seaweedspit13
Banned
+23|6481|doncaster uk
whats the point in sayin cause loads of snipers will go to the best place, so if ur a sniper you will be hunted down easier so people will know where u are, u pratically giving urself away
Defiance
+438|6670

seaweedspit13 wrote:

whats the point in sayin cause loads of snipers will go to the best place, so if ur a sniper you will be hunted down easier so people will know where u are, u pratically giving urself away
Not everyone can be everywhere.
seaweedspit13
Banned
+23|6481|doncaster uk

Defiance wrote:

seaweedspit13 wrote:

i know but the snipers might aswell tell us where there gonna be
Defiance
+438|6670

seaweedspit13 wrote:

Defiance wrote:

seaweedspit13 wrote:

Well that's what also makes people a good sniper. I see your point, but most people who can make a decent shot already know what spots to look for.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6540|Doncaster UK
to get to the best sniper place in the whole game when you load up all you have to do is press Alt F4.........and whammy your there!!!!!its a glitch try it!!!

on a more serious note, it all depends on how the match is playing and turning out, ie. you could be in the best sniper position yet the rest of the match is else where on the map and you dont get to shoot shit!!

best move for a sniper is shoot and move!!!!

Last edited by mavrick 3399 (2006-08-11 00:30:15)

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6637|Montreal, Qc, Canada
wake island... you go in the front of the carier, and you jump in the water....
Crypto_420
+25|6842|Portland
I like the Rambo tatic, up close and personal.   Everyone likes sniping at wake from the island,  fuck that.  I go right up the trails with my men  example....

https://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1455/promotiontoltcolonelbf1.th.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

seaweedspit13 wrote:

Defiance wrote:

seaweedspit13 wrote:

I've only mentioned the more obvious locations so that the newer snipers-to-be will try them out.  Bonus for us counter-snipers.  Case in point.  I mentioned the roof of the ramp building just before the TV Station on Sharqi.  I now regularly see snipers up there.

But in general, the best spots are not specific locations, but situations of opportunity.   Like sneaking behind enemy lines when the enemy has there back toward you.  You can take out a whole advancing squad this way, taking out the stragglers one by one.  Stay way just a bit from the action so the UAV will not give you away and the commander will be too busy with other areas.   Works wonders as semi-auto PLA on Wake.

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-08-11 11:23:56)

dont_be_ss
+312|6592|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

Defiance wrote:

seaweedspit13 wrote:

depends on how far you can see
Altophish
+8|6499
There is that one place on that one map where you can see everyone and they cant see you.  I like to do my sniping from there!

But if I find you in my spot....well you can imagine what I'm going to do.

Find a new sniping spot.
HerZeLeiDZA
+1|6534|South Africa
There's no real "best" spots. It depends on the flow of the battle.

Last edited by HerZeLeiDZA (2006-08-11 21:13:17)

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6637|Montreal, Qc, Canada
IN the hotel while playing karkand HAHA best spot ever no one can kill you i promise!
CHOESMOWL
+0|6480
Actually u dont really need a good spot to snipe well. I always check those sniper spots if im as inf or armor and i drop bombs/nades/clays there too so i never stick to one spot for long. I move around like any other infantry capping flags etc. I prefer to snipe anything that moves for getting kill assists and hunting any stationary or slow moving targets like LMGs, TOWs, medics at work, supports that go prone to shoot and of course those snipers who always appear in their same spots.) For me it does not really make a difference how much of ur body can be seen it mostly makes it easier for headshot since u snipes dont expect me to see u and show only ur head^^. My tactic in sniping is to always stay in movement unless i fire that ONE SHOT. First I spot sth. then I get behind some corner/cover (could be anything tank, infantry, wall etc)  then hop out and headshot (or at least damage 95%) and get back in cover for preparing the next shot. I dont even waste time on getting prone. If someones going prone firing at me he often catches his headshot without killin me. Needless to say such tactics do only work with good bolt action such as the m24 and l96a1 and maybe sometimes the M95.

One last thing...

The one spot on wake (not reserved for snipers^^) is the chinese UAV trailer. Ive been there camping for more then 10 minutes without beeing spotted. It works great for sniping with the m95 but as well with any other gun (just use one shot mode) cuz you can always find someone waiting for choppers, planes etc. and they usually dont even check the UAV trailer after getting killed.

Last edited by CHOESMOWL (2006-08-11 22:02:58)

jjgrant
+0|6474

dont_be_ss wrote:

go on a 64 player wake only server. be u.s and snipe from behind the arty at the far end. ive had hundreds of kills from there. it's very hard for other snipers to hit you and even tanks!
yep thats the nicest spot as the arty legs seem to hide you well, i love it

Last edited by jjgrant (2006-08-11 22:04:05)

iceman785
+93|6671|Alaska, mother fucker.
A great sniping map in general is Songhua Stalemate, the grass color blends perfectly with your Ghilli Suit and the trees give some cover from different areas where people would normally run up and knife you.  I personally have a spot for each spawn point if not multiple spots for each one on that map.  I get spotted and shot after awhile, I move to spot 2.  Also that map is very easy to defend yourself with claymores while sniping, many spots have 1-2 areas you can only come through to get to you, and if you're well hidden, they're gonna wanna get close so they can see you easy.  Clay up those small areas and let the kills flow in I'm a bitch and I won't tell anyone my spots, I also have many spots for many maps cept stupid Highway Tampa...
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6462|meh-land
On wake island, if you go under the carrier you can sit there and snipe at people and they'll never find you!

yeah it'll work, but good look seeing anyone to shoot.  I can see someone with hax trying it though, i'd imagine water doesn't affect bullets at all as you aren't intended to be able to shoot through water
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL
A bush, any bush, that matches your ghille suit.

People always chech rooftops, windows, and cranes for snipers, but nobody looks in a garden.

Ive gone 18-0 on Oman just hanging out in a patch of shrubs on the side of the road.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6708

iceman785 wrote:

A great sniping map in general is Songhua Stalemate, the grass color blends perfectly with your Ghilli Suit and the trees give some cover from different areas where people would normally run up and knife you.  I personally have a spot for each spawn point if not multiple spots for each one on that map.  I get spotted and shot after awhile, I move to spot 2.  Also that map is very easy to defend yourself with claymores while sniping, many spots have 1-2 areas you can only come through to get to you, and if you're well hidden, they're gonna wanna get close so they can see you easy.  Clay up those small areas and let the kills flow in I'm a bitch and I won't tell anyone my spots, I also have many spots for many maps cept stupid Highway Tampa...
hello 1 year old thread
ยป You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6756|06-01

TehMyke wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

hello 1 year old thread
lol yeah! oooold thread here...
-|TS|-owNzu7
+6|6418
Well, I consider myself a pretty good sniper, nothing compared to dont_be_ss of course, but I can outsnipe most of the w00kies...   And I don't use spots really, I am an assault sniper.  I have gone 70-2 with the m24.  and I went 44-3 in a CAL match with the SVD.  So I'm more of a assault sniper
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6146|Texas
https://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/4pas/dalian2.jpg?t=1184645086

If you can get between the two floors, this is a very very good sniping spot. Example, on Dalian you pretty much own the fuck out of the guys at Main Entrance, and on Dragon at the PLA airfield with the M95 (for obvious reasons )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard