Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6498|United States
Its been my opinion for a while that if your a sniper and have less then or barely a 2/1 KDR, then you my friend are not a good sniper. These idiots like nyte can shoot well and what not and sure hes good. Now im not saying hes not good but when you die almost as many times as you kill your really not helping your team, as your loseing tickets also for your own side. Snipers were never meant to be played like supoort or medic or assault. I typcially just move to where ever the action is on the map and find a good spot a bit aways from the action. but get close enough so that I know whats going on and i can clearly see the heads of enemys.

I just cant see why players who claim to be so good with a sniper rifle barely have decent KDR's with the kit. Just because you can shoot well doesnt mean your always helping your team. Now I know some of you are saying its not about winning...well your wrong it is. The whole point of all your efforts in the round is to win and maintain a decent KDR at least 3/1 or higher with a sniper kit. Because you kill some guy 3 times and only die once....thats 3 tickets less for them and only 1 less for your team.

So while players like nyte and w/e else are good shots with a rifle alot of the time there not helping much.
GATOR591957
+84|6663

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

Its been my opinion for a while that if your a sniper and have less then or barely a 2/1 KDR, then you my friend are not a good sniper. These idiots like nyte can shoot well and what not and sure hes good. Now im not saying hes not good but when you die almost as many times as you kill your really not helping your team, as your loseing tickets also for your own side. Snipers were never meant to be played like supoort or medic or assault. I typcially just move to where ever the action is on the map and find a good spot a bit aways from the action. but get close enough so that I know whats going on and i can clearly see the heads of enemys.

I just cant see why players who claim to be so good with a sniper rifle barely have decent KDR's with the kit. Just because you can shoot well doesnt mean your always helping your team. Now I know some of you are saying its not about winning...well your wrong it is. The whole point of all your efforts in the round is to win and maintain a decent KDR at least 3/1 or higher with a sniper kit. Because you kill some guy 3 times and only die once....thats 3 tickets less for them and only 1 less for your team.

So while players like nyte and w/e else are good shots with a rifle alot of the time there not helping much.
I disagree.  I snipe a lot and if I see a flag has just changed I will go down and attempt to reaquire the flag.  In doing that I place myself in jeopardy for fresh spawns etc.  But it is what you should be doing as a team member.  I hate seeing a team of snipers that stay in their perches all day no matter how many flags we have or don't have as a team.  Your job as a team member is to help the team in whatever aspect you can, period.  With that comes deaths.  If your worried about your K/D ratio you are not a team player.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6783|The United Center
I always thought of snipers as a deterrant.  There aren't enough snipers out there who kill with one shot as soon as you give them the chance.  Instead of killing people and racking up points, snipers act almsot as an obstacle.  If I know a sniper is guarding a flag but I don't know exactly where he is, I'll be a bit more hesitant to go in and cap the flag.  I know there may be claymores around and he probably already knows I'm there.

Try not to think of the sniper as someone who will end the round with 50 kills and four deaths, but moreso as someone who will stay in places where others won't, often protecting your flags.  Playing as a sniper is where most of my defend points come from, and I would bet it's the same for a lot of other people too.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6733|Germany

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Try not to think of the sniper as someone who will end the round with 50 kills and four deaths, but moreso as someone who will stay in places where others won't, often protecting your flags.  Playing as a sniper is where most of my defend points come from, and I would bet it's the same for a lot of other people too.
https://f10.putfile.com/thumb/8/22918301662.png
Pure sniper kit use on Wake.
Kills only from sniper rifle and transport(which is ok for taking out chopper and boats).I only died once so I placed only 4 claymores around flags,so no whoring there.

Compare my score with the score of the other players.

Snipers are useless?I don't think so.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-08-18 15:39:06)

SGT.Slayero
+98|6502|Life in a vacuum sucks
hey tom
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6567

Im a horrible sniper so i dont play it much but yeah, snipers have a pistol...they can sneak around and kill people from behind with that pistol.
dalexa
+4|6642|portugal

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I always thought of snipers as a deterrant.  There aren't enough snipers out there who kill with one shot as soon as you give them the chance.  Instead of killing people and racking up points, snipers act almsot as an obstacle.  If I know a sniper is guarding a flag but I don't know exactly where he is, I'll be a bit more hesitant to go in and cap the flag.  I know there may be claymores around and he probably already knows I'm there.

i totally agree with you...
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6657|London, England
Well for me sniping is all about getting kill assists. Forget about spending 20 or so rounds (yes ok, some of you snipers are so super that you get 10 headshots with the svd) trying to get that super duper headshot. Just go for the body with an M95 (who cant do that, seriously) and your bound to get a kill assist. If you hang back and follow a squad. Spot something, shoot it. Target has 2 bars of health, rest of squad will deal with him in no time.

It's that easy. Works really well on karkand...infact. Snipers have it real easy. They have very powerful weapons that are very accuracte no matter what stance you're at. One shot w/a squad will net them loads of kills and net you loads of kill assists.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2006-08-18 15:44:32)

Brasso
+1,549|6667

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

Where are your stats, dumshit/hot stuff?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6756|Melbourne, Australia
snipers do help the team.. take sharqie for example if your on the crane you have a great scouting position and you can also defend construction site / alleyway and hotel from being taken ... and thats only 1 person!
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6857|Delaware
My whole new ID is sniping.

Sniper Rifles      04:26:37      312      82      3.8049      42.03%

SPM      3.6988
K/D Ratio      6.6557

Tell me I don't help my team =/

Last edited by SysTray (2006-08-18 16:01:43)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6788|Toronto, ON

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

OHHH, so is THAT why my WLR beats all those snipers with KDR's above 2.

GG own.

Last edited by Nyte (2006-08-18 16:40:50)

Alpha as fuck.
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6498|United States

haffeysucks wrote:

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

not gonna get much with that attitude.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6788|Toronto, ON
And I repeat:

"OHHH, so is THAT why my WLR beats all those snipers with KDR's above 2."
Alpha as fuck.
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6498|United States

Nyte wrote:

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

GG.
your so insecure its ridiculous. Always out to prove ur better. You look like a retard with a L9 snipeing in close combat. if your gonna snipe do it correctly. And your stats arent even 2/1....so be quiet nyte. Everyones got a hard on for nyte, its pretty sad really. Then you come here posting your life story 'confessions of Nyte"...like ANYONE really cares. ive seen you before on servers, its pretty sad....you snipe guys from 2 feet away....kill 1 guy, then you die and a medic revives you.

be thankful for medics nyte or ur KDR would be  negative with sniper kit. Snipeing in close quarters is just like useing a chopper to cap flags....your mis-useing the kit/vehicle.

You wanna do that CQ stuff do medic or assault or support.

and dont forget nyte...no matter how good you are, theres always some unknown guy that could always wreck you. You have one of the biggest mouths i've ever seen.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6762|Twente, The Netherlands
Sniping is for the weak. I love the claymore kills however, you just lay them down and 2 cheap kills for you.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6788|Toronto, ON

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

GG.
your so insecure its ridiculous. Always out to prove ur better. You look like a retard with a L9 snipeing in close combat. if your gonna snipe do it correctly. And your stats arent even 2/1....so be quiet nyte. Everyones got a hard on for nyte, its pretty sad really. Then you come here posting your life story 'confessions of Nyte"...like ANYONE really cares. ive seen you before on servers, its pretty sad....you snipe guys from 2 feet away....kill 1 guy, then you die and a medic revives you.

be thankful for medics nyte or ur KDR would be  negative with sniper kit. Snipeing in close quarters is just like useing a chopper to cap flags....your mis-useing the kit/vehicle.

and dont forget nyte...no matter how good you are, theres always some unknown guy that could always wreck you. You have one of the biggest mouths i've ever seen.
And I repeat:

Alpha as fuck.
Ryan86th
+14|6538|Ohio

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

not gonna get much with that attitude.
he's probably not that great at the game, let alone life, considering he cant spell sniping
Harmonics
A stabbing fatality
+22|6539
Did you not learn anything in school?

I before E except after C.

SNIPING.
Gentlesouljah.e
+14|6498|United States

Nyte wrote:

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

Nyte wrote:

GG.

And I repeat:

lol...cant you give at least a respectable response? You KDR with all kits and vehicles are barely over 1/1 and your WLR is barely over 1/1....so to me your nothing but another puber. Its really ridiculous that people seem to worship you because you can macro and shoot a sniper rifle 3 ft from a guy. Its pretty sad you even admit you macro.....at least before you were half respectable.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6762|Twente, The Netherlands
I love your sniper accuracy Nyte, however you're not God himself. I'm not asking you to shut your mouth because you won't, but remember, sniping is not about owning people from close range... you have way better weapons meant for that.

Also, your WLR sucks.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6788|Toronto, ON

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Gentlesouljah.e wrote:

And I repeat:

lol...cant you give at least a respectable response? You KDR with all kits and vehicles are barely over 1/1 and your WLR is barely over 1/1....so to me your nothing but another puber. Its really ridiculous that people seem to worship you because you can macro and shoot a sniper rifle 3 ft from a guy. Its pretty sad you even admit you macro.....at least before you were half respectable.
And I repeat:
Alpha as fuck.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6787|Chicago.
Is it just me, or is Sniper turning into the next assault kit?!

Whenever I play, It's long range or bust. No inbetween. Thats how snipers started, and thats how I believe it should stay.

Also, don't comment on my WLR, 1) I already know how low it is and 2) I don't care how low it goes.
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6588|The Land of Claywhore

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I agree.When i play sniper,I usually try and find a spot around 1 or more flags and play defense.I rack up alot of defend points and keep lone wolves or small squads on there toes.IMO it helps my team out alot cause it causes the enemy team to lose several tickets trying to get my defended flag.

Or covering an enemy flag while my team moves in.
https://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/robo2012/sniper1.jpg
Sniper+Defense=Teamwork

Last edited by BrOk_MoRdU (2006-08-18 17:05:52)

BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6787|Chicago.

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

Sniper+Defense=Teamwork
QFT.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard