=WTE=MasteRMattY
+1|6723
Does any one kno if they are likely to reduce the 400hr time for the tank badge in 1.4?

Its a bit silly being 400hrs as you gotta be way too dedicated to either get it- why did they up it in 1.3 anyway?
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6735|Oslo, Norway

=WTE=MasteRMattY wrote:

Does any one kno if they are likely to reduce the 400hr time for the tank badge in 1.4?

Its a bit silly being 400hrs as you gotta be way too dedicated to either get it- why did they up it in 1.3 anyway?
too make firestorm feel special...
Madiz
is back
+26|6758
heheheh NICE  one
https://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/Madiz991/signa.jpg
=WTE=MasteRMattY
+1|6723
nah seriously?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
Armor was the only expert badge that they did not lower the requirements for in 1.3.  All the experts used to be 300-400 hours.
REDRAGON12345
Banned
+71|6675
Well if you think about tanks are in ever map! I mean euro and A fury had TONS of tanks Their are not jets or helis on ever map but ever map has tanks!... So if you go for it its not THAT hard..Sure its hard but its and expert right???
=WTE=MasteRMattY
+1|6723
100 hrs and 60 kills in a round would sort the men out from the boys... 400hrs is a very long time, its not down to skill
Slam
+74|6637
i think they should lower it to 320 hours caz 400 is crazy. and caz i want that badge.
MECtallica
+73|6506|jalalabad
its too high considering many people havent even played 400+ hours

and I doubt anyone who has played more than 400 hours, have been in the tank 95% of that 400+ hours...
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6811|Marathon, Florida Keys
why dident they reduce the veteran requirement for armor down to 50 hours with the rest of them? its the only keeping me from general
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6734|Germany, near Koblenz
Yes, the tank times should have been reduced too (similar to heli I suppose). I don't think that they forgot armour, to my mind it was intentional to push EF and AF! But 400 hrs are way to long and prevent a lot of soldiers to start the hunt for the badge. Perhaps they recognized their failure now and correct it with the patch.

Same applies to the pistol badge which should have the same reqs as the knife badge. They wanted to get rid off all those lousy padder servers but repaired just one badge. Silly!
=WTE=MasteRMattY
+1|6723
Its a bit unfair that you can be awarded exp heli & and exp avaitor at 150hrs and the tank award is 400hrs, i been playing fairly hardcore for a year and im not even halfway to it...  we likes a challenge but its crud. I also think it was to push sales of af as well.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6551|UK

I think it is something to do with the fact armour is far more accesible, e.g on dalian, theres 2 jets and 2 attack helis per team.  But tons of armour, I dont have an exact figure but its something like 10.

But still, keeping it the way it is means armour is the ONLY badge that requires dedication to acheive, n umm skill?
drbrianfields
+4|6559|Ohio, USA
I think everyone saying they should lower it fails to see that it's an EXPERT badge.  I know that just trying to earn my service ribbons and working towards my veteran that I've seen improvement, but I can't imagine that at 100 hours I would be worthy of being called an expert.

If you could get all the expert vehicle badges in only a couple hundred hours playing time, then the sense of acheivement would be shot to hell. 

I l ike that I can earn badges easier that requirements have been lowered a couple of times, but if they made it too easy I think it'd be worthless to get them.  They are  distinction from the new players, and the players working their way up the ranks... not something that should be given out like a prize in a cereal box.
(WC)KtheC
+9|6713
One thing with the Expert Armor Badge.
Once you have reached all the requirements, you have to make the final
24 kills in a tank.  An APC wont work, neither will making the kills in both
combined.  Tank only. 
I just got my Expert and it would only work in this fashion.
Von_Dog
+0|6517
if u have played 400 hours in a tank then 24 kills should be easy.
why not 250 hours and 50 kills?
morphman001
+9|6563|Melbourne

Von_Dog wrote:

if u have played 400 hours in a tank then 24 kills should be easy.
why not 250 hours and 50 kills?
Exactly...thank u
viper139
+1|6541|Cologne - Germany
I think raising the bar for the expert tank badge would be OK. 40 kills can be archived way to easy. If I stick to the tank for the whole round I get 40 on a regular basis. I had 50 just a couple of times and 60 just ones (and I have not seen many with 60 kills at all). So raising it to 60 would show skill - 400 hours just shows endurance and lot of playing time (which I do not have...). Besides you need to tank whore all the time.

But to cut it short - Expert goes for 250 and 40 + PLATIN goes to 60 kills (without time limit).

So lets make up the platin badges and put in 50-60 kills as the aim - we would have very few around having it.

Good Shooting

Last edited by viper139 (2006-08-15 05:31:16)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6551|UK

Platinum badges would look to similar to veteran ones.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6748|Mexico City
STFU u lazy bastichs, thats why is called EXPERT. With 400 hours played inside a tank you can consider yourself expert. You dont want to spend 400 hrs?, somebody else will. Go back to CSS.
silentone22
+9|6554
I think most of the badges have pretty outrageous time, but then again, i don't have an uber amount of total hours yet, so i guess it's different for me.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

drbrianfields wrote:

I think everyone saying they should lower it fails to see that it's an EXPERT badge.  I know that just trying to earn my service ribbons and working towards my veteran that I've seen improvement, but I can't imagine that at 100 hours I would be worthy of being called an expert.
I agree.  But, the point is that there are some "expert" badges that any unskilled player can get and some that are way out of reach for very experienced players ... it would be good to increase some requirements and lower others so that the level of difficulty is similar between the badges.

Frankly it is hard to really call these expert badges:

Too Easy: Knife, Ground Defense (because of artillery), Air Defense (because of artillery).

some expert badges that are appropriately labeled "expert"

About Right: The kit combat badges (because of time), Explosives, Command, Engineer, First Aide, Resupply, Aviator, Helicopter

and, there are some expert badges where I imagine the skill level stopped advancing WAY before the requirements are satisfied ... these are overkill:

Too Much: Armor (200-250 hours would be sufficient), Pistol (250 kills?), Transport. (ugh)

Last edited by OrangeHound (2006-08-15 09:08:49)

=WTE=MasteRMattY
+1|6723

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

STFU u lazy bastichs, thats why is called EXPERT. With 400 hours played inside a tank you can consider yourself expert. You dont want to spend 400 hrs?, somebody else will. Go back to CSS.
i have been able to hit in the 50-60's regularly with a couple deaths ever since i started playing bf2 my skill level has remained like this regardless of the time i have played in a tank. i fail to see how i will be any better in another 250hrs tank time or 18months of playing. like previously mentioned thats just endurance not skill. How can players be called expert in a jet or heli @ 150hrs and not a tank? anwser me that... if you can't do that go back to css....
Orgtheone
+30|6664|The Dark Side Of The Moon
yea its too long i only need 5 more expert badges then i have em all but i wont be getting the Armour i hate the shit

Last edited by Orgtheone (2006-08-15 09:16:09)

Rumfuddle
+14|6720

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

You have 1320 hours logged?!  I don't know whether to be impressed or horrified.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard