-101-InvaderZim
+42|6845|Waikato, Aotearoa
Tacical Nuke for Commander (either completely replaces Artillary Strike OR Complements it).

Can either be used ONCE per Round or has 5 min reload time.
Area of Effect being where you place the Strike - and NOT the whole map (kinda like the Nuclear Strike that
the Chinese has in C&C Generals with the same effect)......
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6709|67.222.138.85
MEC/China nuke US carrier, game over.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6482|Somewhere else

i dreamt of using Napalm....one explosion with lasting fires..... Nukes would be even more unrealistic than the game already is ...blast radious wise. to church down the explosion would lame it up. kinda like calling a transformer strike down on the enemy,pwnbots in disguise.
CITYHUNT3R
+15|6470|Winnipeg
What a bad idea.

5 minutes into the game, the US commander orders a nuke strike. The world explodes.

Last edited by CITYHUNT3R (2006-08-19 00:24:20)

Jbrar
rawr
+86|6544|Winterpeg, Canada
if u wanna reduce the blast radius, u might aswell just call it a large bomb (as in not nuke). But then again, a tactical nuke would be an interesting and very entertaining way to take out the various types of vehicle whores. Could see it... Tankwhore#1: OMFG, I FUCKING HATE YOU ...Commander:Chuckle chuckle....Tankwhore#2: RETARD, UR SO GAY, U HACK, I KNOW U DO.

Last edited by Jbrar (2006-08-19 00:43:32)

dhoar4
Banned
+151|6537|Forest Lake, Australia
I'd support that idea...+1
xtrem3_4c3
Australian Field Operative
+29|6490|Australia. Land of ZeR0 pr0N
I don't think nukes would be good. It would be way to easy to wipe an enemy team especially on karkand.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6845|Waikato, Aotearoa
OK - what about an EMP then - knock out all vehicles until they are fixed by engineer

And Cityhunter obviously didnt read my post properly
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6649
the emp is acutally something worth considering, but i'd reccomend knocking out the vehicles for a certain time and not until and engy fixes it. but i dont see that idea for us since it's a brandnew feature of the hyper bf (throws up).
anyway, the nukes or oversized KOS bombs are no good idea imo. at the moment it takes some skill to use arty in the right way (yes i'm not a blind "arty is ready gotta click it fast!"-guy) and with a bomb just killing everyone and everything on detonation it gets quite easy
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6551|UK

Wonderful, some random private descides to nuke us all, 'yay', meh, in real life only a general can order something like that, I know this is a game, but in all honestly, it would be abused so badly it would be taken out within a week.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

Stupid idea. The nukes in Generals are devastating and totally unfair. If they brought that into this game, Id quit before you can say "Fuck EA"
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6582|England

Jbrar wrote:

if u wanna reduce the blast radius, u might aswell just call it a large bomb (as in not nuke). But then again, a tactical nuke would be an interesting and very entertaining way to take out the various types of vehicle whores. Could see it... Tankwhore#1: OMFG, I FUCKING HATE YOU ...Commander:Chuckle chuckle....Tankwhore#2: RETARD, UR SO GAY, U HACK, I KNOW U DO.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool +1 you when i have some to give
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6532|Boston, MA
Didn't BFV have napalm? It would be pretty cool if you could drop napalm on an entire area as jet instead of a few bombs.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6482|Somewhere else

InvaderZim, EMP you ask? Ive read BF2142 has just that.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6597|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
MOAB anyone?
sheggalism
+16|6744|France

seymorebutts443 wrote:

MOAB anyone?
Yeah....MOAB loaded in a B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber ! (like in C&C Zero Hour ^^)

or maybe ship-launched BGM-109 Tomahawks ?? http://www.militaryspot.com/videos/video41.htm
[PED] soul76
hand me the gun and ask me again
+18|6534|Mülheim a.d.R. | Germany
nukes too unrealistic in scale, effect and required circumstances (command chain, WW3 breaking out, hippie demos in the streets blocking supply transports).

better get some napalm, fuel/air bombs or something like that....carpet bombing FTW
Slam
+74|6637
no
JaMrulezass
+47|6466|Hong Kong
Good idea, nuke no but tomahawks would be good and maybe Moabs (haha) coz if the tomahawks were launched by ships, then specops can destroy them with c4s just like any other commander asset. moabs would be if they were actually transported by a plane and not just appear randomluy by parachute, and you can also shoo down the plane to prevent the explosion
maxQ
+2|6462|NZ
WP bombs for tactical aircraft - smoke effect and ppl running round on fire, and 'carpet bombing' once per round a cell of 3 B52's unloads which could possibly cover Beach to airfield on Wake .
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6465|meh-land
I had an image of a nuke being dropped on Oman but i can't find it now

Personally i've always thought that a Daisy Cutter would be immensely satisfying to use
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6637|South Jersey

sheggalism wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

MOAB anyone?
or maybe ship-launched BGM-109 Tomahawks ?? http://www.militaryspot.com/videos/video41.htm
ow
the_hitman_kills
Agent 47 wannabe
+32|6467|Inside my APC
Tac nuke in bf2, i love it...

now clan servers can turn off friendly fire just long enough to detonate their nuke and switch back on.

Stat padders wet dream...
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6476|Belgium
fail
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

Imagine the commander insta-resupply hack with this thing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard