Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
the recon's camouflage device absolutely rules. People can barely see you at all, certainly not if they don't know you're there. the camo does run out of charge in the end but it recharges quickly. You can sneak up on people so easily. Just stay down a little bit and you can walk straight up to an enemy tank, plant some C4, and run. of course camo makes knifing really easy, but it's great fun. You can also walk right past the enemies in the corridors of the titan to blow up the consoles without trouble.

the only problem are the guns, untill you unlock the carbine (fourth unlock) you're stuck with a sniper rifle so sneaky knife kills are a must. Capping silo's is easy, no one will stop you on the way there and if you plant some C4 on any entrances to a silo you can quickly switch from camo to the detonator and blow up anyone that approaches. The carbine itself is great though, I love it. Very accurate.

You can switch from camo to a gun pretty quickly, so don't be surprised if a soldier appears out of thin air in front of you and shoots you down before you can even aim at him. It's hilarious to watch people get a fright and twitch resulting in them aiming at some random place making the kill even easier

all in all the camouflage is a great tool and it's one of the few things I'm really happy about in BF2142.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

awe.... secrets
mgjunner
Banned
+11|6504
you will get it nerfed before the game even comes out with talk like that
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6501
Reminds me of Dystopia mod for source I used to use the Light Class just for the camo and just knife everyone.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6633|under there hayousaidunderwear
Sounds good the only problem is I am going to be assault.....damn you snipers!!!!
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
well, is it so much of a problem it will ruin gameplay?  I mean, it's a cool idea, but if it really is THAT easy to just hit the switch and go kill 10 people without even realizing you're their, than it will A. get nerfed or B. ruin the game

The entire point of titan gameplay is that you have to fight your way in in the first place.  It will honestly suck tons worse if you can just walk in and blow it up. 

I hope they nerf it, by the way you're making it sound

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-08-22 17:32:28)

specxops
Banned
+18|6620|Boca Raton,Florida
hes right
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6800|Denver colorado
im sure you can see it well. after all there is a shadow under them. and THEY SHOULD KEEP IT!!
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6649|In You Endo- Stoke
So i assume it turns off when you attack someone?

Either way Rocket in the face should do the trick lol, ok maybe..
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6800|Denver colorado

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

So i assume it turns off when you attack someone?

Either way Rocket in the face should do the trick lol, ok maybe..
you cant

run

shoot

change weapons

all its used for is stealth. its not going to be whorage me thinks. I probably will be in assult at first so i cant wait to see.

btw, do any of you know if you can use unlocks on SP in 2142? cause if you cant that would suck
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6457|Melbourne

Snipers best freind  i liked the ghilie suit in BF2 do they have some form of Ghilie suit to or is this the only camo a sniper gets which is an unlock to i think.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6544
I really don't want it to be nerfed and, as it is, I don't think it'll ruin gameplay.

There are a lot of drawbacks to camo. While using it:

-When sprinting you become slighty more visible

-You can't shoot

-It makes a noise

-You're not 100% invisible

-You can't change weapons

And it's only usable for a short amount of tme before it has to recharge.

Last edited by M_Harrower (2006-08-22 18:30:22)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

you can sprint while using it, you just lose a little visibility

what i do is equip it before going into a pod, then right when i hit the ground i pop it on, and you literally vanish
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6544
My bad.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

M_Harrower wrote:

My bad.
zes no problem, without sprint, i never would have gotten [image of me knifing chuy in the head] delicious decoration

Last edited by stryyker (2006-08-22 18:36:45)

Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6550|England

Spearhead wrote:

well, is it so much of a problem it will ruin gameplay?  I mean, it's a cool idea, but if it really is THAT easy to just hit the switch and go kill 10 people without even realizing you're their, than it will A. get nerfed or B. ruin the game

The entire point of titan gameplay is that you have to fight your way in in the first place.  It will honestly suck tons worse if you can just walk in and blow it up. 

Omg its not even out and we get people asking for things to be nerfed already sweet jesus give it a rest its only beta at moment .
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6682
hi buddy

you are totally breaking the NDA so prepare to get banned as soon as they find out

lol?
CaptainKris
+54|6446|Safety Harbor, Florida
But you have to change weapons before you blow up the tank or knife the other sniper noob. And I believe that disengages the active camo. Therefore, getting there will be easy, blowing the damn tank would be hard. (Knifing the other sniper noob should be easy!!!)

Captain "Anti-Active-Camo-Expert" Kris

Last edited by CaptainKris (2006-08-22 18:33:54)

BobSacamento
+5|6583
It shouldn't be nerfed at all....If I remember correctly, commanders and maybe a few others(squad leaders with recon drones) can detect soldiers with the optical camouflage
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

washow wrote:

hi buddy

you are totally breaking the NDA so prepare to get banned as soon as they find out

lol?
as if care
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

Knight`UK wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Omg its not even out and we get people asking for things to be nerfed already sweet jesus give it a rest its only beta at moment .
knowing the nature of online gaming, it's not a very wise thing to add INVISIBILITY.  He just said all you have to do is walk into the enemy titan and blow it up, so ya kthxbye
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

well, active camo on Recon makes proper squad play even more important. If you are infantry, always run around with a squad, so the SL can spot the enemy Recon ( via the drone ) or the Assault guy can revive you if you are knifed from behind. I figure that Lone Wolfes will have a hard time in 2142, if they aren't playing Recon themselves.

My guess is people will have to learn to pay better attention to what is happening around them and - more importantly - will have to learn to organize their defense of the Titan and the Silos in a more sophisticated way.
And I think that fits perfectly into the teamplay-orientated approach EA seems to take with some of the new features in 2142.

Learn - Adapt - Overcome.
Diogenese
Philosopher King
+16|6565|New York State, USA

mgjunner wrote:

you will get it nerfed before the game even comes out with talk like that
BOOYAH!
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6686
I bet that EA will eventully add in a delay of some sort from how long it takes for you to switch weapons from your active camo....kind of like the delay they put in bf2 between the prone and jump (I think that's where it is, somewher involving positioning). It seems like an easy tweak.....
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
i reckon it should be nerfed after all this talk of it.

maybe not use it while capping a CP?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard