomorrow or something.
No, hes making it seem like its going to happen when the contract between EA and GSPY runs out, which is acctually a possibility.
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
Not tomorrow but soon, IT IS being turned over to the MOD community and how long do you think that will last. Just a bunch of unranked MOD servers!

The fact is that EA will be pushing there new product which is 2142... How they will push there new product is by NOT supporting BF2, servers or the stats pulls any longer.

Support and BF2 will not last much longer then the release of 2142. EA's Gamespy account is up in one month... I am not saying that BF2 will not be there in a month, I am just saying that it will not be long after that.

Like I said before, one or two copy's of BF2 sold here or there, or 2 million copy's of 2142 at $50.00 USD you do the math.

Those of you in DENIAL clearly know nothing about Corporations! The only thing that matters to corporations is the bottom line and that is the all mighty dollar! Trust in the fact that your personal stats mean NOTHING to EA or Dice, but that $50.00 in your pocket your going to give them damn sure does.

I am one that has invested in three copy's of Vanilla, three copy's of SF and two new rigs to play BF2 with my friends. I am also one that would be the first to say that I am just going sit back and play BF2 that I have invested allot of money in. But doing so would be a pipe dream. 2142 is nothing more than a SKINS change it is essentially the same game and I would rather play the Modern Day combat then Mech Warriors. The reality will be I will have to purchase 2142 if I want to play BF anything other than single player...

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-08-28 22:39:46)

Sheep of War
+40|6645

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

Downside: No more bug fixes
Upside: No new bugs
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6646|Cumberland, MD, USA
This is why I hated the ranking system in the first place. You'd really get into the gameplay and earning the medals part of the game and as soon as you get close to them all, EA's just gonna do away with the damn system. The ranking shit takes away from the fun of the Battlefield series IMO.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6546|Sverige (SWE)
lol this is just shit......................
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
The awards system is what I feel in love with BF2 for! The first time I heard that drum roll I was hooked... Like I say $300.00 in software and two brand new rigs, it's more of a hobbie than a game to me anyways.

It does Suck that it was so short lived for some of us... They will have to do work on the next release BFwhatever, they can not hide behind the same game engine forever. But that also means system upgrades to run the damn thing!

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-08-28 22:37:36)

Gryphen_au
+5|6481
A lot of people play because they enjoy the scorringv system, and having their stats online, to suddenly close it down works against them in two way...

1. Some people want to keep playing BF2, they are not inclined to move to BF2142, especially after all the issues with the paches.

2. If you start playing BF2142, how long are the stats going to be available, not worth investing all your time and money and then find out they will just be deleted.

People are willingt to invest their time andm oney because they have an online version of the history, it can mean something to them, if its only going to be removed, then whats the point of it all.

People seeing this type of treatment will decide not to transfer across to BF2142, this will cost the corporate big wigs alot more money, and losing money is something they can ill-afford.

This is just another great big hoax.
ilyandor
+31|6690|Phoenix, AZ

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

Downside: No more bug fixes
ummm, tell me again just what bugs were fixed?

oh, none...
bedolf57
+20|6716|Metz, France
i think that to be sure of whats going to happen, just start 3 more threads about this.
lt-grumpy
+3|6687|Smoke me a kipper...
Just got this from EA site..

There is no truth to the initial post in this thread in the slightest.

Support for Battlefield 2 goes a long way beyond patches - it covers a whole host of other activities including the support of this forum that will be continuing well beyond the launch of Battlefield 2142. The 1.4 patch may well be the last one released, but that is assuming that there is nothing left to fix, and however nobody knows for certain whether this will be the case as yet.

On a procedural note, we're never given any "cease all support of this game" edicts internally, we match the level of support to the level of interest in line with the plans for the future of the title in question or the franchise it belongs to. Given that the Battlefield franchise has plenty going on I don't foresee a drop-off in support from our end for quite some time.
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=28688

Last edited by lt-grumpy (2006-08-29 02:04:09)

Gryphen_au
+5|6481
Yer just some chump trying to stir the pot, and irritate the crap out of everybody...

..a very obvious hoax, especially when you read he got his stats reset, so he's just got a gripe against EA/DICE
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6551|EUtopia | Austria

lt-grumpy wrote:

Just got this from EA site..

There is no truth to the initial post in this thread in the slightest.

Support for Battlefield 2 goes a long way beyond patches - it covers a whole host of other activities including the support of this forum that will be continuing well beyond the launch of Battlefield 2142. The 1.4 patch may well be the last one released, but that is assuming that there is nothing left to fix, and however nobody knows for certain whether this will be the case as yet.

On a procedural note, we're never given any "cease all support of this game" edicts internally, we match the level of support to the level of interest in line with the plans for the future of the title in question or the franchise it belongs to. Given that the Battlefield franchise has plenty going on I don't foresee a drop-off in support from our end for quite some time.
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=28688
Please remember me to give you a karma +1 for that post as soon as I got enough posts for distributing karma points

By the way, folks, you see that if we play BF2 on ranked servers regularly, we'll further be able to enjoy it!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard