No, I don't believe but get dragged to Church2%2% - 13
Yes, I believe and don't go to Church20%20% - 88
I'm an Athiest - booyah26%26% - 116
I know there's something out there..16%16% - 71
Nothing is out there14%14% - 65
Total: 436
leesupport
+39|6673
Im a Christian and belive in only one GOD and that God made the world and everything in it...the earth didnt just appear by itself and man didnt come from monkeys.
jsnipy
+3,276|6513|...

yes, church does not make your belief superlative ...

Why can't god (by whateever ur religion calls) and life beyond the stars be the same thing ... imaging what is being described in the book of revalations and by whom it is being descibed by ... can this not be a description of of some craft of sorts?
jsnipy
+3,276|6513|...

leesupport wrote:

Im a Christian and belive in only one GOD and that God made the world and everything in it...the earth didnt just appear by itself and man didnt come from monkeys.
Again ... why can't evolution BE the method of creation ... just like the things made by man's hands go through stages ...
P581
Monkey
+44|6459

leesupport wrote:

Do you believe that Jesus is the son of god, sent here to save you from sin?
JaMDuDe
+69|6768

jsnipy wrote:

Why can't god (by whateever ur religion calls) and life beyond the stars be the same thing ... imaging what is being described in the book of revalations and by whom it is being descibed by ... can this not be a description of of some craft of sorts?
Only some parts of the bible in the english translation interpreted in a certain way can make it sound like there is a possiblity that the thing they thought was God was actually aliens. There is no chance God is actually a bunch of aliens.
Sheep of War
+40|6633
Yeah, there is no choice on the poll that I agree with strong enough to choose.

My take on it is that you can have all of the faith in the world, but the fact is that nobody knows for sure. There just isn't enough evidence either way to make a descision.
Jejjk
My "Page Up" has never been used.
+40|6598|Sweden
I answered a topic like this a couple of months ago, and got a fucking halleluja-mail from someone trying to "save" me... But it didn't work, I'm still no believer...
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6675|United States of America
Aren't "Atheist" and "Nothing out there" the same thing? I admire atheists. They're some brave folk. They're not worried about the future of spending eternity smothered in hellfire.

I think he meant Agnostic-booyah and correctly got the nothing oot there option.

Last edited by DesertFox423 (2006-08-28 20:14:26)

jsnipy
+3,276|6513|...

JaMDuDe wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Only some parts of the bible in the english translation interpreted in a certain way can make it sound like there is a possiblity that the thing they thought was God was actually aliens. There is no chance God is actually a bunch of aliens.
What parts are you refering to? My experience is with the greek xlation. I'm trying to discount it by saying god could be a bunch of aliens ... I'm just suggesting how such things in the bible could manifest.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6465|Foothills of S. Carolina

Well, I chose I believe and goto Church, as I do and do. I don't however, agree with force feeding ones religion or lack of religion down another persons throat. It leaves a bad taste and is less likely to make that person see your point of view. Just my two cents.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6686|NJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLl3mWfH56c

This is what it's about be carefull it's offesive but very funny.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6665|Canberra, AUS

leesupport wrote:

And I believe you should then desist from posting here. God forbid you might get whacked by some people if you continue (e.g. Me)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6665|Canberra, AUS

DesertFox423 wrote:

Aren't "Atheist" and "Nothing out there" the same thing? I admire atheists. They're some brave folk. They're not worried about the future of spending eternity smothered in hellfire.

I think he meant Agnostic-booyah and correctly got the nothing oot there option.
There is a difference. Look up 'Nontheism.'
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6477|Melbourne

God is like a cruel kid with a magnifying glass, and we are the ants.

The world was born from Chaos is my Opinion and then Evolution created man, Chaos came from a black hole to.  but thats just my opinion.  There is prof that the bible may not be true:
Many tombs found in anent Egypt were found before the greater flood of Noah's Arc, in the bible its stated that it Flooded the world, yet in the period of flood Egypt went on un affected, so that makes you think is the bible just a fictional story?

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-08-28 23:15:26)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6519|Global Command
I believe that God is unknowable, if he exist.
You will never know what happens when you die, until you die.

We might as well debate the color of the sunsets on planet X, it'd have as much meaning.
No offense meant to the ultra religious members who I know frequent here.
Shifty
+3|6628|Maine
God is not unknowable you can pray to God and God will answer your prayers.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6519|Global Command
Thats what you say.
I believe trees and dogs and all life  has souls and your prejudiced, primitive and backwards if you think only humans have souls.
You waste energy preaching to me boy, I'm the son of a Utah polygamist and the oldest of 32 children. I was raised in a harsh, by some standards, religious enviroment.
It just didn't work for me, I aint Mormon, and I aint Christian and I aint sorry. I've studied too many other religions and too much world religion history to do anything but laugh when people say that to me.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6706
im an atheist, but respect others belief as they do not try to push their beliefs onto me
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6479|Kamloops, BC Canada
I'm definetly Agnostic... my view is that I don't know, and no one else knows...

However... I DESPISE ALL RELIGIOUS PEOPLE WHO PUSH THEIR RELIGION ON ME NON-STOP... at that point it just becomes a cult popularity contest.

I know people will hate me for saying this, but lots of times "religion is a crutch for the weak"
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
The poll has so many options and some about Church because God talks about resting on the seventh day, Sunday. To go and praise for the work is completed.

I believe in part evolution. I think we have certainly evolved, but not as intense as what all you think.
snuten_i_sjoholmen
+9|6464|Svea Rike
I don't care about religion, perhaps there is something out there, but I believe in evolution and big bang theory. I don't think God created humans. Religions is a poison, it only starts war and shit like that..
schofield
+28|6568|west yorkshire UK
we are just animals here on this planet and have been through evolution and all the other bullshit why would there be a 'god' man you people who believe in it are just mentally deformed and brainwashed amen that ya pussys
schofield
+28|6568|west yorkshire UK

ATG wrote:

Thats what you say.
I believe trees and dogs and all life  has souls and your prejudiced, primitive and backwards if you think only humans have souls.
You waste energy preaching to me boy, I'm the son of a Utah polygamist and the oldest of 32 children. I was raised in a harsh, by some standards, religious enviroment.
It just didn't work for me, I aint Mormon, and I aint Christian and I aint sorry. I've studied too many other religions and too much world religion history to do anything but laugh when people say that to me.
ya i think ur a typical bible basher and goodie 2 shoes go and cuddle some trees and get off the forum
Marinejuana
local
+415|6575|Seattle
atheism ftw!!!!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6546
We are complex hydrocarbon scum that has formed on the surface of a ball of rock and iron that happens to be a particular distance from a star capable of supplying the planet with a relatively steady supply of radiated energy. If we don't destroy ourselves first, through misuse of limited resources, we will die out when said star stops producing the requisite amount of energy to keep us going. At that stage the earth will return to being a desolate ball of rock and iron orbiting said star, much like our moon. All of the rest of 'reality' is inconsequential bullshit in the grand grand scheme of the unimaginably vast universe. Humankind will only exist in this universe for the equivalent of a bat of an eyelid in terms of the eternity of time behind us and ahead of us. Enjoy it while you can.

God is dead. Humankind doesn't need 'him' anymore. Some of humankind has and many more will move on past such primitive concepts.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-29 02:19:13)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard