killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6588|Reisterstown, MD

lol yet another thread about this.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6490|N. Ireland
Captain, you'd never get promoted. You need almost 1000 hours more playtime LOL..

Last edited by leetkyle (2006-08-28 16:28:12)

High Spirit
+5|6569|Canada, Eh?
It's a hoax...
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6748|Chicago.
Guys, don't freak out. Its fake. Read the heading, its just chain mail for forums! A Chain Thread perhaps. Here:

Article in Link wrote:

A version of this article will be posted on a major gaming site within the next 48 hrs
Frankly, its spam. Unture, fabricated spam.

Ignore it.
messfeeder
+31|6525|Gotham
Do I smell Bull Shit?
CaptainKris
+54|6473|Safety Harbor, Florida

leetkyle wrote:

Captain, you'd never get promoted. You need almost 1000 hours more playtime LOL..
Actually hating to be the killjoy here but I really only need 173 hours 41 minutes and 54 seconds until I can get Brig. General so . I can easily get veteran tank in that amount of time.

Captain "I can almost smell my star" Kris
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6680|England and damn proud

messfeeder wrote:

Do I smell of Bull Shit?
Yes you do

LOL sorry i couldnt resist
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6719|Eastern PA

High Spirit wrote:

It's a hoax...
I believe it's a trap. It could even be a tarp.
XxsilentjayexX
+1|6672|Ohio
why the hell would you admit that you cant make a goddamn game work right, and then say "hey, we're not going to support it anymore, but we are going to support a new game built on the same engine and hope all things work out"... what a load of crock
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6543
:sigh:

Why would anyone believe they would stop supporting online play... It would be commercial suicide for 2142.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Rothaus
+2|6545
this does sound a bit crazy.
right now you have bf2 on the shelves of stores advertising multiplay with all the ranked bonuses.
they'd have to pull all of those copies, or put a sticker on them saying 'we fvcked up large and you can only play bots now'
(RB)BuLLeT-X2
+12|6512|Miami, FL
Later this week there wil be a rather low key announcement that EA are officially dropping support for BF2; quote: "In preparation for the earlier than expected release of BF2142". Despite the public betas and extensive, and indeed very costly testing by DICE and partners, solutions to the outstanding and most notorious issues of BF2 post 1.3 have remained elusive.
Support for the game has dropped by nearly 50% since the release of patch 1.3 and ranked server rental by over 70%. With this in mind it is no longer feasible for EA to continue to support a game that has seemingly terminal problems the pursuit of solutions for which have run into a prohibitive area of cost.
EA gave a first sign of the imminent demise of bf2 by permanently closing all UK multiplay servers backed by its UK offices earlier this week, and by sending instructions to ranked server providers to wind down the service.
If BF2 end users will be disappointed by the lack of server support, the imminent end of EA's contract for player database storage with Gamespy may well raise tempers. EA's agreement with Gamespy ends on October 1, and as EA will use their own EA membership service to log player records for BF2142, the BF2 gamespy service will terminate on this date, meaning all current BF2 ranked players will lose all playing records.
The final BF2 patch release will be a new 1.4b patch, which will remove the log in screen function but as a small bonus will allow all bf2 players to have all unlock weapons ingame, hardly much reward for the hard work put in by the legions of let down bf2 fans.
somebdy at EA has some hard work to do over the next few days, and the success of BF2142 looks even more critical than ever for the PC gaming crowd.
ZoMg_h4x
I'M NOT KMAL!!!!
+64|6453|Atlanta, GA USA
dude this has been posted countless times.   please delete your post. it will save u some flames....
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6695

I will laugh so hard.
emumano101
+7|6529|um my dads house
say what!!!!!!! there gona do that !!!!!
RD_The_Dog
+87|6534
no.........they're not going to do that.
emumano101
+7|6529|um my dads house
u sure all that time for nothing !!!!
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6476|Vancouver, USA
I don't believe that crap.  But if it is true- I might have to cry myself to sleep at night. 
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6543
/me hits self in head with keyboard over and over and over...
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
emumano101
+7|6529|um my dads house
NOOOOO THIS SU CKS y cant DICE OR EA keep ower states YYYYYY!!!!!!!!
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6528
Hmmm. Aint that a bitch. Can someone confirm this. Why cant they just transfer the stats to their own servers.
Budo7
+2|6770
This is been on all the boards, I wish EA would come out with the truth one way or the other.
Having had a preview of 2142 I don't think I will be going there, however its only 50USD, so
being the sucker that I am, I will buy it.
ZoMg_h4x
I'M NOT KMAL!!!!
+64|6453|Atlanta, GA USA
omg quit freaking out   it isnt true.     can a mod close this pretty pretty please!
Sheep of War
+40|6640
Really its not all tha much of a suprise. The key to consoles is to have them break after a certain amount of time and to keep releasing games.

The key to PC, is to keep and endless line of new hardware coming out (even though there may be incomplete drivers, ect for the previous gen.) And the games, to do your best to force people into buying the newest thing (even though they aren't bug free yet.)

As of the beta now, I won't be buying 2142 for endless lists of reasons. If the come out with a public beta, and its smoother and better than BF2, I might consider it. The plans now are to wait for the upcoming games that look great. TDU comes to might, quake wars, there is even talks of a DX9 crysis coming out.
Jejjk
My "Page Up" has never been used.
+40|6604|Sweden
If it's true, so be it.
And, @ topicstarter: havn't the top ten guys pretty much wasted their time even tho they may or may not get to keep their stats??

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard