HM1{N}
+86|6615|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA
where can you pre-order BF2142 in the U.S.?
Krysiss
+15|6445|NL
‹2:35pm› <king0rism> EA's agreement with Gamespy ends on October 1, and as EA will use their own EA membership service to log player records for BF2142, the BF2 gamespy service will terminate on this date, meaning all current BF2 ranked players will lose all playing records.
‹2:35pm› <king0rism> The final BF2 patch release will be a new 1.4b patch, which will remove the log in screen function but as a small bonus will allow all bf2 players to have all unlock weapons ingame, hardly much reward for the hard work put in by the legions of let down bf2 fans.

This is hot news and hundreds of people in IRC are enraged.
I will have more news as I get it.

-------------------------------------------------
If this would be true, I wouldn't mind to happen
because the servers costs will be lower
because there is ABR systeem around and not many people don't know about this systeem.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Score!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6601|Washington, DC

Old'd >.> but I think it's a hoax. EA, despite their various fuckups in the past, would not be THIS dumb.
-=5TON3D
+42|6505|u.k
why make another thread posting the same fuckin message stated in the other thread?.

"requesting closure at this position!!".
Krysiss
+15|6445|NL

-=5TON3D wrote:

why make another thread posting the same fuckin message stated in the other thread?.

"requesting closure at this position!!".
Don't know.

I tink it's the weed.
Zodiaccup
+42|6517

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Old'd >.> but I think it's a hoax. EA, despite their various fuckups in the past, would not be THIS dumb.
They definately are...
Krysiss
+15|6445|NL

Zodiaccup wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

They definately are...
I hope it would be true

if you look t the past EA it's really possible.
and if it's true Dice have to see that EA is bad company.

also the accounts are form Gamespy and not EA (it's weird thing EAvers gamespy)
same with the nicknames issues (changes your nickname)
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
Doubt it.
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

Old. I'm pretty sure this is a hoax.
Zodiaccup
+42|6517

Krysiss wrote:

Zodiaccup wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

They definately are...
I hope it would be true

if you look t the past EA it's really possible.
and if it's true Dice have to see that EA is bad company.

also the accounts are form Gamespy and not EA (it's weird thing EAvers gamespy)
same with the nicknames issues (changes your nickname)
Just to prevent that my post is misunderstood (yep, my english sucks).
I meant they definatley are...that dumb.
Graphic
Real Horrorshow
+24|6466|Nevada
Not true - everyone calm down and dry off your undies.
Bunn-Gee
+7|6436
I'm not sure I care one way or another but how is everyone certain it's not true?

The only person of credit disclaiming it was a EA UK board moderator.  No offense to them, their jobs are hard, but board mods often don't know what's about to be announced.  I've seen plenty of official game boards have their moderators say something that turns out to be not true later simply because they are not in the loop.  Their jobs are keeping boards neat and tidy not part of the decision making process.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6561|Your attic
I very much doubt they'll be closing the stats system only weeks before the release of their new game. If you have even a minuscule amount of marketing sense you will realise that pissing off a vast majority of the community right before releasing your new product is not a good idea, EA have lost enough people over the bugginess of BF2, this would all but destroy the BF series. I'm buying 2142 no matter what, but alot of people won't if they do this and for the amount that the stats servers take to run it'd be insane to lose a massive amount of customers (and therefore money)

In short, if EA have even a tiny amount of intelligence they won't be closing the servers down.......

Last edited by Towelly (2006-08-28 11:29:45)

imyourpapie
+0|6726
I say it's true. My opinion but I say EA and Dice are blaming each other for the problems in BF2, so they decided to part their ways. You make it sound like EA cares about it's customers.... with EA's reputation, this can be a possibility that they won't support BF2. Anyways, EA has a lot of other games they can make a lot of money from, if BF fails they can always count on their sport games on the console systems to get a profit. I don't care anymore about my stats because I'm playing POE2. BF2 was getting boring anyways and I heard BF2142 ain't that great (from the dozens of people I talked to on Xfire who are playing BF2142 right now.)

Last edited by imyourpapie (2006-08-28 11:32:34)

JohnClark
+5|6557|Groningen-The Top of Holland

lt-grumpy wrote:

..... Support for the game has dropped by nearly 50% since the release of patch 1.3 and ranked server rental by over 70%. .......
Bullshit & crap, there are more ranked servers than ever before!

Last edited by JohnClark (2006-08-28 11:33:19)

dodge_this(fr)
Raving Rabbit
+26|6659|The Hague, Netherlands
Here it is will be up tommorow, BTW warlord please contact EA and see what they say. You yourself state you are not an ea employee.

EA BF2 CRISIS!

After this months announcement of a delay in the release of the much anticipated patch 1.4, the final patch to be issued for Battlefield 2 comes some good news: the patch is ready to go. However, gamers expecting the changes, fixes and improvements much discussed and debated on the Battlefield community's many web forums are set for a big shock. A Gamespy insider has revealed that despite the DICE testing team throwing much time and EA money at Battlefield 2's multitude of problems they still keep popping up, and despite the delay and an extensive public and private testing plan no solutions were found. The final patch will be put out next week with the Comcast sponsored map 'Road to Jalalabad' but minus the essential fixes promised. Not good news, and not news likely to please the army of fans seemingly ready to riot outside the doors of EA hq unless they're fixed. The problems in question were introduced with the May release of the 1.3 patch, an essential update to implement the lucrative 'Armored Fury' booster pack and therefore one, unlike earlier faulty patches, that couldn't be rolled back. Gamers have experienced frequent server crashes, game crashes and a large number of multiplayer glitches that have rendered the game an unplayable mess for most. As a result according to Gamespy statistics, player numbers have dwindled by as much as 40%, whilst the UK based server provider Multiplay reports that ranked server rentals have dropped by 60% in just 2 months. Things are set to get worse for BF2 players however with the news that EA will sever their ties with Gamespy over the persistent scoring system that is hosted by the US provider, possibly as early as October 1. Players who have entered the EA Battlefield 2142 pre release program will be able to retain their in game ranks, however all scores and awards will go offline as EA switches from the Gamespy login service to its own in house system. Judging by the popularity of Battlefield 2's scoring and ranks this will not be a well recieved move to say the least, and will no doubt further irritate players expected to purchase another EA Battlefield title just over a year past Battlefield 2's release, and one expansion and two booster packs later. Regarding Battlefield 2142, the release date is apparently set to be moved up from November to late September after the public beta test revealed the game to be in better shape than first imagined. Whether anybody will be around to play it is another matter.

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.ph … ight=patch
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6620|Washington DC

The loss of stats stuff is probably a hoax ... oh yea, and part of this is already posted.

Last edited by OrangeHound (2006-08-28 08:55:11)

bedolf57
+20|6685|Metz, France
no release date?
dodge_this(fr)
Raving Rabbit
+26|6659|The Hague, Netherlands
it's not official but i bet for next thursday
emumano101
+7|6502|um my dads house
wow  I'll believe it when its out
Widjerd
I like sausage
+18|6511|Bristol UK
hoax by some 8 year old with nothing better to do
xINTERMISSIONx
+71|6528|A dark hole....
we got him!    ........maybe

Last edited by xINTERMISSIONx (2006-08-28 09:06:35)

JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6512|Sammamish, WA
I smell a hoax. This post combines just about every frequently-voiced player complaint, conspiracy theory and EA-flame all rolled into one. Attaching Gamespy's name to it seems a bit over the top. Not even EA would go ahead with such a completely asshole-ish move in dumping the BF2 ranking system like this and forcing players to buy 2142...especially considering that the game has only been out for just over a year!
P581
Monkey
+44|6440
Trolling is fun isn't it?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard