Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6755|Mark it zero.

FFOLKES wrote:

_The.Don_05 wrote:

When whoever crashes the black hawk how are you going to make it look like a crash without it blowing up? It would look a bit lame if the Bh just landed.
VIDEO

EntertaineR_06's mailbox was full so I decided to post this here.  As you can see the wrecked BlackHawk remains after the crash and explosion.  I am still working on getting the fire/smoke to remain on the wrecked BlackHawk as it does already on the two downed static helos on the map.

FFOLKES
if you have your own map that you can edit, have a version of the map without the static BH so you can crash that one, then go to a different camera angle and be on a 2nd map with the static BH.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6493|Melbourne

yeah i agree that sounds good, to make it even better you could be kinda behind a building and not fully see the BH crash, this would make it easyer to change map.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6511|Melbourne, Australia
Someone mentioned rapelling from the Blackhawk...

Can you make a Blackhawk model into static scenery - like the F18s in Iron Gator - then use a Grapple, climb to the top and hit jump? From most angles it'll look like rapelling.

\\'
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6652
count me in I can be one of the terrorists lol
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6697|Devon, England
for the rapelling part, you can do it an easy way:

have camera focus on people in the chopper,
sum1 says repell out or watever,
the camera then moves to a bit wer its just pointing at nothing, with say a crane above it, and then people throw the hooks down and slide down, passing thru the camera shot, making it look like they are repelling from the blackhawk.

hows that?
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6590|England

FFOLKES wrote:

_The.Don_05 wrote:

When whoever crashes the black hawk how are you going to make it look like a crash without it blowing up? It would look a bit lame if the Bh just landed.
VIDEO

EntertaineR_06's mailbox was full so I decided to post this here.  As you can see the wrecked BlackHawk remains after the crash and explosion.  I am still working on getting the fire/smoke to remain on the wrecked BlackHawk as it does already on the two downed static helos on the map.

FFOLKES
Heh. You know I didn't even notice that, +1 for correcting me.

FFLink13 wrote:

for the rapelling part, you can do it an easy way:

have camera focus on people in the chopper,
sum1 says repell out or watever,
the camera then moves to a bit wer its just pointing at nothing, with say a crane above it, and then people throw the hooks down and slide down, passing thru the camera shot, making it look like they are repelling from the blackhawk.

hows that?
Yeah I say that sounds good, so we would just need someone to make a mod where the Usmc has grapples as if we was to put in the sas, seals or any other Special forces team they would look completely different to the previous soldiers that were in the helo.
FFLink
There is.
where using SF stuff anyway, so im sure some tweaking in the .con files will giv em grapples.
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6552|England
if u look on warlord there is a BlackHawk on fire on that map
FFOLKES
+39|6769

Richard2000 wrote:

if u look on warlord there is a BlackHawk on fire on that map
There already are two crash sites in the map.  These are static objects like the one you observed. 

Want I want is to make the crash/explosion look real when the chopper goes down.  Currently the smoke/fire disappears after it is wrecked.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6750|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
there was no fire OR smoke when the bh crashed in bhd
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1

blademaster wrote:

have you SEEN black hawk down?

these are SOMALI millitia. no terrorists. :@
Entertayner
+826|6577

-]Eucalyptus[- wrote:

there was no fire OR smoke when the bh crashed in bhd
Apart from the thick black smoke coming out of the tail when the BH goes down.. That's what you meant right?! Work on the 2nd beta of the mod and also a server to run this mod is underway and we should have some more news within the next week.
FFLink
There is.
sweet...
DesertFox
+4|6476
I can help do a little bit of editing and acting

PS: Get on XFIRE
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6645|Montreal, Qc, Canada
need the timezone.... but ill be in this shit for shure, i like when a project is done perfectly !
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6696|Tampa Bay Florida
I'm in.. if you're still takin spots

I could be the n00b Ewan McGregor played who kept missing the jeep with his M203

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-08-12 22:49:02)

GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6484|San Diego, CA
1 question. Are you planning to put Little Birds in?
Defiance
+438|6677

I would love to see a rendition of "Navy Seals" instead of "Black Hawk Down."

Serisouly, Charlie Sheen owns your asses.
FFOLKES
+39|6769

-]Eucalyptus[- wrote:

I think you will be pleased with the final release...

Screenshot

Note:  I haven't finished with the skins but wanted you to know that it will look like the Somali militia.
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6484|San Diego, CA

FFOLKES wrote:

-]Eucalyptus[- wrote:

I think you will be pleased with the final release...

Screenshot

Note:  I haven't finished with the skins but wanted you to know that it will look like the Somali militia.
Wow! great job so far!
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6652

-]Eucalyptus[- wrote:

blademaster wrote:

yeah well I'll be a Somalian terrorist aka militia  hehehehe I'll be the main black guy from the movie, or the one who starts burning tires when the the chopers start showing up

Last edited by blademaster (2006-08-12 23:38:08)

-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
You can be muhammed adin. you know, the guy not seen in the whole entire movie. LOL jk

and I meant there was no fire or smoke when the bhd crashed (past tense)(on ground and not moving). When it crashES, black smoke comes out tail, i'll give you that

and i'm glad you made the skins so nice. gj!
Evil Lemon
+1|6726
Yea i'm in, love the book, love the movie
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6484|San Diego, CA

blademaster wrote:

-]Eucalyptus[- wrote:

blademaster wrote:

yeah well I'll be a Somalian terrorist aka militia  hehehehe I'll be the main black guy from the movie, or the one who starts burning tires when the the chopers start showing up
Or you can be that little kid with the cell phone! XD. But Ill ask again, are you planning to put in little birds?
[KS]RECON
+35|6568|E 2/351 Camp Anaconda
I always wanted to be a movie star ... hello HOLLYWOOD i am coming, LOL
I am in

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard