Kimosabe-sa
+11|6687|Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Hey ppl, i have been thinking about getting a MACBOOK. here in South Africa they are insanely expensive! like 25,434 rand a pop...3,744.23 USD So its mad!
I was wondering if any of you guys have one and if so is it worth getting one?
diglow~Flow
+32|6624|British Columbia, Canada
you can get a nicely running desktop for that price and would run anything...
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

You could get an awesome desktop for that price..
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Kimosabe-sa
ALready have the awesome desktop, but arent the editing software and the ease of use make up for the price?
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6554
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes eys yes yes yesye yes yesye yesy yes yes yes yes yes yes yes...macs are way easier to use and its rare to see one crash....i have one...my brother has one my parents EACH have one...theyre great...if something goes wrong which occasionaly it willl...its something besides the computer....get it
Kimosabe-sa
Hmm ok, thats it i will get one!.

Just a question, it seems that the american ones are far cheaper, is there any way that i can have one shipped from the US to SA. Maybe another site?
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6554
apple.com ?????
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6748|Chicago.

=W=GeneralSherman wrote:

apple.com ?????
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6624|Los Angeles, California, US.
Get A PC Laptop, Cheaper, Better, Unless you have something you specificly need to do with a Macbook.

Last edited by DaReJa (2006-08-13 13:02:43)

Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Kimosabe-sa
But do Apple.com Deliver to South Africa?
Kimosabe-sa
I would go for a PC laptop, but over the years i want to do something different with my computers, and i am also starting a course in Film and design
will180
Power Lurker
+27|6665|Jacksonville, Florida

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

Hmm ok, thats it i will get one!.

Just a question, it seems that the american ones are far cheaper, is there any way that i can have one shipped from the US to SA. Maybe another site?
<sinatra voice>
IT'S ON EBAAAAAAAAY!
</sinatra voice>
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6692|San Francisco
A MacBook Pro is a great machine.  If you are in school, head over to apple.com and get an educational discount.  You'll be able to run OS X and Windows on it seamlessly, so you'll have all the benefits of both systems.  They are really fast, have good graphics for a startup system, just make sure to up your RAM to 2GBs as soon as you can.

The Universal versions of Final Cut Studio and Shake run circles around my Dual 2.5GHz G5 production system on the MacBook Pro.  You won't be able to run native Adobe apps yet, unfortunately, as Adobe is taking it's sweet time with Universal builds, though you can run everything that isn't Intel-native through OS X's Rosetta emulation.  You take a speed hit, but everything still works.

Try different reseller websites like macmall.com if you are looking for more pricing options.
Kimosabe-sa
Thanks guys, given me alot to think about
TC><Injecter
+4|6826|Berlin, Germany
Its quite great. AND: you will be lucky to get a new revision without all the problems the first few MacBook Pros had (like he whining ...).

BTW: Are you getting the 15" or 17" ?

What I almost forgot to say: Get more RAM!!! Its errr... essential to have 2GB BUT dont buy them in BTOrder. Apples RAMprices are err CRAZY. No warranty is void when you get your own and put it in the slot there in the battery bay.

Although the graphics unit is a x1600 its clocked to x1400level. So its not amazing but ok. BUT Mac OS X is amazing...

Oh yeah: Leopard is coming out in spring so you might wait till then for not having to spend $100 again for getting Leopard. AND probably Apple is making a Core 2 (Merom) version of the MacBook Pro right now and err just waiting for getting less Core (Yonah)s selled. So I would wait till Leopard &/or Core 2 came but I already have my MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz.
GR34
+215|6543|ALBERTA> CANADA
i would say get that mac thay are good computers. except 4 the fact that that cant play sweet games like bf2 4 instance
TC><Injecter
+4|6826|Berlin, Germany

GR34 wrote:

except 4 the fact that that cant play sweet games like bf2 4 instance
Now they can... Transgaming is getting Cedega ported (commercial WINEthingie) and Boot Camp is there to boot with windows (Leopard saying hi) and Parallels is also there for other OSes.
Kimosabe-sa
Well i am still in the Information gathering stage, but  you've given me loads to think about. I think i will wait a bit to buy one. But i will do as you said,and not buy the RAM from apple.

Was talking to someone from Apple today and they say that there is software enabling you to play pc games, but i will have to look into it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard