=DS=Unit92
+0|6742
Making a big deal about it is the only way you're going to stop EA from doing stupid stuff. By not making a big deal about it, the EA programmers would still be working under 3rd world slave labour condititions at competetive wages that of a Indian support center representative.

EA will continue to grind every last dollar out of it's customers until you stop taking it up the arse and stand up for yourselves. I bought BF2 because I loved the demo, but once it went live like problems I was SURE they would fix didn't, and even with all these imbalances (which were magnified on maps other than Gulf of Oman) and bugs and undetectable hacks EA pushed the expansion on foreward because it KNEW that their player base are consumer whores and would gladly pay.

EA knows they don't have to fix bugs and imbalances because you guys are ready and willing to spend more money to buy some skill.  Why fix bug that don't make money when expansions will make money and people are willing to buy it. If enough people had some discipline and held off buying it and demanded EA fix the current issues I garuntee you the last patch would have done a lot more for BF2 that it did.
metalfoot
+0|6726
the one that EA has aproved of, so they are incorperated in Ranked servers.
[MC]RG-Conan
+0|6757|Ventura, CA

S=Unit92 wrote:

If enough people had some discipline and held off buying it and demanded EA fix the current issues I garuntee you the last patch would have done a lot more for BF2 that it did.
Are you kidding me? Gamers don't have discipline. If they did, they'd spend their time helping the sick, poor, elderly instead of selfishly killing each other online. Get real. Gamers are looking for a diversion. Instantly. They're not going to boycott their benefactors, i.e., EA, Ubisoft, etc.

EA rules. They released BF1942. Dice rules. They made DC. EA still rules. They made BF2. As soon as I sneak into my wife's closet and carefully slice open the BF2:SF she bought me on Black Friday and remove the CD-ROM and install and play I will come back and post that EA still rules because Flashbangs are awesome and I can't wait to use a grapple or zipline to get to a cool new spot I haven't been before.
YitEarp
+1|6726
god damn some of you ppl whine like no tomorrow.

the SF unlocks, while good weapons(why would they release unlocks worse than defaults that would make ppl never use them?), are NOT the godly end-all-be-all of weapons.  if someone is using one of them it doesnt automagically make them own everyone else.

its completely possible to kill them, hell i still use the BF2 default ak-101 for medicing and have no more trouble than i used to taking out SF unlock users.

get a clue, if you need to cushion the blow to your ego by accusing others of having an unfair advantage then go for it.  just dont expect any respect for crying like someone kicked u in the pusspuss.
Sud
+0|6748
god damn some of you ppl whine like no tomorrow.
Oh, there's that word again. Allow me to quote myself:

"Whine" is a word thrown around by the irrational mentally deficient as their futile attempt at a counter-argument. It reeks intrinsically of hypocrisy, since they themselves are whining about whining.
the SF unlocks, while good weapons(why would they release unlocks worse than defaults that would make ppl never use them?), are NOT the godly end-all-be-all of weapons.  if someone is using one of them it doesnt automagically make them own everyone else.
They make a huge impact on battle efficiency. I have doubled my relative K as medic with the new gun. My stats are increasing to reflect this too. They can take something that's "not so hot" and make it into "rather decent". Trying to deny that they don't make any impact is foolish, they make a huge impact.

its completely possible to kill them, hell i still use the BF2 default ak-101 for medicing and have no more trouble than i used to taking out SF unlock users.
Try your luck up against someone who can manage a positive ratio.

get a clue, if you need to cushion the blow to your ego by accusing others of having an unfair advantage then go for it.  just dont expect any respect for crying like someone kicked u in the pusspuss.
I don't have SF, but I do have the SF guns unlocked, and READ MY LIPS - they are BETTER WEAPONRY THAT DO NOT BELONG IN THE BASE GAME. They are created for SF and there they SHOULD stay. Especially considering not everyone has the opportunity I have had to unlock it without actually owning the full product.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6783|The Hague, Holland

CL_Crusader wrote:

No offense to anyone, but i dont think its unfair.
I also havent got SF but in my opinion the new weaps arent that big of a thread.
People arent harder to kill when theyve got SF. Meaning they aint got a special body armor or something.
I still get my common amount of kills and almost never encounter flashbangs. The 2 times I have i just started running in one direction and well, it worked.

If you havent got SF theres also an advantage. You always can blame the "New and super-strong weapon" for killing you, not the guy using it.

http://www.bf2s.com/player/58043120/sig.png
http://www.bf2s.com/player/58043120/awards.jpg
I love everyone who jumps over me and into my line of fire, when im firing my PKM.
Thanks for the Team Damage, guys!
I like what this guy said.

Blame the "New and super-strong weapon" for killing you, not the guy using it.

I geuss people are a bit scared for the "unkown"
They get killed by a new sort of weapon and scream out, WTF IS THAT!?
That weapon is to strong!
No its not! Its just a weapon. You could still easily sneak up on me and shoot me with your pistol like the good old days, me carrying a uzi will not change Anything.
CreepingDeath
+1|6745
S=Unit92
  Maybe santa will get it for you this christmas . . but only after you sit on his lap and make him smile for awhile. . .

Until then SMILE  B HAPPY . . knowning that  us with the SF weapons love to flash bang yaaa over an over again.
=[S3nf]=
Upside Down Space Cockroach
+150|6790|out of orbit
You cannot flashbang me in F15...
YitEarp
+1|6726

Sud wrote:

Oh, there's that word again. Allow me to quote myself:

"Whine" is a word thrown around by the irrational mentally deficient as their futile attempt at a counter-argument. It reeks intrinsically of hypocrisy, since they themselves are whining about whining.
omg, you completely got me there... i used the word whine... when thats what people are doing... heavens to betsy... please forgive me... moron. debating cemantics doesnt really prove a point, just makes u look like an anal jackass.  way to toss around as many 'million dollar' words as u can to try and sound smart, doesnt change the fact that my 1 post telling the whiners to stfu wouldnt be here if it werent for the 100s of posts complaining.  im not saying my bitching ppl out has a ton more merit to it, but if youre complaining that your penile enlargement pills arent working and i provide a solution that has the word 'whine' in it youll dismiss my entire argument?  yes technically im whining just like you are, but im only whining because you wont stfu about how tiny your dick is.

They make a huge impact on battle efficiency. I have doubled my relative K as medic with the new gun. My stats are increasing to reflect this too. They can take something that's "not so hot" and make it into "rather decent". Trying to deny that they don't make any impact is foolish, they make a huge impact.
i didnt say they dont make _any_ impact, im just arguing that the impact isnt as big as some ppl are trying to make it out to be.  the sf guns dont make you uber, they provide trade-offs like more accuracy/less dmg or more dmg/no full auto, etc.  just because the medic unlock proves more useful to your playing style doesnt prove it owns other people of similar skill with a different weapon.  as for your improved score, there are many other factors that could contribute to the change or explain it all on their own such as improved confidence with your weapon, the gigantic influx of new players to the bf2 population lately(seems like almost every server i get into has a lot more noobs than they used to), etc.

Try your luck up against someone who can manage a positive ratio.
thanks i have, i do, and i try to.  and i still kill them just as well as i used to.

I don't have SF, but I do have the SF guns unlocked, and READ MY LIPS - they are BETTER WEAPONRY THAT DO NOT BELONG IN THE BASE GAME. They are created for SF and there they SHOULD stay. Especially considering not everyone has the opportunity I have had to unlock it without actually owning the full product.
theyre better weaponry?  maybe.  again there are tradeoffs, things u sacrifice to get better in one stat.  by the same rationalization the bf2 unlocks are also tradeoff upgrades to the defaults, but they are still allowed in the same game. 

personally i think including some of the SF unlocks in BF2 is a good call, if nothing else it simply encourages people who got SF to still play BF2 regular and not deplete the player base as heavily.

buy it or dont, but if you dont, dont complain that people who paid for an expansion pack to the game get to use the new items in the game.  if its that big of a deal to you to not have all the options available to you that others do, suck it up and buy the expansion.  otherwise stfu, you have no right to complain about a pay to play system that you didnt pay for.  the guns arent horribly imbalancing like the hook/zipline would be, theyre just different and new.

if you reply to this trying to nitpick wordplay again im going to laugh.

Last edited by YitEarp (2005-11-28 14:53:15)

Mario-C
+0|6743|Wellington Nz
hmm the new weapons are no better than any other weapons just different,totally disagree with the g36e i much prefer the m16 , the scar-L is weak as ,the g36c feels better imho,likewise the mg36,mp7 is fun but again not that flash,give me a mk3 anyday.Perhaps the fn2000 is marginally better than the standard weapons.My 2 cents.
dshak
+4|6814
its not... everyone is blowing their wad because they think "NOOB TUDE WITH SCOPE!" it terribly innacurate, especially in full auto, does marginal damage, and the grenadge launchers SEEMS to have a much smaller splash damage. I'd bet half the people are just toobers who are upset someone else might have a better toob. not to worry, your toob is just as good!
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6745|The Island of Carls Jr.
Please dont think we SF ppl have more of an advantage.
1st of all ITS SOOO hard to use grapling hooks on places you people cant reach while we rain grenades on you
2nd of all you think its easy using flashbangs to blind you and kill you helplessly while you cant do anything about it?
3rd The new guns arent better, they just have great sights, accuracy, and looks....
SlickWRX
+6|6744

philbymaris wrote:

G day peoples...

I personally think that people with the expansion have an unfair advantage to those people like me who cant afford to go out and buy new shit the day it comes out.... meaning SF expansion in this case... i was playing and killing like usual then all of a sudden everything went white i couldnt see fuck all (flashed).. of course i was running around like a blind man on valium and i got killed... i personally think that people with SF shouldnt mix with us povety stricken bastards and they should have individual servers for SF and BF2 (if you own SF you cant access the new weapons on BF2 servers) let SF players play against their own and leave us alone.....

philbymaris
God I am so fucking sick of you people.  It's $30.  Its not like you have to sell a fucking kidney.

The SF weapons aren't even that fucking great.  Seriously.  They are just different.  Just picking one up does not make you the end all be all BF player.

Get a clue.
Fahrenheit
+0|6779
Didnt people moan when the last patch came out? about how unfair it was because all of a sudden everyone has unlocked weapons?...i have SF got it as an early xmas present from me bro in-law, yes i have the ability to use diff weapons and its a nice change. I like the fact that the engy can now choose a smg over a shot gun even though its not much better than the anti tank guys mp5 which i think should be changed, ok the DA12 is better at close range but a M16 for both would be a better gun, saying that though both classes have the advantage of taking out armour or air assets (helis land on AT mines sometimes) And please stop going on about noob tubers!! if u got it u will use it. I prefer the G3 anyway, maybe the assault guy should be given better armour (i.e. body armour) and the PKM is shite! cept for shooting helis with the G36 is far better at long range but thats just my opinion cos im shite with the PKM anyway. One thing i havent noticed is whether u get the tear gas in normal BF. I dont profess to be a great player ...i just enjoy the game as most peeps say its down to skill not what ur packing that counts!!! the playing field will level out again. Its like me complaining about having a crap graphics card and how those who own the best ones have an advantage! i manage to cope ..so will u guys....write a letter to santa...and just have fun....
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6744|Vienna- Austria

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

I like what this guy said.

Blame the "New and super-strong weapon" for killing you, not the guy using it.

I geuss people are a bit scared for the "unkown"
They get killed by a new sort of weapon and scream out, WTF IS THAT!?
That weapon is to strong!
No its not! Its just a weapon. You could still easily sneak up on me and shoot me with your pistol like the good old days, me carrying a uzi will not change Anything.
word.. finally someone said something useful

Last edited by [FIS]-Thor (2005-11-29 06:12:21)

[FIS]-Thor
+0|6744|Vienna- Austria

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER wrote:

1st of all ITS SOOO hard to use grapling hooks on places you people cant reach while we rain grenades on you
2nd of all you think its easy using flashbangs to blind you and kill you helplessly while you cant do anything about it?
3rd The new guns arent better, they just have great sights, accuracy, and looks....
and well u cannot use grappling hooks in normal BF 2.. u just can use em in SF... dont make em think u can.. or they will start seeing ppl using grapppling hooks one normal servers ..lol
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX
Get better with the tools you have at your disposal. Learn to overcome the tools that you do not have access to. Become better and more skilled. Overcome the disadvantage where you think you see it. If you can not then your only alternative is to save your allowance money and buy the game eventually. Until then practice to become better.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
philbymaris
+0|6736|Brissvegas AUST
HOLY SHIT...... what a response.... 30$ where the hell are u guys to by it for that price.....although i haven't been to check at my local laterly and im to busy raising and trying to pay for my family...(not all of us have the privilage of living at home with ya parents)....

anyways thanx for ya opinions, it shed light on obvisiouly a rather bitter issue.... oh and what the hell did that new patch for BF2 do?? the bugs are still there.....

i agree that EA/dice is sucking the consumer dollar out of us all.... and they dont have to do squat with the bugs but still they will soon realise that it will effect their profits if they dont do something cause eventually people will get sick of it...

Thanx philbymaris
skizzz
+22|6809|Moore, Oklahoma
I personally dont care either way, but I think of it as you are paying for cheats. You have more of a variety of weapons not to mention flash bangs which is really cool and get to use them in an original version doesnt sound right to me, but none the less Ill save my $30 and just pick up the kits off the ground .
BurlySmurf
+1|6755|Nellis AFB

philbymaris wrote:

i agree that EA/dice is sucking the consumer dollar out of us all....
When it comes down to it you have payed 18 cents an hour to play this game. That is nothing compared to other forms of media and other types of games (read MMOs) that will net you 274 hours of gameplay. If you want more unlocks and the "better" weapons fork over the 30$ and stock complaining. If you don't want to pay for the expansion then enjoy the game you have been playing for the past few months. It is still there.

If you enjoyed BF2 as much as I think you do then you will also enjoy the expansion. It is the same game with a bit more variety thrown in.
RDMC_old
+0|6737|Almere, Holland

philbymaris wrote:

G day peoples...

I personally think that people with the expansion have an unfair advantage to those people like me who cant afford to go out and buy new shit the day it comes out.... meaning SF expansion in this case... i was playing and killing like usual then all of a sudden everything went white i couldnt see fuck all (flashed).. of course i was running around like a blind man on valium and i got killed... i personally think that people with SF shouldnt mix with us povety stricken bastards and they should have individual servers for SF and BF2 (if you own SF you cant access the new weapons on BF2 servers) let SF players play against their own and leave us alone.....

philbymaris
that is exactly what EA wants! you have a unfair advantage.. you get fed up with it..and you buy the game.. they aren't exactly dumb there.. so.. and i dont care that there is a unfair advantage! because it paid 28 euro's for it!
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6737|Salt Lake City

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I don't care.  I think the mixing of SF and BF2 was a bad idea.  Whether the weapons are or are not superior is not the point.  I paid for BF2, and when I play BF2 I expect that I have the same possible options as any other player.  Obviously those with more play time and points have earned unlocked weapons, but I also have that option once I have also earned that level.  I shouldn't have to go drop another $30-40 to buy an expansion that I'm not interested in playing.

I don't give a fuck what you SF owners say.  When you have a group of people that have access to weapons (SF) not available to the general game populace (BF2) without buying an expansion pack, it does create an inequity within the game, so fuck off and let the flaming begin.
skizzz
+22|6809|Moore, Oklahoma
while we are at it can I have the Gunship from the BF1942:Desert combat mod hahahaha
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6759|Brixham, UK
A great player with a normal gun should always be able to overcome a good player with a better gun.
skizzz
+22|6809|Moore, Oklahoma

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER wrote:

I got to looking at point #3 and that doesn't make sense. Accuracy and better sights would make a gun better right?.... I think any gun that gives me better accuracy is an advantage.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard