HeadShotAK47
Hand's shaken' / Heart's beatn' / Still Shootin'
+32|6737|Ft. Laudy, FL, USA
Can anyone give me ideas about how to obtain the veteran explosives ordinance badge? I've tries everything from running around with C4 to suicide bombing and still cant get past 15 kills (i need 23). I need some other personal strategies. please help. :/
OUROBOROS
+0|6769
for Explosive/Knife/Pistol the best way to just play the best you can as normal. but, instead of taking that easy kill if they dont know that you're there. get in there with whatever badge that you're trying to get. spending a round with whatever you're tryign to get you end up dying more and end up really tanking your ratios hard, trust me.

-but all in all up your sneakyness. go the long ways to get behind unsuspecting squads.
-dont try to get the kill if youre chancing it. just shoot them down then move on theres always another guy around the corner.
-play a good footer map karkand, sharqi, mash doesnt really matter though. you just need the current map to have a base where the front line is current drawn to a stalemate at. (hell i got my first 2 knife badges at the garage in a 32 player fushe pass while they were using it as their front line spawn against incoming vehicles.)
- use choke points and places with high traffic. running in circles while 10 guys shooting each other not know who to shoot at is a hoot. not smart... but still (except pistol. lower traffic the better. surprise is the key for pistols)
- jihad jeeping is frowned upon. if you can do it and not blow yourself up needlessly then thats skill.
- playing non full servers gives you extra tickets but you have less heads to kill so its a trade off but it does help. if youre playing well( not going balls out with only the badge weapon) and only using opportunity to get the badge kills. you find out that you didnt need all the extra tickets anyways.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6791|Alabama Coast, USA

OUROBOROS wrote:

- jihad jeeping is frowned upon. if you can do it and not blow yourself up needlessly then thats skill.
That's what I always try for... but I'll bet it's even easier in SF, with the ATV, those suckers are fast (and no squad mates hoping on, with you trying to explain that it's rigged to blow).
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6752|FUCK UBISOFT

i jihad jeep

it's not "frowned upon"
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
OUROBOROS
+0|6769

Miguel diaz wrote:

i jihad jeep

it's not "frowned upon"
its noobish if you cant survive. usually it leads to ramming and carelessness that leads to rampant teamkills. wasted lives are wasted tickets.

the badge is in the bag but i still dont think it was worth all the accidental teamkills.
NamelessMarine
+0|6746
I hate when I'm in a squad with a leader who Jihad jeeps.  I like to spawn with my leader if at all possable and alot of times I spawn when he's in a jeep or buggy...rigged to blow... x_x
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6773

Just today I got all three of those badges. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. For me the trick was to ONLY use those weapons, not resort to guns for any reason.

Explosives: Easy, you just need to learn the quick detonate trick on c4. Basically throw it and as you are
backing away, quickly right click and left click. This will detonate the bomb even mid air. I died a lot doing it but hey, I'm just going for a badge here. There's a post here with a video of the technique, do some search for C4 and stuff, and you should be able to find it. It's the only way to do it.

Pistol: I would snipe people, and if it wasn't a 1 hit kill, I would just pull out my pistol and finish them off. Easy pistol kill, no need to get close at all. I tend to rush into spawn points though, even with sniper kit, so just rush and shoot at will until you kill them. Key thing, shoot into them as much as you can.

Knife: Karkand, just ran around with knife trying to kill people. Particularly works when you come around a corner and no one is expecting you. The key thing is don't switch to any other weapon, and just hope they don't kill you before you knife them. Diving and then knifing helps a bunch. Just stick it out, you'll get it.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6785|NRW,Germany
On Iron Gator today I got about 25 kills with C4 but as the server for some reason fucked up all awards that I should have gotten I still don´t have that friggin badge...

The MEC had the Aussichtsplatform (don´t know the english name for the flag next to the AA) so I went from Flightdeck under that flag and threw my C4 up and detonated it right into the MECs faces. After I used my C4 I tried to cap the flag but as no teammate was around I got killed and so I repeated this several times.
~THE_LOTUS_POD~
+2|6757
u be non USMC and have a buddy with a dummy account hey ur buddy bring u the BlackHawk, u put c4 on it and have him take it to the ship and load up on soliders and when its time he tells u thru global chat a secret word or thru Teamspeak and u get 5 or 6 kills each time
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6757|The United Center

~THE_LOTUS_POD~ wrote:

u be non USMC and have a buddy with a dummy account hey ur buddy bring u the BlackHawk, u put c4 on it and have him take it to the ship and load up on soliders and when its time he tells u thru global chat a secret word or thru Teamspeak and u get 5 or 6 kills each time
lame.  get some skill.
~THE_LOTUS_POD~
+2|6757
hey im good its just he asked for easiest way and i got mine on my own my friend actuly told me that today
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6858|-

~THE_LOTUS_POD~ wrote:

hey im good its just he asked for easiest way and i got mine on my own my friend actuly told me that today
That's called stat padding. You better hope no one reports you or your stats are gonna be wiped clean.
~THE_LOTUS_POD~
+2|6757
i havent done it my friend told me cant u read
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6858|-

~THE_LOTUS_POD~ wrote:

i havent done it my friend told me cant u read
Apparently you can't read.
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6755|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol
It's cheep but....

Claymores+Karkand+first flag chokepoint where all MEC people go=minimum of one kill per death, average of 2, and a nice go of 4, and a SWEET run of 12. (thats if a supply man is following you. But seriosuly. Just find gorups of people with claymores and start running. It passes the time niceyl if before each run you type:
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS

~THE_LOTUS_POD~ wrote:

Show this to your friend-

Dude. WTF. MY way of getting the expert badges is 50 times less cheap than your way of getting ANY of the badges. At least I still have to work my ass off to get expert badges. People get smart within 5 minutes and learn to stop walking into the claymore infested area. Your way, within 5 mintues you have 50 C4 kills.  But the hard work is worth it to get the shiny gold badges. Knife was hard. DAMN hard. Your way is the pussy way you godam statpadder.
Pussy....

Last edited by n1nj41c l337ne55 (2005-11-27 20:33:22)

Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6791|Alabama Coast, USA
Right on, right on.

BTW... I know I got my Basic Explosives without any TKs... and I either did with the Veteran, or got very few.  I haven't tried for Expert yet, though I think I have enough globals.

Basic I did by C4'ing friendly flags on Dragon Valley...  just a little behavioral prediction to try and guess which flags were soon to be cap-attempted by the enemy, and then find a good hiding spot.  Helped to have a CO who responded favorably to "Requesting supply drop, here." coms.

Veteran was on Karkand, with a mix.  A bit of C4 flag protection, as well as the usual tank kills, and some throw-and-blow at infantry (though I never got the hang of the insta-detonate trick consistantly... it was mostly things like throwing around a corner, or a flag they were caping, and having to wait for the trigger to come out).  I always watched the mini-map for friendlies in the area, and if I had any TKs at all, it was 1-2 for the round  (which was long), but got a few accidental self-kills, and even more of throwing, and getting shot dead before I detonated.  I may have jeeped some kills once or twice, but that tactic is really only necessary on bigger more open maps.
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6851
go to a a  full karkand server, and the first flag is always a hotspot... put c4 on those corners and watch enemys fly like fireworks
OUROBOROS
+0|6769

GotMex? wrote:

Just today I got all three of those badges. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. For me the trick was to ONLY use those weapons, not resort to guns for any reason.
get the golds first before you you throw around advice. going balls out is works up to the vet badges, but doesnt work so well for the expert. for 23 kills they wise up pretty early in the round. theyll know what youre doing when they see you, and you get toobed soon after they see you.

i got mine legit. no tricks, no jeeps, no pads. accept no substitues! if you dont want to play the game i dunno why you bother. just a little effort goes a long way, and you learn a lot of good tactics in the process.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard