Absinthe
+18|6756
dont put me on flames and torches if someone else wrote that before..

Well.. the concept of 3 seconds "can't die" mode , right after you spawn. This will give the player several seconds to get the pic on the battle situation and prepare himself accordingly.

This all came up to me, after I had a death streak of 7 or 8 times o_0
this dude with a heli just hovered on top of the red spawn point and RAPED us apart.. I needed that few secs SO despirately - only to catch up with the past 15 angry seconds over and over ..

What do you say ?
8ball
+1|6741
yeh i said 5 secs,
spawn armour would be a perfect way around it,
the was no such thing as spawn camping in BHD,
because of spawn armour
=DS=Unit92
+0|6741
I was suprised that it WASN'T included when I first started play the demo, I though for sure they would have come to their senses by retail or the first patch after... I've given up on that.
SlickWRX
+6|6743

Absinthe wrote:

Well.. the concept of 3 seconds "can't die" mode , right after you spawn. This will give the player several seconds to get the pic on the battle situation and prepare himself accordingly.

this dude with a heli just hovered on top of the red spawn point and RAPED us apart.. I needed that few secs SO despirately - only to catch up with the past 15 angry seconds over and over ..

What do you say ?
I say 3 seconds later I'm gonna put a rocket in your mouth.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6837
There is nothing I love more that dieing even before I get to move.  I bet that more than 3/4's of all my deaths are due to arty strikes and spawn camping.
Blankwindow
+1|6725

8ball wrote:

yeh i said 5 secs,
spawn armour would be a perfect way around it,
the was no such thing as spawn camping in BHD,
because of spawn armour
i Haven't played BHD in about 6 months but i used to spawn rape the hell out of people with the rest of my squad. not to mention gettign raped more than once. Some maps you can't do it on but most you can if your good.

-----------

Anyway As annoying as it can be to spawn then immediatly die. I think it would be far more annoying with spawn armor. I actually like it without now that i've played awhile.
Lawk
+2|6774

Absinthe wrote:

What do you say ?
Bad idea.  Reason:  I want to kill you as soon as you spawn, not three seconds later.
SlickWRX
+6|6743
I've been on both ends of the spectrum.  The cruel fact is that if you have a shitty team.  You have a shitty team and are going to get raped over and over. 

What gets me is when there is a tank in our only spawn point raping us and I spawn with anti-armor class and these asshats spawn with as snipers.
Home
Section.80
+447|6847|Seattle, Washington, USA

Good idea, but what if you are actually capping the flag and not baseraping? Then you have to survive 3 seconds to kill the enemy. With this idea, you are fixing baseraping, but screwing those who actaully capture the flags.
SlickWRX
+6|6743

Lawk wrote:

Absinthe wrote:

What do you say ?
Bad idea.  Reason:  I want to kill you as soon as you spawn, not three seconds later.
I'm thinking he was suggesting a 3 second invulnerability.  i've seen similar things in other games.

The main problem is that people will want to long wolf it and haul ass out of there with their sniper rifles.

This game is based way too much on numbers and not enough on objectives.  Thats the thing I always loved about the Rainbow Six series.  There were no stats.  You had an objective to complete.  You either succeed or fail.  With BF2 people just want to get their stats up to brag.  To tell you the truth if the Rainbow Six series had drivable vehicles I wouldn't ever look at BF again.
solarium_rider
+0|6763

Homeschtar wrote:

Good idea, but what if you are actually capping the flag and not baseraping? Then you have to survive 3 seconds to kill the enemy. With this idea, you are fixing baseraping, but screwing those who actaully capture the flags.
There was a mod for unreal tournament that took care of this issue by keeping the person invulnerable for a certain amount of time or until they fired their weapon or selected anything other than the default.  The default was a pistol, so there wasn't really any issues with the rocket in your face though.  Not quite sure if it would work in this game, the gameplay dynamics are little different.
{101st}Pvt.Shifty
+0|6740
what do u mean a lot of ppl go for the flags and crap like that. but it takes killing and flanking to do that. heck if im on a server with mics and i am squad leader i tell them to come with me and flank the enemy. but i do agree a bunch of queers spawn camp in like an apc or a tank and be total fags

Last edited by {101st}Pvt.Shifty (2005-11-28 23:05:38)

jax
+12|6767
the problem with the 3 second thing is that somone could be capturing a flag or running past and you could kill them before you were even vonrable
BurlySmurf
+1|6755|Nellis AFB
Anyone could take those 3 seconds of god mode and use them to put a shotgun in your face.

Make it 1-2 seconds and if you fire or change weapons it goes away.
Absinthe
+18|6756

jax wrote:

the problem with the 3 second thing is that somone could be capturing a flag or running past and you could kill them before you were even vonrable
so.. at the time being in "god mode" you wont be able to fire ! its that simple.
Lawk
+2|6774

SlickWRX wrote:

Lawk wrote:

Absinthe wrote:

What do you say ?
I'm thinking he was suggesting a 3 second invulnerability.  i've seen similar things in other games.

The main problem is that people will want to long wolf it and haul ass out of there with their sniper rifles.

This game is based way too much on numbers and not enough on objectives.  Thats the thing I always loved about the Rainbow Six series.  There were no stats.  You had an objective to complete.  You either succeed or fail.  With BF2 people just want to get their stats up to brag.  To tell you the truth if the Rainbow Six series had drivable vehicles I wouldn't ever look at BF again.
I know.  I was just expressing how I want to kill him sooner than later.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6848|"Frisco"

I think this is actually planned for a future update.
Rick_Biessman
+4|6777|Germany
I see the next bug appearing:
Players who stay protected for the rest of the round, cause of jumping in an IGLA right when the protection had to fall or something like that.

That's Murphy's Law, I think EA and Dice know it very well now
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6787|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'
I came to Bf2 from MohAA, Call of Duty, and United Offensive COD.

each of those has: spawn protection: few seconds of invincibility

always worked well and IMHO was fair.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6774|NRW,Germany
I think spawn armor should be reduced to the uncappable flags so it won´t become more difficult to cap a normal flag.
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6755|NH - USA

Tigg@lot wrote:

I think spawn armor should be reduced to the uncappable flags so it won´t become more difficult to cap a normal flag.
I agree on that - cap's should not have protection.

And off topic I want to kill your Badger - dont let me see it on the battlefield!
(Nothing against you, but that sig drives me cRaZy!  (lol) 

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/PANZER420/badger_final2.jpg
=DS=Unit92
+0|6741
How exactly do you spawn at an uncapped flag?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6841|Cologne, Germany

chuyskywalker wrote:

I think this is actually planned for a future update.
spawn armor, you mean ? can you elaborate on that ?

Tigg@lot wrote:

I think spawn armor should be reduced to the uncappable flags so it won´t become more difficult to cap a normal flag
I second that. no spawn protection for cappable flags, I say. If you know you are going to spawn in a CP that is under enemy attack, you should prepare for a quick death. If you don't want to risk that, you can still spawn somewhere else or on your Squad Leader. And if you are not in a squad, what the hell are you doing playing BF2 anyway ?!
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6755|NH - USA

S=Unit92 wrote:

How exactly do you spawn at an uncapped flag?
Your home base. Sometimes they are crossed-out and uncaptureablblble. (i.e. unCAPpable) I'm sure you knew that and it was easily taken two ways in the conversation.

Last edited by VirtuaLResistancE (2005-11-29 08:05:12)

wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6777
I think this is a dumb idea.   If I'm capping a flag and you spawn and I shoot you, you won't die.  Do my shots register as 'hits' or not?  Accuracy will not be logged correctly.  3 seconds would also give me plenty of time to kill all at a flag with a c4 toss and I might even live after detonating it.  So, maps like karkand would be very difficult for US to advance.

Last edited by wannabe_tank_whore (2005-11-29 08:14:31)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard