Run yourself over-REALLY bites, and you feel stupid.19%19% - 60
Pushing wrong key-Accidently bailed, and feel stupid.9%9% - 28
Hacking or Glitching- Different names,same assholes.5%5% - 16
Other- And I know there are other ways to die.4%4% - 14
Total: 310
Bevo
Nah
+718|6539|Austin, Texas
Getting crushed by a supply drop that you requested.
Walking to get into an F-35... your head get smashed between the wing and engine... You have died!
Everytime I jump off the balcony at the Mosque at Mashstuur. I can jump off towards the Mosque and parachute fine, but everytime I jump off the back way (towards the hill) my parachute never opens. WTF?

or..... You have a stupid helicopter pilot, he makes the helicopter go out of control, you end up diving towards the ground... and he bails. MadKatter has commited suicide.

And... I voted press the wrong button and bail out of a vehicle, because it has happened to me too many times while piloting a heli
glopje_nl
+21|6689|HOLLAND
arti i hate it so much and of course connection lost
Pyrri
+7|6641
Bombed by a friendly jet while I am capping a flag (needless to say there are no enemies around). Friendly fire is always the most accurate. I even hit the page down for that sometimes, then the same guy bombs me again
l41e
+677|6667

Wake Island 2007. Teamkilled for a BOAT. Later in the round, teamkilled for a Stinger site.

Never came back to that server again.
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6558|The Lost Highway
I hate getting killed when I'm near a wall and a vehicle at the same time. Those are the lamest fucking deaths ever.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6777|Vienna, Austria

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

lord_tyler_486 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

the WTF death always
Yup those where there seems to be noone around and you just die and it doesn't even say what happened or killed you... omfg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6703|United States of America
Had to pick Other in absence of "All of the above". The topic title is correct though, they're all "bogus". Reminds me of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6595|Arlen, Texas

DesertFox423 wrote:

Had to pick Other in absence of "All of the above". The topic title is correct though, they're all "bogus". Reminds me of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Here's the poll for 'good' game deaths. Arty is the winner.

Edit:  http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=38772    (D'oh!)

Last edited by Smaug (2006-08-14 09:26:52)

DeZwarteMaan
+10|6692|Texas
1)   TK-for a vehicle.
      This one annoys me. Wait your darn turn. This is the military, no last man standing or.. she's my bird.
      Don't wait around for the plane. if the plane crashes. First one to the runway gets it. If 2 arrive
      simultaneous and you were just in the plane. SHARE. I TK people who don't share. Then leave.
      I might TK you for being an idiot, but at least I'm not just TKing for the plane.

There might be a few exceptions where I tk'd an idiot and got in the plane because
      he crashed every 1 minute. These people don't deserve in the plane. Goto the fracking non-ranked
      servers to 'learn' to fly.

2)   TK-for the hell of it, or unknown reasons.
      These are Generation SPAZ. At least Gen-X killed because they had reasons. These 13-20
      year olds who toss a grenade into a crowd of their friends <even on teamspeak> because
      the flailing bodies looks kewl.. piss me the freak off. Banning from the teamspeak and social
      club has occurred. No one likes a n00b who cant find his manhood.

Exceptions: Your last life.. you were flying a helicopter, driving a car.. and you were an idiot.
      maybe you caused 2-6 people to die a 'no more' because, as a pilot/driver, you bailed  and they all
      smashed into a tree, mountain, etc. PREPARE to DIE by TK in an onslaught for idiocy.

3)   Cartillary-Enjoy it for now.
      You can see it coming. Dodge?!? While in the chopper, I have often been hovering only to
      hear/see it and move to the side just in time to see the car miss the blades. Just last night,
      the enemy commander was flying a Jet. he dropped vehicles damn close to my chopper
         ... while flying? Damn... he was a pain in the neck.

I do love seeing a sniper in the distance squished by a random car. lol.
          Commander... Sniper spotted... squish.
              Take snapshot...

4)   Lag-Stuttering Death.
      Fix the darn 1.3... the account servers are causing bad lag spikes and my choppers
      might not always crash.. but damn... it's hard to stay aloft seeing your flight path...
      It's like looking in a dark room with the strobe light on. Throw something at someone
      and have them throw it back...
            It's not pretty.

5)   Your Connection Has Been Lost- Just plain sucks.
       Here-here!

6)   The 'WTF' Death- Anyone see what happened?
      In a road. Nothing nearby... I'm in the F11 screen. No cars dropped. No missiles flying... No Tows.
      No one credited for kill.  BOOM. Dead from full health. I can only assume that these are Mines
      laid out by an enemy only to be kicked off by bad connections and they cause a death, but no one
      online to credit it just says... "no more".
      It just tickles me pink to see a small rock in the grass, or a wooden box kill a tank who drives
      over them. wtf? I mean.. these objects should be crushed... but no. Anything set in the map is the
      Kryptonite of the tank.

7)   Run yourself over-REALLY bites, and you feel stupid.
      You're an idiot. Try that in real life...

Pilots eject from planes at full speed and snap their spines. Just from a moving jeep at 60mph
      and your roadkill. Don't complain if you didn't take 1 second to slow down to a crawl.

What I hate is when I stop my vehicle, jump out and squish.. the car squishes me against the
      wall and I instantly die. I wasn't even on a decline!!! Nor was I near the friggin wall.

I cant count the number of times My parachute didn't open but I was moving 2 feet from the
     ground in the plane and I was left standing on the ground, roof, mountain... and I never fell.
     I was... just there. I just Love seeing that... oh. Did I mention that once my plane kept
     going on wake. I had just taken off from China across the grass. I was on the roof of the flag
     which was being taken and my plane rammed an enemy plane. This wasn't planned. Damn I wish
     I had hit screencap. I was standing in Awe at the fact that .. I lived... was saving flag... and took
     out a plane.. Sweet nectar!

8)   Pushing wrong key-Accidentally bailed, and feel stupid.
       I rekeyed my keyboard to move the 'E' key. I friggin hate battling in a chopper and winning
       only to hit the E when reaching for a Flare... by accident. Ahhhhhh.... kersplat.. Chute didn't work...

9)   Hacking or Glitching- Different names,same assholes.
      Ban them. Take their games.. Shoot them in the head. Lobotomize. Nothing is worse than a Glitcher.
      My #1 enemy... "Techkill" got 14 kills on me because I was getting him out of the ground glitch on
      Sharqi. He Pissed me the freak off. Notice his stats were reset... (blowing on nails..)..

Cheaters never prosper and I'm glad the people I gave the EA website to responded to the
     complaint. The conjoined effort wiped the smile off of that 120K global point cheater.

10)  Other- And I know there are other ways to die.

"CHUTES" Not opening.. #1 peeve. I don't care if It was 1000 feet.. or from top of a building.
     I hit the key repeatedly.. alllll the way down.. Splat... no Chute. I felt like a cartoon.
                       Splat.. <chute opens over body>
Defiance
+438|6689

Getting cartilleried by your own commander...

I was hiding from a tank, 20-0 or something and I wasn't going to risk running out to tarnish that (going for 25 kill streak, on sharqi sadly) and my own commander dropped a car on me.

Sadly, at that same time, the other team actually got a commander so artillery was my ownly problem, got me three times, ended the round 40 something and 4.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6637|Manitowoc, WI
About the running yourself over, i once saw a guy get out of his vehichle going down a steep hill on Mashtuur.  He somehow got infront of it while it was still moving and went sailing across the map.  I don't think I ever laughed harder at this game.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6698|Denver, CO
my three least favorites not included here are:

1.  Fly into invisible wall
2.  Bump into your own airplanes missiles and instantly die
3.  Get repeatedly naded in Karkand alley... stops me from playing Karkand...
ValentijnR
+18|6572
got stuck between the solar panels on roofs and died...

explain that in a letter to my beloved ones...
the_hitman_kills
Agent 47 wannabe
+32|6483|Inside my APC
i think the most bogus way to die is when you throw one stick of C4 too many.

C4..C4..C4..C4..C4..BOOM
MrKamikaze
+10|6660|East
otheR: sometimes if theres a car against a wall with a rly small space in between and u try to walk thru ull randomly die from squishage... >.<

that's embarrasing...
Sea_JayUK
+19|6542|Notts
My worst is the WTF death, invisible barriers or just suddenly exploding. For some reason I seemed to get this alot beofer patch 1.3, I would take a DPV and enter the Gas Station flag on Daqing Oilfields, 90% of the time when I entered the GS from the North West entrance (Near the Tank Spawn) I would explode. Would recieve an 'Is no more' and be left thinking WTF?

I have been killed by a Wheelbarrow which is a close second though!
the_hitman_kills
Agent 47 wannabe
+32|6483|Inside my APC
once in karkand i was on the machine gun placement next to the USMC spawnpoint chewing up the mec,
the commander dropped a supply crate on my head, (un)lucky i didn't die, but the crate slid behind me and i was trapped on the gun, i had to commit suicide to get away!
hordi74
+16|6483|Capital City of Nds, Germany
the WTF why didn't the parachute open...
messfeeder
+31|6546|Gotham
Lag is the worst b/c you get killed by some n00b who thinks he pwned you.
darkcrystal
First Aid! Here!
+12|6706
the "i didnt know that palm tree was there!" death
messfeeder
+31|6546|Gotham

the_hitman_kills wrote:

once in karkand i was on the machine gun placement next to the USMC spawnpoint chewing up the mec,
the commander dropped a supply crate on my head, (un)lucky i didn't die, but the crate slid behind me and i was trapped on the gun, i had to commit suicide to get away!
omg death by supply crate is hilarius.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6741|Eastern PA
Non-opening parachute or getting killed by a parachute (ie. a teammate opens one at the beginning of Warlord and you spawn into it). Wrong because it's simply a lame way to die and because the teammate got one of the most unavoidable teamkills in the Battlefield series.
messfeeder
+31|6546|Gotham
This one was from a bug.  I was spawning on squad leader in a chopper and I was getting a message that I was leaving the field of battle.  After being killed for that, I respawned and got the same thing, so I ejected and it looked like this.  Nowhere near the chopper.  I finally had to just spawn elsewhere.
https://img48.imageshack.us/img48/8809/screen006cs8.th.jpg

There was some weird shit going on in that server.  This is from that same round.
https://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9070/screen007ai1.th.jpg
ShaneDiddy
+3|6493|Virginia, USA

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Lag. Especially if the person who kills you is like "OwNeD!!!" and teabags you and you were getting like 3 FPS when it happened.
AHHH exactly i hate that !!
CloakedStarship
+76|6584
Wheres the "My game mimized AGAIN and i flew into the crane" option?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard