Poll

Is Bush an Idiot?

Yes69%69% - 377
No30%30% - 166
Total: 543
comet241
+164|6775|Normal, IL
nervous in public is different than nervous while launching nukes. It still doesn't make him dumb. I have failed to see anybody's proof or evidence that he is dumb other than he isn't the greatest orator to ever grace this fine planet.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6706|NJ
Well in 1991 Russia the other one of the worlds superpowers collapse, President Clinton was elected into office in 1992. So before Clinton we where a contenatal superpower, after we became the global superpower..

Well he used deplomacy to build up support before actions and he's actions in war were tactical attacks not bankrupt the country chasing brown people war..
Erkut.hv
+124|6745|California

sergeriver wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

comet241 wrote:

i think he's a crap public speaker, but he is far from being an idiot. I voted for him, twice, and I can't speak in public, so why should I hold it against that guy????
Because communicating with the public is a key part of the job of any world leader, especially for the President of the world's sole superpower.

Because so often it's not only what you say but the way you say it, and the way our president says it seems to be uniting the world against us.

Because a President who is a poor public speaker is not doing his job properly.

Because our own personal abilities shouldn't matter. We don't excuse lifeguards if they can't swim just because we can't. We don't shrug our shoulders when our favorite football team's quarterback can't throw a pass. People are accountable for the jobs they are paid to do.
I agree.
Unless you're a minority. Then you can sue if you get fired. Or, you can sue if you don't get hired.

On topic: If he's an idiot, how did he mastermind 9/11?

My answer: He's an idiot. But... I'd rather have an idiot running the country, than some self-serving power hungry big chinned french looking wanna be war hero. At least we know what the idiot is all about.
cpt.fass1
+329|6706|NJ

comet241 wrote:

nervous in public is different than nervous while launching nukes. It still doesn't make him dumb. I have failed to see anybody's proof or evidence that he is dumb other than he isn't the greatest orator to ever grace this fine planet.
Decider? ackward backrub? Fell off one of those scooter things that are next to impossable to fall off of?

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2006-08-22 11:06:21)

Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6740|Beerville, USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Well he used deplomacy to build up support before actions and he's actions in war were tactical attacks.
Sure, he always did the political ass kissing routine and got permission but Clinton was also famous for pulling troops out of conflicts at the first sign of trouble or when we got our noses bloodied.  His actions during those times, like Somolia, were and still are contributing factors as to the way other countries see us.  He basically gave people a reason to believe that the US was weak and would run if the enemy could get in one good punch...   So I have to commend Bush for proving to those countries through this conflict that we are willing to stick it out and go toe to toe with them.

Edit: and BTW the first 4 glory years for Clinton were a direct result from the actions of Regan and the things he had in the works prior to Bill ever taking office (and that can be said for any president elect).  The last four years Clinton was president he didn't do anything siginifcant other than reduce our military forces and cut their annual budgets resulting in poorly trained and poorly equipped troops which effects were felt all the way through the beginning of the this war.

Last edited by Husker~ifh~ (2006-08-22 11:13:17)

M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6741|Peoria, Illinois

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Well in 1991 Russia the other one of the worlds superpowers collapse, President Clinton was elected into office in 1992. So before Clinton we where a contenatal superpower, after we became the global superpower..

Well he used deplomacy to build up support before actions and he's actions in war were tactical attacks not bankrupt the country chasing brown people war..
Clinton had nothing to do with the fall of the Soviet union nor did he make us a global super power. Clinton shut down more military bases and closed out more military rates than any president of the century. So he actually backtracked on any kind of "power" we had with the military. And he just 'happened' to be president when the Soviet union collapsed. You fail.

Clinton's tactical attacks solved nothing. He was more of an inactive president militay wise. As a result , we got 9/11. You fail again.
cpt.fass1
+329|6706|NJ
I still miss this whole it's clintons fault for 9/11 but not the person who was in office for a full year?? Please explain to me how that happens, it's the administration who is in office who is responisable for our safety isn't it?

Diplomatic/economic power is way more important to being a Superpower then Military power. No he was a President after the Soviet Union collapse and had a big part in policeing the nukes?

And yeah he pulled out troops when in policing situations. Why should we have american's die and waste money when it's not protecting our country one bit.
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6748|Pakistan/England

comet241 wrote:

I have failed to see anybody's proof or evidence that he is dumb.
try this:

https://fearofclowns.com/gfx/bush_binoculars.jpg

or

https://thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr/nwo/bush_book.gif

edit: if you fail to see whats wrong in those pics, just ask and ill point out (but theyre pretty obvious)

Last edited by tahadar (2006-08-22 11:24:59)

Colfax
PR Only
+70|6654|United States - Illinois

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I still miss this whole it's clintons fault for 9/11 but not the person who was in office for a full year?? Please explain to me how that happens, it's the administration who is in office who is responisable for our safety isn't it?

Diplomatic/economic power is way more important to being a Superpower then Military power. No he was a President after the Soviet Union collapse and had a big part in policeing the nukes?

And yeah he pulled out troops when in policing situations. Why should we have american's die and waste money when it's not protecting our country one bit.
DO you honeslty think it took only 1 year to plan 9/11.

If so then wow...you are wrong.

Bush was  inaugurated in January of 2001.  Like all other presidents so he had all of 8 months before 9/11.  You have a sick skewd view on terrorism.  It was being planned long before then.  During whose presidency?  Oh wait that was clinton

Last edited by Colfax (2006-08-22 11:25:38)

comet241
+164|6775|Normal, IL
the segway thing and the backrub things were indeed funny, but i dont blame him for falling off that segway. the awkward rub... well..... thats our down-south bush.

ill say it again that not being the best at speaking in public and balance dont make a person dumb.

i would go into the whole 9/11 who's fault is it thing, but Ill keep it strictly on whether bush is dumb or not, which i dont feel he is. I know that there are smarter people behind the scenes who are the ones that actually run the show, but it's a package deal: bush AND them, or not-bush ANd not-them
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6654|United States - Illinois

tahadar wrote:

comet241 wrote:

try this:

http://fearofclowns.com/gfx/bush_binoculars.jpg

or

http://thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr/nwo/bush_book.gif

edit: if you fail to see whats wrong in those pics, just ask and ill point out (but theyre pretty obvious)
Oh and Clinton getting a blow job in the oval office....wow those would be great pixs to put up right now.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

cpt.fass1 wrote:

That's like blaming Nixon soley for Vietnam. But then again since you give Clinton credit for taking down the Soviet Union and making us a super power despite all the work of the previous presidents, then I can understand where you lack historical and governmental knowledge.

I didn't say anything about Clinton pulling out troops in policing situations, I said he dismantled our military which is the opposite of putting us towards any kind of super power. Clinton did nothing for us except give North Korea nuclear missiles.

Last edited by M1-Lightning (2006-08-22 11:30:25)

comet241
+164|6775|Normal, IL

tahadar wrote:

comet241 wrote:

try this:

or

and plenty of people feel that those pictures are photoshopped, so show me a link to them from a credible news source and maybe that would add a little more to your argument

Last edited by comet241 (2006-08-22 11:29:46)

Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6740|Beerville, USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

And yeah he pulled out troops when in policing situations. >>>Why should we have american's die and waste money when it's not protecting our country one bit<<<.
He never pulled our troops out of policing situations he pulled them out of situations he felt would cause the loss of a soldiers life and therefore directly impact his public rating and jepordize his re-election potential...

I like the way your phrase "why should we have american's die", almost like you dawned an old uniform from the Goodwill and actually contributed to a global conflict that could have an large scale impact on the US.

Ummmmm, point in being = 9/11??? 

So why you use the terms WE and AMERICANS in your arguements all you really do is continue to debate based on whay you believe the problem(s) to be.  I'm more intersted in your solutions to these problems and not your general grouping that all Americans share you opinion... I know I don't so infact WE is YOU and you would only be an American not (S)...
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

comet241 wrote:

tahadar wrote:

comet241 wrote:

try this:

or

and plenty of people feel that those pictures are photoshopped, so show me a link to them from a credible news source and maybe that would add a little more to your argument
Hey check these out:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bushbook.asp

http://www.snopes.com/photos/binoculars.asp
herrr_smity
+156|6638|space command ur anus

Husker~ifh~ wrote:

Poor public speaker YES, poor speach writers YES, but bumb NO...
but yes
comet241
+164|6775|Normal, IL

M1-Lightning wrote:

comet241 wrote:

tahadar wrote:

try this:

or

Hey check these out:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bushbook.asp

http://www.snopes.com/photos/binoculars.asp
thanks for that lightning. it must suck to be tahadar and be wrong, eh?
cpt.fass1
+329|6706|NJ

Colfax wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

DO you honeslty think it took only 1 year to plan 9/11.

If so then wow...you are wrong.

Bush was  inaugurated in January of 2001.  Like all other presidents so he had all of 8 months before 9/11.  You have a sick skewd view on terrorism.  It was being planned long before then.  During whose presidency?  Oh wait that was clinton
It took more then one year to plan but only one day for it to happen. During whose watch, you aren't going to blame a security gaurd whose was working a day before a robbery when it was robbed the next day? Or you are because it was planned on his shift?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

"it will take time to restore chaos."
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6510|Los Angeles

Colfax wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election%2C_2004

Who won the popular vote again?????
Gore won the popular vote, thereby making Bush the President.

OH you're talking about the next election, the closest popular margin for a sitting President in the history of the United States. Yes! Bush indeed won that one.

Colfax wrote:

ANyways you can't throw out that fast that half the country give or take a fraction of a percentage wants Bush in office.
It seems that every single poll in existence would prove not only that your statement is incorrect, but that the opposite is true.

Perhaps you are looking at a different poll of which we are not aware, or perhaps you are basing this off of some other data point. If so, please let us know where we can see it.

Colfax wrote:

The life gaurd anology is horrible example because life guards must be able to swim to perfomr their duty.
Are you saying that you would not count "communicating effectively" as part of what you believe to be the President's duty? If so, I would very strongly disagree. Personal opinion though.

Colfax wrote:

If we voted a deaf president into office would that be an issue? That signed their speeches.
A deaf president would not be an issue, as he would be able to communicate to an interpreter who would speak for him. The issue is less mouth than it is brain.

That said, many believe that the current President is deaf. Or, in the experience of his former Treasury Secretary, President Bush was "like a blind man in a roomful of deaf people".
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6591|SE London

KnowMeByTrailOfDead wrote:

2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....2 more years.....

Then we can pick some new dumbass from the pool and start over.  So far this cycle sucks.  When was the last time we had a quality prez or even a quality world leader?  I am talking someone the world could really rally behind.
Well Clinton, was certainly no idiot. I may not have approved of all his policies, but he was a smart guy. Rhodes Scholar and everything.
PRiMACORD
+190|6635|Home of the Escalade Herds

stryyker wrote:

"it will take time to restore chaos."
lmao.

I love people who praise Bush, it lets me know exactly who to ignore in a debate.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
Polls are always bullshit and innaccurate. The real poll was that taken after Bush had been in office for four years... the poll that re-elected him.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6552|Texas - Bigger than France
cpt.fass1
+329|6706|NJ

M1-Lightning wrote:

Polls are always bullshit and innaccurate. The real poll was that taken after Bush had been in office for four years... the poll that re-elected him.
I love that, here are facts. Well those facts are inaccurate because they are?? Here is proof that he's doing a poor job and so is his administration. That's inaccurate because it's coming from a bias news source..

Please give us some positive insite on the pluses of this administration then?

OH and Kerry was the worst pick in the world for democratic leader, I do have to admite to that.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2006-08-22 12:04:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard