stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6736|California

Viper007Bond wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

New players aren't gonna stand a chance.....
The first unlock is at like 10 points (not really, but close). People will rank up quick, so I don't think it's a big deal.
not when everyone on my buddylist is going to be on the top 40. oh yes, there will be blood.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6859|Bryan/College Station, TX
I'm pretty sure if the unlocks are at least somewhat balanced then the skill of the player will prove that you don't need every unlock to be good at the game. I know quite a few people who play with the standard weapons in BF2 and do just fine if not better than most people using their unlocks.

Skill in the game and really knowing the limits and strengths of any weapon will outclass simply having unlocks. It does in BF2 and it will in BF2142. Anyone who says the blanket statement that the G36C or the G36E or the MG36 or whatever will make you some kind of God on the battlefield obviously believes that unlocks somehow make you better. The truth is in the pudding. As a Medic on the MEC side I prefer the AK over the G36 and I do rather well with it. Anyone can get good with any weapon. It just takes practice.

That goes for any of the unlocks or special abilities in BF2142 also. The Support Shield may suck to some people but other might find it very useful. Shock paddles may be an unlock but if you choose it then you will be a valuable asset to your squad. It comes down to teamwork and what you feel you can contribute to the game. So don't listen to anyone else. Try what you want and excel at those weapons. Become the best at what you want and find your nitch. After all that's what BF2142 is about. Being the best at what you do.

Expect to see me on with AT specs all the way with Spec Ops or Engineer or Medic as secondaries. I shall become the bane of vehicles and mechs. That's my nitch.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-08-23 00:08:15)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6542|Singapore
maybe they are gonna introduce some special servers....

e.g.
rank 1-10 = server 1
rank 11-20 = server 2

etc.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6857|Cologne, Germany

I agree with kilroy that it is all about skill and teamplay, not equipment. I believe EA has put in some of the new features to specifially promote teamplay and cater to the needs of squad players. Just as with BF2, the unlocks won't provide you with the uber-leet godmode, but will rather give you more options to choose from. But I think EA has made it clear that even with the new unlocks, the guy who aims better will still win a firefight, even if he hasn't the most decked-out unlocks available.

I think it's a good idea to make bascially every piece of equipment an unlock in 2142. This would include defibs and even frag grenades. I believe it will make people think more about what their specific role on the battlefield is and it will promote teamplay. And I like the idea of extended customization anyway.

The thing with the temporary unlock as a reward for good teamplay/squad work is also good, I believe. It allows you to have a sneak peak at the next possible unlock and see if it's any good. It might help reduce the number of "HELP !! What unlock should I choose next ?!" threads that came up in huge numbers on the forums as people ranked up.

In all, I think the new unlock system should prove to be quite exciting.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6776
Expect to see me on with AT specs all the way with Spec Ops or Engineer or Medic as secondaries. I shall become the bane of vehicles and mechs. That's my nitch. smile
Hell yeah. Killing tanks is just so much more of a challenge than infantry. And we finally get an rpg equivalent in normal play! go H-AVR!

By the way, is anyone gonna actually unlock grenades? It doesnt seem worth it for just 2.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6821|Portland, OR, USA

Oh trust me, it is. Especially when you're on the Titan and someone has laid down an ammo box (which they almost always do).
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6857|Cologne, Germany

yeah.
looks like the concept of mixed gameplay ( outdoor fighting in vehicles and CQC on the titans ) should prove to be a blast

And I wouldn't want to engage in CQC without grens
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6776

Viper007Bond wrote:

Oh trust me, it is. Especially when you're on the Titan and someone has laid down an ammo box (which they almost always do).
Doesnt the defending team just lay down a load of ammos, healths and shields... and grenade you like crazy.

In fact, with APMs as well you could block off access completely.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6821|Portland, OR, USA

Talon wrote:

Viper007Bond wrote:

Doesnt the defending team just lay down a load of ammos, healths and shields... and grenade you like crazy.

In fact, with APMs as well you could block off access completely.
Yes, it is somewhat easy to defend, but you can win other ways.

And the APM things aren't that strong.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Frytrixa
+10|6642|Germany
Man... after 3 hours of gameplay you have your standard settings like the ShockPaddles, the C4, the Grenades and such - 500 Points = 6 Unlocks   -  easy going...
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6688|Colorado
They should reset all the players testing it now when it comes out lol.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6584
I would rather like to know how it'll work on unranked servers and therefore in clanmatches.
Simon
basically
+838|6674|UK

majorassult wrote:

EA said that the unlocks are just more choices....not more powerful.
Ea says alot of things mate...
starman7
+15|6740
JdeFalconr, I want to address one thing.  I do believe that you can only have one temporary unlock at a time, it won't take that long, etc.  That means that after playing 10-15 minutes, you get to sample the unlocks from a rank ahead.  It also will promote teamplay, as it seems that meter will go up a lot with team points, and if you're just one rank from getting the defib...
F_O_Assault
+19|6475|Greenwood, SC
There will always be the, "I am leeter than you because I dont use unlocks..." people, so it will come down to skill, like it always has.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard