[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6762
Gah, ok I seriously need help....been trying to get these for a long time, but they always elude me!  Does anyone have any tips to getting these?
MB.nZ
+86|6775|New Zealand
well for me its chopper + aviator, but I actually never tried it seriously to get them
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
go into a 64 player server when there are only like 20 people.

usually its the 15-20 minute time contraint that people have trouble reaching, not the amount of kills.
Lawk
+2|6775
Instead of going into the round with ribbons on your mind, just think about killing.  The ribbons will follow.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6762

MB.nZ wrote:

well for me its chopper + aviator, but I actually never tried it seriously to get them
I can give you a tip for the chopper.  Get on a populated Sharqi server, on the 32- or 64- player map, it doesn't matter.  Although more people means more targets.  Anyway, go to the MEC side, and hop in the gunner seat of their chopper.  Hopefully your pilot is decent, and so you should be able to rack up bunches of kills with the autocannon.  After you have the kills, make sure that you're the pilot, and concentrate on staying in the air.  Dont even go for any attack runs with the rockets, let your gunner do the ground-pounding.  If you see the other chopper, well, you'll most likely have no choice but to engage it, just be careful that you dont hit the crane, or that you don't pull back too far.

Last edited by [Ahazi] Kaika (2005-11-30 15:37:41)

spec-soul
+0|6725
For me, I got the aviator on Wake Island 2007.. Just circle the island And try not to get shot down by other jets or AA.
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6779
Ill give some tips.

For Armor - I got my ribbon playing on Gulf of Oman in a T-90.  Spent the entire round hopping from flag to flag, and I got lucky enough to avoid most airstrikes by the damn F-35's.  I got my ribbon with about 5 tickets left in the game.

The only real advice I can give you here other than to basically tank whore for the round is to move from flag to flag, and never stop moving.  The minute you stop moving, you become a HUGE (even bigger) target for the F-35's, and commanders take notice too.  DO NOT spawn camp on this map - spawn camping makes you a target for all the planes flying around.

I got my Aerial Service ribbon on Kubra Dam, playing as MEC.  Basically, I just flew the Su-34 bomber for the entire round and bombed the living crap out of everything that moved.  I was playing on my clan's server (which really helps because you know you have competitant people that help with enemy aircraft and target spotting), and I just stayed in the air the entire time bombing, reloading, bombing, etc.

If you are going for your Aerial Service and you aren't that great of a pilot or bomber, then fly the bomber aircraft (Su-34, Su-33 (or is it 32?  The Chinese one)) - they drop 5 bombs over a larger area and are a bit slower, making them much easier to line up and kill targets than fighters are.

Hope I helped a little.
Absinthe
+18|6757
I got mine by being the bomber in the F15. You got to have a good pilot though..
RudeBwoySoldier
+0|6723
Try this server: 85.236.101.49 17567

It runs 64 player map size but with only 32 players. You get 300 tickets so you get very long games all the time, ideal for going for badges/ribbons. Karkand is probably best for tank, Dalign for aviator and shaqi for chopper.

Hope this helps.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6753
To get armor ribbon, go EA official Karkand, 16/16. Usually these servers are running 32 maps. Take the tank. Enjoy I dont have aviator, heli ribbons either. On servers I play in they all occupied... always... l+ flying with mouse hmmmmmmm... I guess I'm on foot for life lol. At leas until I get my joyst. back

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2005-12-01 14:07:32)

Kriznik
+0|6772

[Ahazi] Kaika wrote:

Gah, ok I seriously need help....been trying to get these for a long time, but they always elude me!  Does anyone have any tips to getting these?
where you have problem?

these two ribbons are pretty easy only based on time...
KB77Hell
+0|6740|T.O. Canada

ThomasMorgan wrote:

go into a 64 player server when there are only like 20 people.

usually its the 15-20 minute time contraint that people have trouble reaching, not the amount of kills.
Yeah, I agree.  The tough part is just getting the armour, heli or jet consistantly.
Tempelridderen
+0|6734

RudeBwoySoldier wrote:

Try this server: 85.236.101.49 17567

It runs 64 player map size but with only 32 players. You get 300 tickets so you get very long games all the time, ideal for going for badges/ribbons. Karkand is probably best for tank, Dalign for aviator and shaqi for chopper.

Hope this helps.
Thanks dude,  I'm also trying to get those..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard