MT_Androo
Banned
+122|6477|The Suburb at Karkand
Ok i have a keyboard thats just called Dell and its black i was thinking about buying a new keyboard a gaming keyboard like the logitech g15 should i buy that or tell me other good gaming keyboards
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6681|Canada Eh?
unplug the keyboard and use the MS Keyboard feature that requires you to use your mouse on a little keyboard that appears on the screen.
MT_Androo
Banned

Vampira_NB wrote:

unplug the keyboard and use the MS Keyboard feature that requires you to use your mouse on a little keyboard that appears on the screen.
ok wtf is that?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6526|Montucky

Vampira_NB wrote:

good call.
MT_Androo
Banned
Plz thats not what i meant i mean a keyboard like g15 and all that
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6756|Mark it zero.

MT_Androo wrote:

Vampira_NB wrote:

ok wtf is that?
go to start, programs, accessories, accessibility, on-screen keyboard.

by the way, he was joking. i've heard the g15 is nice for bf2, but i like using the regular keyboard. if you set it up right then its perfect.
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6517|Minnesota eh

MT_Androo wrote:

Plz thats not what i meant i mean a keyboard like g15 and all that
y pay money when u could have on ON screen for FREE?
MT_Androo
Banned

Kamikaze17 wrote:

MT_Androo wrote:

Vampira_NB wrote:

ok wtf is that?

by the way, he was joking. i've heard the g15 is nice for bf2, but i like using the regular keyboard. if you set it up right then its perfect.
what do u mean set it up right like macros
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6786|Long Island
oh please just give the damn guy advice!

I have a z-board and I like it.  I almost bought the g15 but i didn't wanna spend so much money (the g15 is the one with the Display on the keyboard right)

another good one is the saitek eclipse.  I like that as well.  The keys are aligned really nicely and it has a slim look to it.  Plus it has adjustable blue LED lights for playing in the dark.  You can turn the lights Bright, Medium, Low, or off.

hope that helps.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6756|Mark it zero.

MT_Androo wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

MT_Androo wrote:

ok wtf is that?

what do u mean set it up right like macros
no, not macros. just assigning the right commands to the right keys. (i.e. where you put jump, crouch, fire, etc....)
MT_Androo
Banned

Slickdawg8 wrote:

oh please just give the damn guy advice!

I have a z-board and I like it.  I almost bought the g15 but i didn't wanna spend so much money (the g15 is the one with the Display on the keyboard right)

another good one is the saitek eclipse.  I like that as well.  The keys are aligned really nicely and it has a slim look to it.  Plus it has adjustable blue LED lights for playing in the dark.  You can turn the lights Bright, Medium, Low, or off.

hope that helps.
THX 1+ i was just waiting to hear that

Last edited by MT_Androo (2006-08-11 20:28:46)

x.:Shackleton:.x
Quick on the draw...
+33|6551|the land of plenty
The logitech's advantage is the use of the 18 "G keys" where you can set up macros.  There is a little display on the keyboard, but who is going to take their eyes off their monitor to look at a 4 inch screen.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ … NTID=10717
OpsChief
+101|6684|Southern California
The G15 ain't bad with the Gpad and mode keys. But the keys wear out too fast. The fancy glow-in-the-dark feature is made by painting over clear keys and the most used keys are all unreadable glowing boxes now. It also takes alot of space, almost 22" wide.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6646|Montreal, Qc, Canada
it is a keyboard..... you dont need a good keyboard to be a good gamer... the mouse yea maybe laser etc.. bus keyboard ummm okay .... except if you want some special feature on your keyboard
MT_Androo
Banned
lol ok im getting the g15 i need macros so i can be like Volx lol jk just want a new gaming keyboard thx for advice guys
InnerMonkey
+62|6726
Stick with the Dell keyboard and buy a Nostromo N52 or maybe that similar thing Saitek made.  Either will be cheaper than the G15 and you won't have to live with the fact that you paid 70 bucks or so for a freakin' keyboard.  You'll get gaming comfort and useability, but no whizbang lights and lcds that you shouldn't be looking at anyway.
MT_Androo
Banned

InnerMonkey wrote:

Stick with the Dell keyboard and buy a Nostromo N52 or maybe that similar thing Saitek made.  Either will be cheaper than the G15 and you won't have to live with the fact that you paid 70 bucks or so for a freakin' keyboard.  You'll get gaming comfort and useability, but no whizbang lights and lcds that you shouldn't be looking at anyway.
Money isint a problem with me im getting the g15 http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ … NTID=10717 is that awesome or what?
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6758|Chicago.
I've got the same Dell you probably have. Its reliable, easy to use, and will last a long time.

The only keyboard I'd look at, would be an ergonomic keyboard. They are a challenge to learn to play with, but its cool none the less.
InnerMonkey
+62|6726
I'll vote for 'or what'.  No offense intended of course.

I do hope you enjoy the G15 though.  I tried a friends and didn't like the feel of the keys.  I just couldn't type as fast on it.  I'm somewhat oldschool though, so it may be that is my actual problem. 

To each his own, but I don't consider it awesome.  Once again, I'm not knocking your decision, just stating an opinion.  It's a 70 dollar keyboard, which is just too much of a waste in my eyes.  I'm using a 5 dollar keyboard and the N52, so That's about 35-40 bucks for both.  That still leaves money for a decent mouse (mx518 is what I'm picturing).  I type by touch, so I have no reason to look at my keyboard while playing or working, and would think that it would be a detriment to do so.  I can't even see 1/2 my keboard b/c I don't pull the tray all the way out.  The best use I can see for the G15 is RTS style games where macros are handy.  Other than that, it's got a lot of bling factor I guess.

BTW, have you used that 'Fang' doodad that the zboard folks make?  I love the Nostromo speedpad, but always looking for something even better for the RSI in my wrists (what prompted me to try the Nostromo series in the first place).  I'll have to look at it in a store sometime.  35 bucks direct from them, but I'd never buy an input device (or speakers, or monitor etc) without touching and seeing it first.

Good luck with the new keyboard!
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6588|Melbourne, Australia.
Its a bloody keyboard...
Defiance
+438|6679

I've got the g15 and I like it very much.

I've also heard great things about the microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000.
OpsChief
+101|6684|Southern California
hey Monkey how do you like that nostromo? I've been lookin at it lately, do you still use your keyboard for anything? Nos and mouse or?
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6588

MT_Androo wrote:

Ok i have a keyboard thats just called Dell and its black i was thinking about buying a new keyboard a gaming keyboard like the logitech g15 should i buy that or tell me other good gaming keyboards
Get one that has a period button.  Punctuation is your friend.
InnerMonkey
+62|6726

OpsChief wrote:

hey Monkey how do you like that nostromo? I've been lookin at it lately, do you still use your keyboard for anything? Nos and mouse or?
I love the Nostromo.  I used the n50 from when it was first released, got the n52 when it was new, and continue using it happily.

I use the n52 and mouse combo almost exlusively.  So far, all I ever use the actual keyboard for in gaming is entering/exiting games.  In the actual game, there's no need b/c the mouse and n52 have plenty of buttons.  Once I got past the initial learning curve, I couldn't imagine not having it.

I'm interested in actually touching the Saitek PGC to see if I'd like it better.
Stealth_Bain
+19|6505|England, United Kingdom

Vampira_NB wrote:

like to see him play bf2 with the ms keyboard!! lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard