The Tick
+1|6471|Bris. Aust.
Seems only yesterday they were on the verge of releasing it.... so?

Whats the G O ???

I Hate delays... 8(
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6781|Cambridge (UK)
lol.

As if.
^AgentHawk
Clear! You're good to go!
+17|6501|"Near Det.", MI
I know people are gonna say it so I want to be the first...SEARCH! :p
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6606|Reisterstown, MD

no
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6595
"only yesterday" was a week ago last tuesday - keep waiting
Hyper
Banned
+154|6766
account servers are totally fucked atm so who knows...
Ether151
Banned
+22|6675
who relay cares are you really looking forward to it.  This patch is going to be a bunch of empty promise again just like most of the others.
uk-anubis-uk
+21|6537
If they mess this patch up then they may well have messed up 2142s future!

2142 is running on the same engine (correct me if im wrong but thats what ive heard) and look BF2 is fucked so how is 2142 gonna be any better if it is just technically just a mod of BF2

So both 2142 and BF2 are basically about the same quality as the Titanic is at this precise moment on the Atlantic floor! If you touch the Titanic it will break if they touch BF2 it will break........more! Thats my theory!
kilgoretrout
+53|6485|Little Rock, AR
well, wall glitching is still a problem in 2142
belevre
+0|6481
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27827&sid=1a848cccd05eb3c8316fce47728bb3be

soon
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6634|Manitowoc, WI

uk-anubis-uk wrote:

2142 is running on the same engine (correct me if im wrong but thats what ive heard) and look BF2 is fucked so how is 2142 gonna be any better if it is just technically just a mod of BF2

So both 2142 and BF2 are basically about the same quality as the Titanic is at this precise moment on the Atlantic floor! If you touch the Titanic it will break if they touch BF2 it will break........more! Thats my theory!

stryyker wrote:

2142 uses the same engine as Battlefield 2, but not the same codes/models/textures. It is a NEW GAME, not a modification.
SargeJp
+87|6765|Canada

Ether151 wrote:

who relay cares are you really looking forward to it.  This patch is going to be a bunch of empty promise again just like most of the others.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6502|Melbourne

BolvisOculus wrote:

uk-anubis-uk wrote:

2142 is running on the same engine (correct me if I'm wrong but thats what Ive heard) and look BF2 is fucked so how is 2142 gonna be any better if it is just technically just a mod of BF2

stryyker wrote:

2142 uses the same engine as Battlefield 2, but not the same codes/models/textures. It is a NEW GAME, not a modification.
And if the problem is with the BF2 engine?, because 2142 is still getting CTD so that means the problem is most likely a fault with the engine.

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-08-24 21:00:41)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Sandi_Fagina
Life is a beach
+6|6806|CT, USA
I think (and this is loosely supported) it should be somewhat soon. Usually the BF2 accounts got messed up before some of the last patches, perhaps this sudden loss of stats in BFHQ for everyone is a signal of an impending release?

edit for spelling.

Last edited by Sandi_Fagina (2006-08-24 21:06:14)

=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6620
5 bucks says that 2142 comes out before 1.4
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6634|Manitowoc, WI

R3v4n wrote:

BolvisOculus wrote:

uk-anubis-uk wrote:

2142 is running on the same engine (correct me if I'm wrong but thats what Ive heard) and look BF2 is fucked so how is 2142 gonna be any better if it is just technically just a mod of BF2

stryyker wrote:

And if the problem is with the BF2 engine?, because 2142 is still getting CTD so that means the problem is most likely a fault with the engine.
No, the problem is with the coding.

Ok, think of it like this.  Many games use the Unreal engine.  But most of these games have different bugs and glitches.  That is becasue each game is coded different even though it uses the same engine.
R3v4n
+433|6502|Melbourne

But if the game is running on the same engine, and there having the same problem i.e. CTD wouldn't that mean that is a engine related error?
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
maestrium
+13|6500|Arizona
The BF2 Engine is great and has absolutely no faults. It is the games' code (as stated above) which creates bugs. BF2142 is entirely recoded and is only using the BF2 engine, none of it's code. There should be no major bugs with 2142 upon release until they start updating things with patches, that is when the problems start.

Edit: R3v4n, it would mean they used the same faulty snippet of code for both games.

Last edited by maestrium (2006-08-24 21:15:59)

BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6634|Manitowoc, WI

R3v4n wrote:

But if the game is running on the same engine, and there having the same problem i.e. CTD wouldn't that mean that is a engine related error?
No, because all the problems and bugs are in the CODING of bf2, not the engine.  As stated, 2142 will have different coding.
R3v4n
+433|6502|Melbourne

maestrium wrote:

Edit: R3v4n, it would mean they used the same faulty snippet of code for both games.
Alrighty now im with you, thanks for the expo boy's
The Tick
+1|6471|Bris. Aust.

^AgentHawk wrote:

Thanks, I’ll try that....... [Insert sarcasm here]

I have searched, and was finding nothing new.
Thus I came to the place were I was hoping for some advanced news from a group of like minded players.

I was looking for something new with the news.... more than, "soon maybe".

I live in hope that 1.4 win cure the cancer eating at BF2...... then again it may be the straw that breaks the camels’ back.
REDARMYMIKE
+7|6521|St. Louis

The Tick wrote:

^AgentHawk wrote:

Thanks, I’ll try that....... [Insert sarcasm here]

I have searched, and was finding nothing new.
Thus I came to the place were I was hoping for some advanced news from a group of like minded players.

I was looking for something new with the news.... more than, "soon maybe".

I live in hope that 1.4 win cure the cancer eating at BF2...... then again it may be the straw that breaks the camels’ back.
nothing wrong with that.

if all the experienced players jump ship maybe i can finally pwn some n00bs and get my GODDAMN BASIC KNIFE BADGE.

/caffiene off.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6844|Grapevine, TX

maestrium wrote:

There should be no major bugs with 2142 upon release ...
Ive heard it all now

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2006-08-24 22:52:14)

R3v4n
+433|6502|Melbourne

It might cure BF2's cancer but then we have to deal with the side effects of the keemo.

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-08-24 22:53:50)

Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6663
some people here seem like press people... if this guy does not tell me anything about it, i call another one in the same company!
wake up! doesnt work

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard