MaKaToM
+6|6526
I have managed to install BF2, SF AND EVEN the 1.3 patch and had the game working.

Halfway through a round though, i Crashed To Desktop.

Now, the game crashes to desktop every time i start BF2

I have SEARCHED for this problem that i am having, but every CTD topic is either about the 'Join Game' CTD ot the 'halfway through loading CTD'.

When i open BF2 it CTD after about 30 seconds every time.

I could be on the intro movies, connecting to account server, looking at servers, joining a server....but it crashes at about the same time (not point) every time.

Has anyone had this?

MaK
wws4029
+5|6500|WALES UK
I had a similar issue but was something to do with xfire. Other than that try re installing.
topthrill05
+125|6590|Rochester NY USA
Where the fuck is 1.4?
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6540|Belgium

try to disable the movies by adding +restart to your shortcut, so the path says something like:
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart
Try it and who knows, if so, it was the movies.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6662|Washington DC

MaKaToM wrote:

I have managed to install BF2, SF AND EVEN the 1.3 patch and had the game working.

Halfway through a round though, i Crashed To Desktop.

Now, the game crashes to desktop every time i start BF2

I have SEARCHED for this problem that i am having, but every CTD topic is either about the 'Join Game' CTD ot the 'halfway through loading CTD'.

When i open BF2 it CTD after about 30 seconds every time.

I could be on the intro movies, connecting to account server, looking at servers, joining a server....but it crashes at about the same time (not point) every time.

Has anyone had this?

MaK
Given the multiple threads you have recently started, you seem to be having a lot of problems here, Makatom ... and they appear to all be with corrupted files on your hard disk.   To do detailed diagnosis, you would need to start up BF2 in windowed mode so that we can see the error, but my guess is that it would be another corrupted file.

So, I'm assuming at this point that you have bad sectors on your disk. 

(1)  Have you checked your disk for errors?  Perhaps you have some bad disk areas or a failing hard disk ...
(2)  Have you updated your virus software (and is it quality software), perhaps a malicious program is corrupting files on your hard disk ...
(3)  Is your BF2 disk dirty?  Funny, some people have had CTDs simply because they improperly handled their BF2 disks and have smeared half their lunch on the information side of the disk ...

Last edited by OrangeHound (2006-08-24 05:57:22)

Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6640|Warlord
Sounds like it's possible it's the movies; you can also disable them by moving them into a subdirectory, or simply delete them. If the game still crashes you know it's not the movies. If so then you know what to do: reinstall from scratch!

topthrill05 wrote:

Where the fuck is 1.4?
Good bloody question! Like they identified a last-minute stability issue, we get that... although how it had gone 'undetected' during three months of beta testing and however long they were testing it in-house before then (five minutes sound about right?) is another good question. How much you want to bet that in fixing this they'll recreate the red-tag bug, or they'll cause a server instability or make a whole new bug?
MaKaToM
+6|6526
Hey guys...i have managed to get it working again.

I swapped my RAM from using 2GB in slots 2 and 4 to running Dual Channel in slots 1 and 2

Works a treat now.

I have never, ever had a problem with my ram like this before and am a first sergeant! But, thats BF2 for ya

THANKYOU ALL!

+1 all round!

MaK

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard