Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6599|England

EVIL_STYX wrote:

There stalling the 1.4 patch, just so it comes out about the same time as 2142. After the release of said 1.4 patch 2142 will be here and they won't support BF2 any longer. All you can do is hope it takes care of so many bugs without introducing new ones. If it does have issues they will not get fixed because they will be devoting there time to 2142. It's a stall tactic so they can drop BF2 all together...

EVIL_STYX OUT!!!
Dont be a spaz 2142 is slated for a October release you really think Dice even though they fuck up often i going to make us wait 5 months between patches ??

1.3 came out 6/6/06 if they dont bring out paych 1.4 till October then thats 5 months of bullshit.

Get your facts right before posting inbred .
Karo6972
Syrup Man
+2|6814

LBC|Jester wrote:

Im not buying 2142.  All EA and DICE care about is releasing new content.  EA is all about expansion packs and new titles because that is what makes them the most money.  Why bother fixing a game when you can simply release another with the same problems.   I'll admit I still play Battlefield 2, problems aside the game is still fun.  However, Battlefield 2 will be the last game I purchase from EA.  Wanna know why?  Their track record for support.  Here is how 2142 will play out.  The game will be released, only the die-hard fans will buy it while a good majority sit aside and see how everything goes first.  A few more may drop down and decide to go ahead with a purchase.  Some people will hit the public forums and complain about glitches and problems.  DICE will work on a new patch.  The first patch will come out to only cause more problems.  Players will experience crashing to desktop and servers will fall victim to the crashing aswell.  They'll come out with a new patch and another and another that just can't seem to do the job, and while they are busy fixing the problems they created they'll make an announcement for a new expansion pack and some booster packs.  Why not spend all of your time fixing problems? Well creating new content is easier and it makes you more money, everyones a sucker. So think about this first before you decide to buy, are you ready for the same old shit?  Oh and lets not forget.  DICE themselves have said that Widescreen LCD support is "unlikely".  How many of you out there own a widescreen LCD for gaming?  Look at how many other games support widescreen.  DICE just cannot seem to get it right...so enjoy your heaping pile of shit called 2142.
Do you know why there are patches for almost EVERY online game out there?  It is incredibly hard to make a perfect game from the start simply because situations change, people seek out those glitches, and then it becomes necessary for the game developer to release a patch to remove it and change the gaming environment to the way it was meant to be played.  I know it may be hard to believe, but coding for such a game is an EXTREMELY complex thing... Just one error in a line can be the cause of a CTD or other glitch. When a patch comes out, it's actually pretty understandable that there will be something else found wrong in a short time.  Take the Karkand glitch.  That came with the introduction of vehicle drops.  Was it meant to happen? No.  Some idiot was screwing around and accidentally did it, then told all his friends...

As for widescreen LCDs... They aren't going to support them? What a shame... Do you have one???  Honestly, who all here has one?  I have a 17" box monitor thank you very much, and I don't plan to upgrade to a pointless "widescreen LCD"...
jord
+2,382|6697|The North, beyond the wall.
Why do they have patches?

You know in CSS were you got an automatic update?Thats better.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6664|Ohio

stryyker wrote:

1.4 will be a trailer for 2142, and then the .exe wipes your stats
nuff said
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
+62|6701|FIVE RIVERS OF HELL

Knight`UK wrote:

EVIL_STYX wrote:

There stalling the 1.4 patch, just so it comes out about the same time as 2142. After the release of said 1.4 patch 2142 will be here and they won't support BF2 any longer. All you can do is hope it takes care of so many bugs without introducing new ones. If it does have issues they will not get fixed because they will be devoting there time to 2142. It's a stall tactic so they can drop BF2 all together...

EVIL_STYX OUT!!!
Dont be a spaz 2142 is slated for a October release you really think Dice even though they fuck up often i going to make us wait 5 months between patches ??

1.3 came out 6/6/06 if they dont bring out paych 1.4 till October then thats 5 months of bullshit.

You sir, need to get your facts straight hillbilly AZZHAT! Why do you think they are taking so long retard?
They will release 1.4 just in time to where they will not have to put out another patch. The support for BF2 will go by - by. They release 1.4 supposedly around the 15 of this month which means they don't have to put out another one because 2142 will be here... You are seriously dazzed and confused my internet friend. STFU you have no flipping idea what your talking about.

Get out of the clouds and down to this little place most of us like to call EARTH. Not flaming the people in this thread just you...

EVIL_STYX OUT!!!
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE

Windrider_Melb wrote:

EVIL_STYX wrote:

Hmm... I think your wrong!

That says nothing about any support for BF2, thats talking about MOD's, which we all know comes out after the support STOPS.

EDIT: Who is that in your sig SLAM?

EVIL_STYX OUT!!!
I agree - that sounds like they are supporting content modders as the next stage of keeping the game alive cheaply. They might also see which mods get good feedback and package some of that content into another patch or set of tweaks. Kind of open-sourcing the content. Makes sense to me, but only if they freeze the codebase; any changes to the code might break "featured" mod packs.

Yeah who is she? ~ (drools)

\\'

Windrider_Melb wrote:

Even without the hypothesised timing of the patch I was about to say the same thing.

In my experience this much time testing a patch means that they are planning on making it the last one for a long time.

We'll see a little new content that is (hopefully) tested to destruction and is the left-over remains of an expansion pack that never reached maturity. Probably a lot of small to middling tweaks and fixes with most of the glaringly obsecene bugs, glitches and holes fixed-up adequately. Some of the most annoying but hard-to-fix problems will remain. I don't know what they will be as I haven't any experience in the code, but I'll guarantee that the developer working on this patch is optimising the number of bugs fixed per hour of work. This will be especially true if they are working to no fixed deadline (which happens) in which case they will be trying to keep a "fit-for-public-consumption" version as recent as possible - by focussing on fixes that take hours rather than multiple days or weeks.

If they do now have a deadline, as suggested, they might try tackling a few biggies because they know for sure how much time they have.

Remember, writing code is only part of fixing bugs. First they have to identify the "buggy" behaviour, then find where in the code occurs, then figure out what the code is doing, then understand why it is causing that behaviour, then try to fix it without breaking anything else or find what else they need to fix. It's not as easy as it sounds, especially if it is someone else's code (which it usually is, and they usually kept poor notes, and didn't check things into Clearcase very often etc etc).

\\'

EDIT: Since the deadline appears to be really close they have probably already frozen the code and are testing the patch installer.

Dusk_X2 wrote:

EVIL_STYX wrote:

Why do you think their taking so long? Their trying to work the bugs out and they WILL drop and not support BF2 any longer. They will have 2142! 2142 at $60.00 a box set or BF2 at $10.00 a booster, what do you think...

EVIL_STYX OUT!!!
I think your right, and it pisses me off. I want to play 'modern combat'. Not some freakin sci-fi bs!

Titans my ass!
Get your facts straight before typing off at the mouth Knight`UK nuff said, I would think... your a complete moron...

EVIL_STYX OUT!!!

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-08-14 16:54:14)

-MIKI3.
+70|6662|The Netherlands

Knight`UK wrote:

EVIL_STYX wrote:

EVIL_STYX OUT!!!

I'm pretty sure that AF came out on 6/6/6 and 1.3 a week earlier.

edit: yes 1.3 came out 23/05/06 so two week before AF

Last edited by -MIKI3. (2006-08-14 15:09:57)

Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6527|Bournemouth, South England
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27771

Confirmed in English, not through a translator...

MODlight seems like a cover for a scary plot...
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
That plot would be, like I have already stated is BF2 will not be supported anymore! We all know MODS come out after the support stops... 1.4 WILL BE the last patch... That would be the TRUTH ABOUT PATCH 1.4...

EVIL_STYX OUT!!!

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-08-14 16:55:36)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6694|Canberra, AUS

LBC|Jester wrote:

Im not buying 2142.  All EA and DICE care about is releasing new content.  EA is all about expansion packs and new titles because that is what makes them the most money.  Why bother fixing a game when you can simply release another with the same problems.   I'll admit I still play Battlefield 2, problems aside the game is still fun.  However, Battlefield 2 will be the last game I purchase from EA.  Wanna know why?  Their track record for support.  Here is how 2142 will play out.  The game will be released, only the die-hard fans will buy it while a good majority sit aside and see how everything goes first.  A few more may drop down and decide to go ahead with a purchase.  Some people will hit the public forums and complain about glitches and problems.  DICE will work on a new patch.  The first patch will come out to only cause more problems.  Players will experience crashing to desktop and servers will fall victim to the crashing aswell.  They'll come out with a new patch and another and another that just can't seem to do the job, and while they are busy fixing the problems they created they'll make an announcement for a new expansion pack and some booster packs.  Why not spend all of your time fixing problems? Well creating new content is easier and it makes you more money, everyones a sucker. So think about this first before you decide to buy, are you ready for the same old shit?  Oh and lets not forget.  DICE themselves have said that Widescreen LCD support is "unlikely".  How many of you out there own a widescreen LCD for gaming?  Look at how many other games support widescreen.  DICE just cannot seem to get it right...so enjoy your heaping pile of shit called 2142.
Gee, you're going to get really, really bored. The other software publishers are either being taken over by EA or nowhere near as productive.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6599|England

EVIL_STYX wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

EVIL_STYX wrote:

EVIL_STYX OUT!!!

You sir, need to get your facts straight hillbilly AZZHAT! Why do you think they are taking so long retard?
They will release 1.4 just in time to where they will not have to put out another patch. The support for BF2 will go by - by. They release 1.4 supposedly around the 15 of this month which means they don't have to put out another one because 2142 will be here... You are seriously dazzed and confused my internet friend. STFU you have no flipping idea what your talking about.

Get out of the clouds and down to this little place most of us like to call EARTH. Not flaming the people in this thread just you...

EVIL_STYX OUT!!!
Thats what i expected from a big mouth yank who cant even play the game your stats are shocking ,and yet you presume to know all about the game .

I suggest you stfu and work on playing the game m8 before you flame any more and post anymore crap posts about a game you know lil about .

If you read you actual first post again what you have posted since makes lil or no sinse .

You said patch 1.4 will come out same time as 2142 which then you turn round and said differently afterwards.I really do think you should re-read everything here first again before posting flame/whine and sending pms to people giveing them insults.

Last edited by Knight`UK (2006-08-15 03:43:59)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6694|Canberra, AUS
Evil_styx, I have to say, but you truly are a fool.

The majority of the code in this patch has been on many computers for many weeks now. EA has made an announcement that the patch will be released in FIVE HOURS. Not too long a wait, is it?

And with your 'mods' statement, well, I haven't heard tell of a game which had an influx of mods after the support 'stopped'. As far as I know mods come out every now and then, though some good ones (DC) take a while to create.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ozzie_johnson
+98|6677|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
yay yet another sledging of ea or dice topic!!!!
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
Both of you are complete idiots Sparks and Knight, If you think they will continue to support BF2, well there not going to! You two, Go live in your little dream world, and the rest of us will be here on this place called Earth. We will also deal with the fact that support for BF2 is coming to a abrupt end.

They, as I already know release this patch today and have made us wait months for it, not FIVE hours like you imply Sparks. The reason they took so long is so that the timing is just right to where they will not be in a position to put out another patch or even care to do so, because of why? 2142 will be here in a mater of months. THEY USED A STALL TACTIC ON 1.4 SO IT WILL BE OUT IN JUST THE RIGHT TIME TO WHERE THEY WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO PUT OUT 1.5!!!

Go Back To what ever Cloud that you two came from...

MOD's kind sir ( Sparks ), are a way of keeping the community alive for a short while AFTER SUPPORT STOPS! You obviously have not been a part of many on-line games!  Go back and read the post where in it says that EA is pretty much turning it over to MOD's!

Knight UK you sir have a comprehension problem, I said " they will release said patch AROUND the same time as 2142. I never not once changed up on my point ( idiot ). I did not say this patch comes out on the 15th and so will 2142 the same flipping day. I would say that you sir are the one who needs to go back and "re-read!

Lets go ahead and break it down for your very evidently small brain to comprehend- The point I would be trying to make is 1.4 will be the last patch you and your undisplayed, im sure, shitty looking Stats will see out of EA ( period ).

I must also add that I have not flamed anyone but you and you sir started the flames. What would your point be about me knowing "lil" anyways? Please enlighten me with your theory on this, seeing as your the same F**KING rank as I am! Don't go looking for flames unless you want some, you can't flame someone and then say you need to read your stuff before you flame. I would say your a complete moron, you make that point by yourself!

About not making sence in my posts, every one of your posts on this thread do not make any sence at all and you can't even spell to boot. About what I know about this game, I would say I know a hell of allot more than you do about it. You have made that point yourself as well... You are the only one on this entire thread other than Sparks that is in some kind of denial about what is about to take place.

Now, both of you if you would please remain on topic or don't post... Thanks in Advance once again for doing so. The OP by the way is "The Truth About Patch 1.4", hope that brings both of you up to speed...

EDIT: By the way Knight`UK I most certainly am NOT your M8!!

ozzie_johnson - we where DEBATING patch 1.4 and no one has sledged EA or Dice yet!

EVIL_STYX OUT!!!

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-08-15 19:25:26)

delta_III
+4|6645|Carrollton, Tx
Evil styx quote:

"About not making since in my posts, every one of your posts on this thread do not make any since at all and you can't even spell to boot."

LoL you made fun of someone not being able to spell and you misspelled the word "since" twice in the same sentence you made fun of him in. That is downright retarded. Does that make any "sense". Or does that make any since sound better? Well at least you didn't spell it like "cents."

+1 karma if you find this engages your interest to a marked degree. Or engages a whimper of entertainment.

Col. MOJO Delta_III
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
LOL delta, so I did, just got in a rush I guess. I just can't stand it when your debating something, someone goes to flames and then they come back with you shouldn't be flaming me! It makes me laugh.

+1 back at you delta!

EDIT: I changed them does that look better? by the way a whimper of entertainment!!!

EVIL_STYX OUT!!! ( because it pisses people off )

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-08-15 19:29:06)

Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6651|Derby, England

This thread has gon on for time now i will not stand for personal atcks on people here or any contry, if you wana be kids go in playground and play there if you can't discuss this like normal adults thread closed.

Peace Boris

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard