FreekBoy
+1|6864|Michigan
I have a full list of mirrors with direct download links here: http://downloads.bf2sigs.net/download.php?file=16
lordgeno
Enemy Bush Spotted!
+18|6736|asshole of the planet, NM, USA

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

How do i get the exe? i just downloaded it through download accelerator (left the room for like 3 horus) came back and it said it was ready. i clicked openn folder and its an anonymous file? tHERES NO option to ocmpress
I don't know how to use dl accelarator, I just downloaded it to the desk top, moved it to a folder in my big hard drive, then right clicked, selected extract here, put in the password, then after it was done extracting, ran the .exe, then used the short cut it put on my desk top.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6720
its fucked...i'm not downloading again either
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6667|Ohio

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

PoP wrote:

setup is missin the file PoE2-v1.0.0.0-mappack.cab please place the missing file in the same location as this installer: C:\documents and settings\Jordan\local settings\temp\wz9dd8

HELP PLS!!!

Edit, sorry im an idiot.
me too
Ok, i figured it out. go on Internet Explorer or Firefox and copy that location in the address bar. it will take you to a folder. now go to your Zipped PoE and copy the mappack into the folder. now launch the exe already in the folder. Presto!

Last edited by Paco_the_Insane (2006-08-26 19:07:27)

BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6549
Seeding until complete of 1.0
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6697|Canberra, AUS

Zodiaccup wrote:

MECtallica wrote:

they dont allow ranked with mods. its an unfair advantage. mods are for fun, not ranks or stats.....
EA`s first intention was to allow alternative ranking systems, but with Patch 1.3 this attitude changed
(maybe they got scared, that nobody where going to buy 2142 when a good Bf2-Mod with rank system is available).
On the contrary - it's a very sensible move. What's to stop someone making a mod where MOVING gets you points?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
[619]Nekro
+0|6561
Wasn't there a mention that 1.4 would have the ability for mods to create thier own ranking systems that would not effect the current global system? Would be nice because then you could have seperate stats for your POE name and BF2 name but still feel like your achieving something. Then again maybe the rank system is overall whats wrong with this game..lol.

On a side note am I the only one that noticed that Germany gets a support pickup kit and ukraine doesn't maybe its an offset for ukraine getting 2 sniper pick ups...dunno.

Still downloading this bad boy only getting 97kbps but looks sweet and I like the dome of death idea wonder if they took any measures against vehicle spawn rape (i.e. alot of random spawn points)
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6720
wish i could have the download....
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6667|Ohio
im the worst pilot ever, and i figured i might as well try flying in poe, so i did, got a kdr of like 3 and 17, then i started using the frog master, and i was owning, i got it up to 16 and 21. yes, i learned to fly thanks to poe.
Fujin
+18|6569
All this chatter about this has gotten me very intrigued...downloading now (cripes, some of you guys scared me with that 2, 3, 4 hour or whole day business...only taking me 48 minutes using Shot Your Six's link...thanks dude).  But so I have this straight (a couple of posts got me questioning), is this a mod that uses your current BF2 to piggy back through or is this a stand alone game?  How are the graphics comparitively?  On my older computer I run BF2 on all medium settings to get decent gameplay, will I be able to do better with PoE?

Older comp:

AMD Athlon Xp 2800+
1.5 gig DDR2700
ATI 9600 Pro 256
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6774|The 70's
Wow, I'm impressed. Fast download from the benelux mirror (35 minutes), problem free install, and then in. Got to say this looks really good. Excellent graphics, REAL cover, great sound. Bit odd to have weapons you can 'find', but the maps look great on first view, the infantry battle in the forest is fucking cool. the only other mod I've tried was the PRMM, but this looks way beyond that. well done to the mod team for the work on this.

Last edited by broncobullfrog (2006-08-26 21:27:57)

xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6720

Fujin wrote:

All this chatter about this has gotten me very intrigued...downloading now (cripes, some of you guys scared me with that 2, 3, 4 hour or whole day business...only taking me 48 minutes using Shot Your Six's link...thanks dude).  But so I have this straight (a couple of posts got me questioning), is this a mod that uses your current BF2 to piggy back through or is this a stand alone game?  How are the graphics comparitively?  On my older computer I run BF2 on all medium settings to get decent gameplay, will I be able to do better with PoE?

Older comp:

AMD Athlon Xp 2800+
1.5 gig DDR2700
ATI 9600 Pro 256
dude, i downloaded from mygym and it didn't work. There was no extraction file...it was just a 1gig file...thats it. If you can figure out a way to work it tell me in the next....two hours
Fujin
+18|6569
Will do, 10 mins left
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6774|The 70's

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

Fujin wrote:

Older comp:

AMD Athlon Xp 2800+
1.5 gig DDR2700
ATI 9600 Pro 256
dude, i downloaded from mygym and it didn't work. There was no extraction file...it was just a 1gig file...thats it. If you can figure out a way to work it tell me in the next....two hours
Not sure what problem you are having, but its worth solving for sure. I take it that you have downloaded the client zip file (which is about 1.2 Gb). Then right click, extract all. Then run the install.
Sorry if i am stating the obvious, but I am not sure where you are having a problem.

As for the guy asking about the graphics, they are excellent, better than i get in vanilla on the same settings, though I found then 'darker'. But these are first impressions.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6720

broncobullfrog wrote:

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

Fujin wrote:

Older comp:

AMD Athlon Xp 2800+
1.5 gig DDR2700
ATI 9600 Pro 256
Not sure what problem you are having, but its worth solving for sure. I take it that you have downloaded the client zip file (which is about 1.2 Gb). Then right click, extract all. Then run the install.
Sorry if i am stating the obvious, but I am not sure where you are having a problem.

As for the guy asking about the graphics, they are excellent, better than i get in vanilla on the same settings, though I found then 'darker'. But these are first impressions.
no, i don't wth happened. I mean, first i used Firefox for download right? but then someone told me about download accelerator so i used that instead. copie the url and put it there. when it was done it was just a bland file.  Looked like this: https://f10.putfile.com/thumb/8/23721395811.png

As you can see, i tried making it a RAR file...nothing, stayed the same. No extraction options
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6782|San Antonio, Texas
Right click, hit extract...
Fujin
+18|6569
Dude, you got to double click on that RAR file (the one that looks like a stack of books).  That will open the files...you should have a mappack file and an .exe file...double click on the .exe file to extract it.  BEFORE you do that, make sure you have the password saved because when you double click to extract the .exe file, the password window immediately opens up.  Good luck.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6720

Fujin wrote:

Dude, you got to double click on that RAR file (the one that looks like a stack of books).  That will open the files...you should have a mappack file and an .exe file...double click on the .exe file to extract it.  BEFORE you do that, make sure you have the password saved because when you double click to extract the .exe file, the password window immediately opens up.  Good luck.
yeah it extracts but nothing happens

yeah, it extracts....ino matrix combinations

Last edited by xX[Elangbam]Xx (2006-08-26 21:58:26)

broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6774|The 70's

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

Fujin wrote:

yeah it extracts but nothing happens
How long did you wait? I thought it wasnt working, then suddenly after about 4-5 minutes it showed that it was installing. i was the same as you 'WTF, nothings happening!'. It just doesnt show the progress as most programs do, give it a fw minutes.

LOL, every time I try to post a suggestion im too late, you have a new twist on it. sorry.

Last edited by broncobullfrog (2006-08-26 22:03:48)

[619]Nekro
+0|6561
keeps on saying  ..]POEv1.0.0[..]BIGthanksTOeveryoneWHOhasSUPPORTEDus].. is the wrong password for the map pack

why the fuck is a public release PW protected anyways..its retarded

yeah I understand they had problems with a leak and all, but hell now they have released it officially remove the ghey PW.

Last edited by [619]Nekro (2006-08-26 22:24:18)

saber66
+12|6478
ugh....i downloaded at  different place, took me over 2 horus...
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6690|Sydney, Australia
If your too stupid to extract a .zip file and double click a .exe file then you don't deserve to play nor do we want you to play.
Sheep of War
+40|6666
You DOT loving holes. I will speckle you with dots of my love....fuckers.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6560|Search Whore killing fields
I just tried it. POE2 just pissed in the face of EA/Dice.
PRiMACORD
+190|6647|Home of the Escalade Herds
i r the downloading

2hr 19m remaining

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard