TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6858|-
I like winning because it makes me feel big.

Also because I'm in the top 2,000 for best W:L ratio and I don't want to screw that up.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6736|Twente, The Netherlands
The only time I really care about winning is when I'm the commander... missing the 2x bonus with a few points sucks ass.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6695|United States of America
Winning is nice. I hate people who say "OMG your WLR is so low, you're not a team player!" If you actually make that much of a difference that you directly affect your teams performance, then you should get a win anyway.
YunDog
+6|6560

usmarine2005 wrote:

Winning is everything in any competitive thing you do.  I play to win, not to cater to the point whores who want fake badges and medals.
the problem is dude that losing usually means not having many flags - and that eqates to you getting spawn raped at you only flag or uncap - not fun - so yes I care about winning

wouldnt it be nice if dudes with very low or neg team scores got dropped - like idolers do

cept it would be - you have been dropped for being a lamer and your contribution to your team was 0
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6683|Colorado
I've never really cared if my side wins or not but I will try my best to get it to happen, & usually unless the other side has their shit together I turn it around & make a difference.
A round can come down too a ticket & did one time for me on mass destruction when a Hind came sweeping down after me, luckily I had my trusty rpg & he was smoking bad, he missed with all 8 of the rockets & the gunner seemed to be drunk, my rpg found its mark & we won. Yays! 2-0 tickets left.
In real life my rpg would have bounced off that hind armor & I'd be on a missile spit.
The_Jester
+52|6502|Italy
I care about winning, and I'm trying to get my w/l ratio back over 4.

About stats, I prefer a mediocre round ending in a win over a very good round, but useless.
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6715|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
Stats Make My E Penis Big Mother Fuckers!
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6709|NCFSU2
Too bad they do nothing for your real one.

Last edited by DeadboyUSMC (2006-08-16 19:31:12)

aLi3nZ
+138|6517|New Zealand
I prefer to win and usually try my best to cap flags and bring my team to victory but I don't really care. (That is as long as I get a gold at the end of the round )
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6530|Adelaide, South Australia

ChyneseGUY wrote:

i dont like losing for no particular reason, but if im having a good time then it doesnt really matter. All that matters to me is getting more kills then deaths, then i dont care if we completely owned the other team or we lost by 300-0. The only time i would care if i lost would be if i was actually working with my team and at the last 10 tickets or so i get swapped to the other team and lose. Now THAT really sucks.
dhoar4
Banned
+151|6546|Forest Lake, Australia
Nah, I don't really care about winning.  I see people all the times switching over at the last second just so they can get one more win added to the stats, but it's just not for me...I care about making General, and nowhere in the requirements does it say I need a certain amount of wins...

EDIT:  However, if the War College Ribbon was still the same before patch 1.3, then yes, winning would be important...

Last edited by dhoar4 (2006-08-16 20:24:21)

LivelyToaster
+60|6730|Sacto, CA
I care about winning. That's why I play in competitons with an organized team instead of playing in pubs with people who think that your mines are a powerup for their jeep.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6755|The Island of Carls Jr.
Which win matters most to BF2 players? Gold Star or Team win? Personally I only play to win myself because I never get a real team even a squad. Everyone plays by themselves in a way or 2 in any BF2 game, to me most ppl dont even really care about a team win. Me, I play to beat everyone and I'm sure some ppl think thats wrong but thats how I wanna play.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6727|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
I enjoy it when I win, but I care more about having fun than maintaining a uber W/L ratio.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6688|Middle of nowhere
I like to win, but i won't cry in a corner if i lose.  The only time i don't like to lose is when my team sucks so badly that we just get raped to hight hell.  But since that has happened like... twice in my 700+ rounds, it doesn't really matter

i actually think it's better to be on the losing team.  Takes more skill to beat back a spawn raping team than it does to spawn rape... wouldn't you agree?
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6629|Medford, WI
i care about winning because when you are winning a game by a lot, that means you are usually owning the other team and you can get guys to start swearing and leave the game and that makes me laugh
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6755|The Island of Carls Jr.
Well I hope I dont get flamed, but I hope theres a medal for stars. Like a certian number of gold, silver, and bronze stars will get you an extra flashy new medal. Back to topic, I mostly care about a personal win. I lose, I get mega-crazy, but if the guy wasnt a newb and had pure skill, and if he was a nice player on my team then I'd be ok with it.
kilgoretrout
+53|6480|Little Rock, AR
I don't care about winning, but it does drive me crazy when there are 10 snipers on my team not really helping the team out.  I have a lot more fun in a round that I lose but I'm in a squad that's actually involved in teamwork than winning but having a crappy squad or teammates that don't play as a team.
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6668|WPB, FL. USA
You missed the obvious before you posted this...  Human nature!
Everything is about winning and losing {getting the girl, a baseball game, the raise or promotion, living longer, etc.}.  Take it out of the game and it's no longer a game, or one that will be played to the degree it's being played now. 

Kaboom.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6692

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

After going through various posts about more complaining about how useless snipers are, I can't help going back to the same thought.

Why does everyone care about winning so much?

I mean, it's not like the games last that long so you can only play one every couple hours, or that your particular skill has anything to do with the outcome of the game, so why would anyone care if a little pixelated message came up telling you you lost? Is it the music? Do you think it says "omg teh US team was full of teh n00b sux0rs to the max"? Low on self-esteem? 90% of the games 40 players and up are decided by the strength of your vehicle drivers, (unless you have a truly good dedicated squad/clan on) and the infantry skill typically balances out anyways.

Who really cares if you have 20 snipers on your team, they are having fun playing the game as they want to , and it means more targets for you. People complain about unbalanced teams, snipers, noobs, bad commanders, unbalanced maps, anything and everything to pin the blame on someone for losing. Why? Doesn't affect your stats save for one ratio, little to none of your own skill is reflected, so why don't you jsut play the game to have the most fun you can and let others do the same?

Note to mod, perhaps this should be in the complain section after writing it, move if deemed neccesary.
Why care about winning?

The Challenge. Because the game is more of a challenge to try and pull of the win. The challenge is why I play the game, the challenge is what makes the game more fun.

The Tactics. Tactics to pull off the win. What can you do to beat the other team.

"Or that your particular skill has anything to do with the outcome of the game".

Yes it does, capping flags wins games 100% of the time( ie capping all flags, Defending all flags). If you skill is capping flags you will help the outcome of the game.

If you can get a good KDR you are helping win. Getting a 2 or 3 to 1 or higher KDR helps win games.

The over all game play becomes more fun when you play to win.

The game is about having fun right?

Having guys tk, bs commanders, having 20 snipers that are not needed, or just not try to work as a team does suck. And make the game less fun for some. Because others are not playing to win. This being a team based game.  Play any way you want to, its a online game there are going to be games that suck and games that are fun. You cant tell others how or what to play. And theres always the choice to DC and find another server that is fun to play on.

Why do others feel the need to TRY  and ruin others people fun is the question?
Do they feel they are "cooler" then others?
Is it there self esteem that is the issue?

I understand pubs are not league play. But league play comes with alot of B.S off the battlefield. As well as very small games, ie no 32 vs 32 or 25 vs 25.

Losing is part of the game, and like others I dont worry about a loss, and its still a good game when you lose a hard fight. But the objective is to win.

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2006-08-16 21:35:11)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6630|Mhz

usmarine2005 wrote:

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

winning means nothing, coming first and gettin a shiney gold star thats the real prize.
You sir are the reason the ranking system has failed.
Explain... so I killed the most people on the server and got a gold star... how does make the ranking system fail? surely thats what its for? showing whos done the most of whatever.

If ur gonna make a comment at least word it in a way that makes sense / explain what you mean. dont be cryptic it comes across as immautre.
ResDog1
+51|6776|Netherlands

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

After going through various posts about more complaining about how useless snipers are, I can't help going back to the same thought.

Why does everyone care about winning so much?

I mean, it's not like the games last that long so you can only play one every couple hours, or that your particular skill has anything to do with the outcome of the game, so why would anyone care if a little pixelated message came up telling you you lost? Is it the music? Do you think it says "omg teh US team was full of teh n00b sux0rs to the max"? Low on self-esteem? 90% of the games 40 players and up are decided by the strength of your vehicle drivers, (unless you have a truly good dedicated squad/clan on) and the infantry skill typically balances out anyways.

Who really cares if you have 20 snipers on your team, they are having fun playing the game as they want to , and it means more targets for you. People complain about unbalanced teams, snipers, noobs, bad commanders, unbalanced maps, anything and everything to pin the blame on someone for losing. Why? Doesn't affect your stats save for one ratio, little to none of your own skill is reflected, so why don't you jsut play the game to have the most fun you can and let others do the same?

Note to mod, perhaps this should be in the complain section after writing it, move if deemed neccesary.
Well maniac, that's where you are wrong... there is nothing more sweet than you and your buddies joining the team that received a beating last round and turning the odds around... having the so called 1337 players wiping the smug grin off their faces....

I think tha win is more important than the individual achievement... the fun is in playing together and in the proces trying to be the best men on the field... I'm not much of a lone wolf.

There is no medal that can beat the feeling of having helped your team achieve victory against a formidable enemy (meaning a non hacking / whoring enemy). Close battles are most fun....
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6705|Howell, Mi USA
I hate teams that play to win. What fun is it when your team caps all flags and the game is over in 2 minutes. I like the fun to last kuz i don't give a crap if the end game message says that i won or lost, big deal.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6840

Cbass wrote:

I hate teams that play to win.
I love opponent teams that play to loose
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6720|austria

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

Cbass wrote:

I hate teams that play to win.