USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6551|Daytona Beach, FL
This is just for the pilots who know how to land...

Don't you hate it when you land to repair your severely damaged jet... then all the lamers who are waiting at the spawn for 10 minutes doin nothin just start running up to your jet to get TKed?

It happened the other day on the TV2 Clean Sweep server. I landed my SU-34 after takin a couple of AA missles... then three or four guys just started running for my jet as I was turning around. I had better things to do than worry about TKing plane waiters.. like gettin my jet up before an F-18 showed up. Well I ended up running over at least three of those bastards.. they all punished.. and I got kicked... wonderful.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6687|Ohio
i  didnt even know you could land. I always jumped out over the strip and waited for the jet to respawn.
137twozerosniper
+57|6607|UK
yeah its stupid and i dont like TV2 anyway
calamity
+1|6685|Canada eh? where that weed at
don't land on the runway just go slow and land on a mountain or somthin, just go slow, if its too bumpy ur screwed
(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6586|Boise, Idaho
All you have to do if you are really worried about tks is just fly slowly over the airstrip a fewtimes.
SoC./Omega
+122|6583|Omaha, Nebraska!
ya i do that all the time, land and they run over to me..... just let them suffer
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6885|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I don't land, I fly at the mininum speed possible withoutout stalling over the airfield, deliver my payload, rinse and repeat until I'm full health.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6737|UK

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

i  didnt even know you could land. I always jumped out over the strip and waited for the jet to respawn.
your joking right?
Git.R.Don3
+2|6544

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

lmao, ya you can land. but ya that sucks. and if there is any of those people that make jet flyers TK you... FUCK YOU
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6542|so randum
i land whenever i can, but i was on a server playin 64 wake, and i was actually owning in th f35b, goin up agaisnt j10s and takin them down etc, takin out the z10 when it was rapin ground troops, so i was helping the team, then i did a quick land after a nasty igla experience, and some arsehole corporal blows me away with a sraw!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6738|Germany
In BF1942 it was pretty common to land,but there wasn't this whole punish/kick-system.

If people would use a bit of common sense this runway-blocking-shit wouldn't happen.
I sometimes don't believe how fixated people are on a certain vehicle and how their score actually depends on getting it.
I think I'm one of the very few guys who actually give a guy a vehicle if he's doing well in it.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-08-28 15:47:51)

Jbrar
rawr
+86|6584|Winterpeg, Canada
Landing's a breeze for me, but i'm an average pilot. Only thing i don't like about the Bf2 planes is you really can't land without ur nose wheel touching the ground first or at the same time as the rear's.
jord
+2,382|6720|The North, beyond the wall.
I hate it when It thinks I'm the tker when I'm in a heli and the other guy is in a jet.

The jet is responsible!I hate you!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6535|N. Ireland
What? I land with only my rear wheels and then touch down - just like a real jet.. works everytime and I lose no damage whatsoever. Love doing it on Wake Island - especially when there is another jet there lol!
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6885|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

In BF1942 it was pretty common to land,but there wasn't this whole punish/kick-system.

If people would use a bit of common sense this runway-blocking-shit wouldn't happen.
I sometimes don't believe how fixated people are on a certain vehicle and how their score actually depends on getting it.
I think I'm one of the very few guys who actually give a guy a vehicle if he's doing well in it.
In BF1942 you had throttle control, and could actually move the plane on the runway, (or the hilly slopes and offroad terrain you would land on LOL).

You could land ANYWHERE, mind you ANYWHERE in BF1942, you could land on top of rooftops if you timed it right.
What you can do is play engineer and land outside of the map boundaries somewhere, as long as the ground is flat.

Repair until just before your 10 seconds are up, hop in, repeat.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6567|dunno
I just run them over.
L0pht=TAG=
+2|6514

The_Killer wrote:

I just run them over.
Same here
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6504|United States
I sometimes land the f-18 or MIG on kubra...thats never happened to me. Normally im up for a very long time and they all give up and go do something else...
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6847|Portland, OR, USA

A couple passes at really low speed will usually mostly repair your jet. No need to land and you're just a target for bombers. If you managed to land and then take back off, then you were on a really noob server.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6663|London, England
I try and just either forget about repairing and see how long i can go without dying, or repair slowly on the airfield whilst doing quick high alt bombing runs and stuff. It's too risky to land on the runway, with the F35 it's not so annoying as you can hover but with other jets your're better off doing it slowly whilst flying more carefully.
PASSUBY
+30|6674|Louisiana

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

JaM3z
Banned
+311|6752
i class them as AFK and boot them from the server, also jet/heli pilots may experience high ping on my server at complete random times *cough*
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6588
Landing is asking for trouble. The only time I land is if i'm in a 2-seater and I want to swap to laser missiles and let my co-pilot have a turn flying, and the sky and landing strip are clear. Not often.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
dhoar4
Banned
+151|6577|Forest Lake, Australia

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard