nforce chipset driver ver 6.86
My athlon is a single core 512 cache only and my video is AGP on a Nforce3

I becnhmarked using

(DX7) 3DMark2001SE
(DX8) 3DMARK03
(DX9) 3DMark05
(DX9c) 3DMark06
(openGL) GLExcess

all of these can be downloaded from guru3d.com, mine are full verisions in which all test were selected using their defualt rez setting, my drivers are configured as they would be when actually playing. I could have tweaked the drivers for high performance but they are at high quality as I use them in normal operation.

Now I will not post any of my results until someone else is ready to post one of all of the above benchmark scores first cause talk is cheap and so far nobody else has post their stats or scores or even responded to my inquiry 3 posts up from this one, so come guys I've seen serval posts above all but say I am full of shit, now it is time to back up your shit and lets see what you got and you will see if I am the morron or the man won't we?

Oh PS I paid $100 for my mobo and my athlon 64 3400+ together, and $9.50 for the heatsink just 2 weeks ago the rest of my hardware was what had running on my xp 2800+/Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo.

Last edited by CronicjoeBlunt (2006-08-24 18:10:40)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

Now I will not post any of my results until someone else is ready to post one of all of the above benchmark scores first cause talk is cheap and so far nobody else has post their stats or scores or even responded to my inquiry 3 posts up from this one, so come guys I've seen serval posts above all but say I am full of shit, now it is time to back up your shit and lets see what you got and you will see if I am the morron or the man won't we?
No one else is claiming that the entire tech industry is wrong.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

Is Core 2 Duo the same as Dual Core? I'm guessing yes. Cause I'm getting a dual core processor in my new computer.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Game Over? Core 2 Duo Knocks Out Athlon 64, Tom’s Hardware
“Core 2 Duo Is the new king”
“So fasten your seatbelts, because Core 2 Duo is the new high-flyer.”
“Core 2 Duo shall become the undisputed leader in performance and performance per Watt”
“As soon as Core 2 Duo hits the market, it will outperform the complete Athlon 64 family (X2 and FX) in all areas, including gaming, where AMD has traditionally been very strong”

Intel's Core 2 Extreme & Core 2 Duo: The Empire Strikes Back, Anandtech “Today is the real deal. We've all been waiting for this day, the day Intel lifts the last remaining curtain on the chip that is designed to re-take the performance crown from AMD, to return Intel to its days of glory.”
“You're instead looking at the most impressive piece of silicon the world has ever seen, at the fastest desktop processor we've ever tested. What you're looking at is Conroe and today is its birthday.”
“Intel's Core 2 Extreme X6800 didn't lose a single benchmark in our comparison, not a single one.”
“Compared to AMD's Athlon 64 the situation gets a lot more competitive, but AMD still doesn't stand a chance.”
“Intel's Core 2 processors will give you a very good reason to upgrade this year.”

First "Conroe" Core 2 PC Delivers Amazing Benchmark Results, PC Magazine Online
“The Falcon Northwest Mach V runs Intel's long-awaited Core 2 processor (formerly known as Conroe). It's the new desktop performance champ, and the one others will be chasing around the track for quite a while.”
“Jaw-dropping speed. Quieter than some of the competition.”

The Core 2: Intel Goes for the Jugular, Extremetech
“For the near term, Core 2 looks like the must-have CPU for enthusiast and mainstream user alike."
“Core 2 looks like a winner, and will likely be the shiny new bauble that performance enthusiasts love to have dangled in front of them. We're certainly impressed with what we've seen—high performance and low power utilization”

Intel's New Core 2 Duo Processors Run Blazingly Fast in PC World Tests, PC World
“Exclusive PC World tests show that PCs equipped with Intel's new Core 2 Duo processors, formerly code-named Conroe, set new high marks for desktop performance--they're the fastest we've seen by far.”
“Both of the Intel setups bested the AMD-based system on every test in our WorldBench 5 suite as well as on every one of our gaming tests”
“Intel has produced a winner with its Core Duo 2 design; and for the first time in years, the company holds a clear performance advantage over its longtime rival, AMD.”

Intel’s AMD Killer-Core 2 Duo, GD Hardware
“But this is where their (AMD’s) little parade comes to a screeching halt – why? Because in the most simplistic of terms, Conroe (dubbed Core 2 Duo) kicks the Athlon64 right in the balls and doesn’t look back.”
“Make no mistake about it, they have unleashed a series of new processors that are going to make AMD’s life really uncomfortable for the foreseeable future.”
“AM2 should be called AMwho? A band-aid fix at best, AMD’s current crop of CPUs simply can’t compete with Core 2 Duo when you consider they’re priced about the same.”
“Kudos to Intel for getting it right and not just baby-stepping us into the next realm of performance but really handing AMD its *** on a silver platter. We’re performance nuts around here and appreciate the school-of-hard-knocks Intel has gone through with P4. It’s nice to see AMD eat some crow for awhile.”

Intel Core 2 Duo & Extreme Processors and Chipsets, Hothardware.com
“In every benchmark we ran, both of the Core 2 processors we tested outperformed the Athlon 64 FX-62 and Athlon 64 5000+”
“Intel's Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme are almost here, and they seem to be everything Intel promised and then some.”
“Make no mistake, the Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme are very real, and their performance is undeniable.”

Intel's Core 2 Duo and Extreme processors, Techreport.com
“After many hours of testing, we're pleased to report that the Core 2 chips live up to the hype. Intel has recovered its stride, returned to its winning ways, gotten its groove back, and put the izzle back in its shizzle”
“After years of wandering in the wilderness, Intel has recaptured the desktop CPU performance title in dramatic fashion.”
“…the big story here is that Intel has replaced its troubled Netburst microarchitecture with a world-beater. The Core microarchitecture and the chips based on it are a huge improvement, and a fitting end to the era of the Pentium”

Intel Core 2 Music, Images, & Movie Performance, HardOCP
“Intel is back in the ring and a certain contender when it comes to high-powered desktop computing. I have not found any negative aspects to Core 2 at all. If you are buying a new computer system or doing a major upgrade, Intel Core 2 Duo or Extreme should be at the top of your list.”
“There is no doubt that when it comes to editing video, manipulating images, or encoding music, the Intel Core 2 Duo and Extreme processors at 2.66GHz and above currently enjoy a healthy performance advantage over AMD’s Athlon FX and Athlon 64 line of processors. Moreover, I would be remiss if I did not mention the Core 2 Duo and Extreme also do a great job of making the Pentium 4 look like a dinosaur.”

Awesome: Intel's Core 2 Duo chips, CNET

AMD chips hammered by Intel Conroe, The Inquirer

Intel Unleashes Conroe: X6800 and E6700 Reviewed, Legit Reviews
“Let Me Introduce The New King Of The Hill: Conroe”
” Intel has hit a home run with their lastest core and has them ramped up and ready to roll out the door.*“
“*It is because of this*and the fact that Intel has taken the*performance lead back from AMD that we*gladly award the*Intel Conroe"*processor the Legit Reviews Editor's Choice!”

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 & Core 2 Duo E6700 Processor Review, Sharky Extreme
“The launch of the Core 2 processor line has hit the market with a bang, and offers up an incredible combination of performance and value, coupled with low heat and power specifications. These processors are so good, that it's difficult to highlight any real negatives. The Core 2 Extreme and Duo processors offer record-breaking performance, industry leading power specs, and are priced so that virtually anyone can afford one. It has been a long time since we have seen a processor walk over the competition like this, and we should all thank AMD for bringing out the very best from Intel, as well as proving that competition does indeed work.”

Core 2 Duo is Here! Gamespot
“Intel's new Core 2 processors deliver the performance gains we expect from a new technology release. The Core 2 is especially noteworthy because it's the first Intel processor release that actually outperforms AMD's powerful Athlon 64 line.”
“the $530 Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 also beat our overclocked Athlon 64 FX-60 in every single game test with processor-focused settings. PC game enthusiasts can proudly display their Intel Inside case badges once again (as long as they say "Core 2" on them).”
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ryan

ryan_14 wrote:

Is Core 2 Duo the same as Dual Core? I'm guessing yes. Cause I'm getting a dual core processor in my new computer.
Is it?
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6709|Omaha, Nebraska

ryan_14 wrote:

ryan_14 wrote:

Is it?
Yes
CommieChipmunk
+488|6540|Portland, OR, USA

splixx wrote:

ryan_14 wrote:

ryan_14 wrote:

Is it?
Yes
sorry if i'm misunderstanding but no, its not.  I have a dual core amd processor, and it's not a core 2 duo (intel) processor, but core 2 duo is dual core...
dstock9
+13|6574

splixx wrote:

ryan_14 wrote:

ryan_14 wrote:

Is it?
Yes
No. Core 2 Duo is dual-core, but dual core does not mean it's Core 2 Duo.

A square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not necessarily a square. There are numerous other dual core processors, that aren't Core 2 Duo. If you need details, I'll gladly post some, after I finish building my C2D rig in a few hours.
Ryan

Thanks. And with a dual core processor, you can shut on core off while playing BF2 for petter performance correct?

Sorry for having no patience with the question I asked, I'm in a hurry lol.

EDIT: Ahh, well this is getting me confused. All I want is to be able to play BF2 with awesome settings and 0 lag. Dual core with cut it right? I don't NEED Core 2 Duo.

Last edited by ryan_14 (2006-08-24 18:46:27)

CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal
quite alot of reading there but I am confused as to why all those on the "core 2" band wagon had all that to say and nothing posted on an actual score, I was excited thinking I was gonna get to be blown away like I've been hearing and instead got blown off...............hmmmm
dstock9
+13|6574

ryan_14 wrote:

Thanks. And with a dual core processor, you can shut on core off while playing BF2 for petter performance correct?

EDIT: Ahh, well this is getting me confused. All I want is to be able to play BF2 with awesome settings and 0 lag. Dual core with cut it right? I don't NEED Core 2 Duo.
You want the other core to run all your background stuff, so you can dedicate one core for the game. You still need 2GB of ram and a good video card for awesome settings, and nothing can help lag if you're, say, running dial-up >.<
Ryan

No, I'm, getting a 7900 and 2GBs of RAM, and I run DSL/Cable internet, no more dial-up for me
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal

ryan_14 wrote:

yes that is what they are saying.
What I am asking is if dual core 2 is sooo bad ass then how come they have to be able to turn off one in order to get better performance in BF2? I know I seen up there in one of the posts that I should do some reading, and how they did not have to share the bus and, well you get it
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal

dstock9 wrote:

ryan_14 wrote:

You want the other core to run all your background stuff, so you can dedicate one core for the game. You still need 2GB of ram and a good video card for awesome settings, and nothing can help lag if you're, say, running dial-up >.<
umm, background stuff???? exactly just how many process are running in your "background"? More importantly, why do you have so much you need to give it a whole core just to manage it? I got 12 total and that is it unless I end task on explorer then its 11 befroe loading bf2
Ryan

Yeah, I have to turn off all processes before playing any game, lowering my RAM usages to like 300MB or so.
dstock9
+13|6574

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

dstock9 wrote:

ryan_14 wrote:

umm, background stuff???? exactly just how many process are running in your "background"? More importantly, why do you have so much you need to give it a whole core just to manage it? I got 12 total and that is it unless I end task on explorer then its 11 befroe loading bf2
People run things like Vent/TS, xfire, other background crap on the second core. Disabling a core is crippling your computer, unless your just benchmarking.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6689|Las Vegas

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

quite alot of reading there but I am confused as to why all those on the "core 2" band wagon had all that to say and nothing posted on an actual score, I was excited thinking I was gonna get to be blown away like I've been hearing and instead got blown off...............hmmmm
What? You have to hear it from someone here?  Are you not capable of interpreting any of the HUNDREDS of articles posted by reputable tech sites about the Conroes? 

Why don't you do your own research instead of expecting everyone in this thread to prove it to you?  The information is out there for anyone to see (though when faced with the evidence, many just choose to bury their head in the sand and insist it isnt so).  The experts have all posted plenty of evidence from their tests supporting core 2 duos dominance. 

Yeah it sucks.  My $1000 FX60 just got creamed by a $300 Conroe.  I love AMD and I would be happier if they were still king.  Unfortunately they are not. Deal with it.
razz
+7|6652|Australia
This thread makes me rofl hard.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

ShotYourSix wrote:

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

What? You have to hear it from someone here?  Are you not capable of interpreting any of the HUNDREDS of articles posted by reputable tech sites about the Conroes? 

Why don't you do your own research instead of expecting everyone in this thread to prove it to you?  The information is out there for anyone to see (though when faced with the evidence, many just choose to bury their head in the sand and insist it isnt so).  The experts have all posted plenty of evidence from their tests supporting core 2 duos dominance. 

Yeah it sucks.  My $1000 FX60 just got creamed by a $300 Conroe.  I love AMD and I would be happier if they were still king.  Unfortunately they are not. Deal with it.
I guess we need to spell it out for him Man. It's not like I am pro-intel, I am pro-top of the market.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1 … 942,00.asp
https://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/13/0,1425,sz=1&amp;i=134853,00.gif

https://images.anandtech.com/graphs/intel%20conroe%20idf%20preview_03070620313/11083.png
https://images.anandtech.com/graphs/intel%20conroe%20idf%20preview_03070620313/11085.png

https://images.anandtech.com/graphs/intel%20conroe%20idf%20preview_03070620313/11086.png

https://images.anandtech.com/graphs/intel%20conroe%20idf%20preview_03070620313/11089.png

https://images.anandtech.com/graphs/intel%20conroe%20idf%20preview_03070620313/11088.png

https://images.anandtech.com/graphs/intel%20conroe%20idf%20preview_03070620313/11090.png

https://images.anandtech.com/graphs/intel%20conroe%20idf%20preview_03070620313/11091.png

https://images.anandtech.com/graphs/intel%20conroe%20idf%20preview_03070620313/11092.png

Had enough yet?

Need a video .. ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whhhGud47TI

Anything else ?

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-08-24 21:41:06)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
hahah^
razz
+7|6652|Australia
rofl
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

lol.. it's like how much more can I post.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
basetballjones
+30|6718
I upgraded from a P4 3.6HT to a D830 3.0

Of course, there is a gain in performance, it's a good processor, with better threading than my old prescott even if there is a loss to the clock.
But the only time I notice  a real performance increase to BF2 is when i am using other programs like Bf2cc,vent, and fraps.. which is exactly what the dual core is for.  My old 3.0 worked ok, but would stress a little and get warm when i was recording and taking screenshots at 1 per second.  The dual core doesn't even feel it.

I am impressed even with my early dual core model, it has proven itself time and again to be a real trooper.
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6523|SoCal

ShotYourSix wrote:

CronicjoeBlunt wrote:

quite allot of reading there but I am confused as to why all those on the "core 2" band wagon had all that to say and nothing posted on an actual score, I was excited thinking I was gonna get to be blown away like I've been hearing and instead got blown off...............hmmmm

Why don't you do your own research instead of expecting everyone in this thread to prove it to you?  The information is out there for anyone to see (though when faced with the evidence, many just choose to bury their head in the sand and insist it isn't so).  The experts have all posted plenty of evidence from their tests supporting core 2 duos dominance. 

Let me just be flat as blunt here, Fuck you the fucking people who did those articles and everybody else before I will believe a damn thing just because I read it. I can take whatever you have in front of you with me and return it to you the next day and you will swear to god I had to have change out parts because it never ran that good, ever. Those same experts also tell you that you must run the updates from windows and would tell you that it is critical to install SP2 and run a anti-virus, anti-spyware, a firewall and on and on and I can 100% guarantee that if you all scanned your shit half would have some spyware or adware or other problem.

Then there is me, who has NO ANTI-VIRUS, none will not use a firewall use spybot s&d to fix the PC's I get from dumb asses like you to fix for them and don't even allow it to load into active memory, use IE and intentionally goto know harmful sites just cause I can and they can't touch me. Windows update, heh I SEtup my os from the CD w/sp1 on it and do the activation so it will go away and told the people who make Autoassault when they told me I had to install SP2 in order to work to refund my money before I will put that shit in my system.

Guess what I have nothing, zero, nada, spyware, adware, spam, popups, highjackers, viruses, trojans, get ZERO email from anyone or anywhere that I do not know, how many junk email you get just today?

oh my scores from my lil system, 3dmark 2001SE 22666 --- 03 14025 --- 05 6607 ---- 06 3483 --- GL Excess 19679, from a nforce3, agp based SINGLE core CPU AMD machine. I bet you guys actually think Hummers are more than a big pile of shit with a bigger price tag too.

You run your fucking mouth about how I don't know shit and the only thing you got is something that someone else told you as your proof I'm wrong, you fucking pussies won't even post a benchmark score or tell me how many process are running on your shit. While I am tell you not what some web site told me what I know by my own work and experience, you ever worked on an RS6000 or a Silicon Graphics or how about an IBM700 server........how about why your system would gain 45% increase in pagefile performance if you had 2 hard drives.

I foolishly thought that maybe some of you would be open minded enough to see that there is something to what I am telling you and in turn share a way of approaching the problems facing the pc's today from the Internet and everything else THAT NOBODY EVEN THINKS OF and not one person stopped and said tell what you mean before telling me I am living in a cave and attack me at every post.

there is 2 vital parts to a computer, one is the hardware and the other is the Software I make my hardware bend to my will and xp is my bitch. I have over 10,000 total configs I have done form B of A, disneyland all the way to Lockeed Skunkworks ALL work on and use PCs that I configed and then were shipped to them have been involved in computers since I was 13 yrs old and the internet was nothing more than BBS boards.

Well you want to be sheep and cattle fine, MOOVE your ass on down and keep thinking you know what is up, that will save you from facing the fact you're clueless and the disappointment you'd suffer in learning the truth.  Look around on BF2S.com and I don't see reference to what someone else told them about a gun or badge, I see what they themselves found out by doing the research so they know that it is what it is. I told you all twice about things coming up soon that the sites you quoted do not have anything anywhere  about it cause they have not been given any access to yet did one person notice or ask what? NOPE, mentioned 3d glasses cause I knew anyone who ever seen it just once would be saying "oh my god that shit is......" and you dumb ass wannabe know it all mother fuckers don't even know enough to wonder wtf are 3d glasses. mt 12 yr old kid knows more than all you idiots combined.

TO BF2S.COM Admins I apologize for my tone and language in this post to you guys and you guys only because I respect your ability to hold your tongue when dealing with these people daily, you are a far strong person than I am. I promise you this I will not ever even bother to look hear ever again. When this post hits don't bother to reply cause I will not ever see it so don't want you straining anything. THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME WHY I HATE FORUMS LIKE I HATE CRACK HOES, though your combined efforts you have ensured that it will be a long time before I come back to get another reminder of just how it was that Bush become our president.

Good luck in wonderland alice

PS shotyoursix your a fuckface, you tell me "What? You have to hear it from someone here?  Are you not capable of interpreting any of the HUNDREDS of articles posted by reputable tech sites about the Conroes? "

and follow it with "Why don't you do your own research instead of expecting everyone in this thread to prove it to you?  The information is out there for anyone to see (though when faced with the evidence, many just choose to bury their head in the sand and insist it isnt so).  The experts have all posted plenty of evidence from their tests supporting core 2 duos dominance. " you are a fucking paroit, who mouths what others tell you to say, telling me what? do I have to have you tell me and to reserch it myself. which to you consist of repeating what someone tells you and nothing else. So here it is for you, I wanted someone anyone to post something they themselves tested, NOT what they read someone tested, to provide just a little data to show the shit spewing from your mouth was actually more than just that, shit and NOBODY did end of the fucking story BITCH
WTF-FUBAR
+1|6425
Um, not sure but I think he is pissed, and it does not seem he cares much for shotyoursix

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard