Poll

Would you like to play AF and/or EF on the European ranked server?

EF/AFonly on a weekly day!20%20% - 24
EF-only on weekly day!5%5% - 7
AF-only on weekly day!5%5% - 6
EF/AF every second week in exchange with SF!20%20% - 24
No EF at all, because i don't have it!15%15% - 18
No AF at all, because i don't have it!16%16% - 20
No EF at all, because i don't like it!4%4% - 5
No AF at all, because i don't like it!6%6% - 8
I don't care!6%6% - 8
Total: 120
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

bmb|danCer wrote:

Taraba is in as 2nd map, but i think you had to cook
Edit: I have a dream...... well two dreams... nononono three dreams.

1. Taraba in our normal mapcycle
2. Only flight maps once a week
3. the original dream: Great Wall with 64 players
I have a dream to, no wait two dreams.

1. Only flightmaps once a week (those with twoseated bombers, i just love the twoseated bombers, eh ...)
2. Me in the co-pilot seat with Dancer or Neger.
3. Flightmaps for SF (with only twoseated bombers, i just love those ... etc etc )
4. BF3:Airwar - Special twoseated bomber edition
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Hallvard
+262|6521|North Norway

wtf, eu has challenger 1? shouldn't they have gotten the in-development challenger 2 instead? since USMC got a jet that still is in development...
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6713|Germany
If you are talking about the Eurofighter, it's not in development anymore.
First series productions are getting shiped.
The Challenger 2 is in the game.
Hallvard
+262|6521|North Norway

the jet I'm talking about is the USMC carrier jet, forgot it's name, lol...

ah, yes, I thought it said "challenger 1" in the pic, my bad...
Varegg
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

F35 is the carrier Jet    http://wiki.bf2s.com/vehicles/aviator/f-35

Challenger 2 is a tank
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Hallvard
+262|6521|North Norway

Varegg wrote:

Challenger 2 is a tank
I know A British tank that is basically a more advanced version of Challenger 1 and has the same type of aiming device as the M1A2 which makes it extremely accurate because a computer calculates everything... and Challenger 2 is more adapted to the digital battlefield

Last edited by kmjnhb (2006-08-11 09:47:02)

superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6780

Some Observations about Thursday SF/AF/EU Nights

1) Its seems that quite a few of our regulars don't have these installed and miss out on the gaming action.
2) Thursday is one of the best gaming nights (IMO) because you're almost at the weekend but its not friday or saturday where you're likely ot go out.  Also, I got the sense that a bunch of people wanted to play last night but couldn't.  Maybe its coincidence but for me Thursday is a good gaming night.
3) Alternating AF/EU doesn't work cause often times we'll disconnect half the people on the server when we switch between them.
4) Euro Forces is by far the least popular expansion because when we switch from from an AF to EU map we drop ALOT of players.

My Recommendations
1) Switch the Expansion/Booster night from Thursday to Tuesday
2) Drop EU from the lineup and make every other week AF only night.  I think there is enough enthusiasm for AF to keep the server pretty full.  I know we will lose Tabara which is a favorite of some regulars but if we're playing that map with only 20 people online its not so much fun.

Superfly_Rocks
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6839|Cologne, Germany

Since this is supposed to be a server for the community, we should do what is best for the majority of them.
If that means dropping EF, that's fine with me. And I really don't care about the day either.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6755|Hell, p.o box 666

well, good points Superply_box. Just saw it yesterday, I´ve joined in the end of Operation Roadrage and the server was pretty populated with around 40 players. Taraba only got 20! And that wasnt fun at all

I will back up the idea about AF night on tuesday (every week) and only SF on thursday (every week).
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6780

fon|sl4y3r wrote:

I will back up the idea about AF night on tuesday (every week) and only SF on thursday (every week).
Interesting idea but are there enough regulars that have these to warrant two nights a week?  I like AF alot but I like playing with the regulars even more.  In other words I would prefer to play a map I don't like with lots of regulars than to play a favorite map without them.

Regulars: SPEAK UP ABOUT THIS NOW (don't just complain later)
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6749
I disagree with dropping EF out of the AF/EF night. There are only three? maps in the AF booster pack, and after a while i would get bored with playing them all one after another in the same night. Think we need EF in the cycle so that there are more maps to rotate.

I understand though that this will effect the number of people playing on the different maps. As Slayer and Superfly have said, not everyone has AF and EF, so when the map swtiches from an AF map to an EF map, then a lot of players leave the server. Unfortunately this is what is going to happen with these booster packs.

I do agree with switching the night of the EF/AF night. maybe once every two weeks on a monday night. My reason for this is that the weekend is over on a monday night, so people will have had their 'fix' of the vanilla maps, so maybe they will want to have a change.

I am not too sure that having a weekly thursday SF night, along with an either weekly/every other week night of AF/EF is a wise idea. If the server is on SF on thursday, and AF/EF on either mon or tue, then it gives the other regulars (who do not have these expansion packs) less time to play on the server. I think we had the right idea of only having one night per week which we could change to other expansion packs.

theDudes Conclusion:
AF/EF on every second Monday night. SF on every other Monday night.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6713|Germany
It's sad to see people leave because of EF maps coming up.

I love those maps.

As far as i am concerned i could play them over and over again.
But Taraba with only 20 people, hmm, not really playable. Like any other map.
It also seems that more people do own AF.
If the majority agrees, i would also recommend to switch the EF/AF Night to Monday or Tuesday.
But pls NOT WEDNESDAY. You know why.

About leaving EF away, i don't really know. See reasons posted above.
If the majorty agrees, i'll join in.
Slayer
---hates you

well, maybe we should set the maps like: Operation Roadrage, Operation Harves, Midnight sun in a row, followed by Taraba, Wall, Smoke... huh? Trial and error ftw...
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6749
could be a good idea Slayer.
Slayer
---hates you

should we give it a try?! What do you say REGULARS

Input needed here! Otherwise Schussi and little Slayi do whatever they want
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6749
I say Monday night is Booster pack night. Starting next Monday we have SF, then the week after AF/EF, then after that SF, then AF/EF ................

AF/EF rotation should be what slayer suggested.

RoadRage
Harvest
Midnight Sun
Tabara
Great Wall
Smoke Screen

Last edited by theDude5B (2006-08-25 05:29:08)

Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6726|Germany

I like the idea of having all the maps of one pack together...
If you do not own one of the packs you can play (up to) 6 rounds without being forced to disconnect. Much more attractive...
Slayer
---hates you

good points peeps! But I´ll suggest tuesday for boosters/exp. packs... Why? Dunno.
Varegg
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

I like the idea of having all the maps of one pack together...
If you do not own one of the packs you can play (up to) 6 rounds without being forced to disconnect. Much more attractive...
This goes without saying really - spoke with cap-a about just that last night and we agreed that if we are to mix ef/af please keep the maps together.

I would prefer that we split all the boosters up by themselves, so we had a Ef-night, Af-night and Sf-night rotating each monday - this will help the less fortunate with only 1 booster/expansion to play ALL of his dedicated maps that monday. Will also help us to monitor what booster/expansion that is popular or not.

And for a freaking important sidenote - if a chopper/bomber duo is having a great game playing a fav map dont get in the freaking way by cutting in - leave them alone and ask on TS if you can go next map. As for the regulars this should go without saying - i never do it and i expect the same back - common respect for your community members !
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6749|The 70's
Not having EF/AF i wont comment on map rotations for those, but i think its cool for the server to cater for those that enjoy playing them. But moving the night would suit me pretty well, Thursday is to me like the start of the 'gaming weekend' somehow.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6713|Germany

fon|sl4y3r wrote:

well, maybe we should set the maps like: Operation Roadrage, Operation Harves, Midnight sun in a row, followed by Taraba, Wall, Smoke... huh? Trial and error ftw...
Why not, sounds good.
captain-a
63 61 70 74 61 69 6e 2d 61
+141|6626|Germany
Like Varegg said, please keep the maps together. On which day? Well, I don't really care 'cause every night is a gaming night for me
Varegg
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

To sum it all up i suggest the following setup :

Monday: Af and/or Ef
Tuesday: Sf
Wednesday - Sunday: Vanilla

Not sure how many of the regulars that dont have some or either, know Goldman only have Vanilla !
=[S3nf]=
Upside Down Space Cockroach
+150|6788|out of orbit
i`m not planning on reinstalling EF/SF again sorry guys.
i tried 3 times to install SF again,its not working anymore.
i don`t even tried EF...
its just a day the week...no problem for me...

but i like dancers "one day only air maps" idea (of course...)

greets:S3nf
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6780

theDude5B wrote:

I say Monday night is Booster pack night. Starting next Monday we have SF, then the week after AF/EF, then after that SF, then AF/EF ................

AF/EF rotation should be what slayer suggested.

RoadRage
Harvest
Midnight Sun
Tabara
Great Wall
Smoke Screen
i vote for this

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard