TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6818|-
So who has seen this kick-ass movie? I loved it so much I made a signature from it
FoodNipple101
I like grapes.
+1|6729
I have and its awesome
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6749|Long Island
I saw it...it is a kick ass movie.  LOVE IT!!! RECOMMEND TO BUY IT. its on dvd now
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6749|Long Island
hey foodnipple...i recognize your name.  have i every played with you that you remember?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra
yeh i downloaded it the other day, spec affects are pretty kick ass, all around good flick.
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6778
Terrible...I like the story, but they could have gotten much better actors.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6808|A Small Isle in the Tropics

Its really awesome.. big  screen.. DVD doesnt do it enough justice..
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6808
The special effects where great.  To bad the characters sucked ass though.  I wanted all three main characters to die horrible deaths.
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6778

Burning_Monkey wrote:

The special effects where great.  To bad the characters sucked ass though.  I wanted all three main characters to die horrible deaths.
Smart man.

I thought I was the only one annoyed at the dialoge.

Little Girl - "Dad what is that?"

Tom Cruise - "I don't know"

Little Girl - "Dad who are they, where did they come from?"

Tom Cruise - "I don't know..."

A monkey could have taken a shit, wiped it's ass on a piece of paper, and called that a script and it probably would have been better.
Kirks
+0|6818|Portland, OR USA
I saw it and loved it.  Trigger you sig was on of my favorite scenes from the movie.

I heard that the stars from the 1953 version cameoed in it, but I missed them.  Anyone else here this or catch the cameo?
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6808

oJmHo wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

Smart man.

A monkey could have taken a shit, wiped it's ass on a piece of paper, and called that a script and it probably would have been better.
I wanted the son to die impaled on a firery pole.
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

I thought it was an awesome movie all around.

oJmHo wrote:

Smart man.

And you think this is bad script, but if you think about it, if huge alien machines came to earth, that's what the little girl would probably say and that's how the dad would probably reply.
OUROBOROS
+0|6729
its a good movie.

its the just the character depth was really shallow. i expect better from spielberg. camerawork and visuals were vere really good though. if it wasnt for spielberg this would have tanked. a good director cant save a bad script... but then there are the few great directors.
=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6738|Canader , eh?
it sucked.....felt like a bad copy of singhs 2 me
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6710

Slickdawg8 wrote:

hey foodnipple...i recognize your name.  have i every played with you that you remember?
I remember foodnipple. You ran me over with a car before in BF2. We were also in the same squad.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX
I actaully loved War of the Worlds the remake. Having seen the original which was horrible even for a classic black and white. The original radio show was actually quite freaky if you think about it. The musical version of the radio show was humerous. There were a few scenes from the radio show I really wish they had included in the remake. There is one scene where an HMS Destroyer (as the story is set in England) steams in between an Alien walker and a Ferry trying to cross a river. It opens up all its gun on the walker and doesn't hurt it and gets slagged protecting the ferry for just long enough for it to land on the other bank and everyone get's off to safety. Stuff like that I wish they had left in. But all in all it was a good film.

There is only one part I didn't like. The teenage son survived. There was no reason why he had to survive. He went running over that hill as if he could have did jack or squat and he should have died in this attempt to be a hero. The story would have not missed a beat and the reunion at the end would have been a mix of happiness and grief. Lose a son and save a daughter. Would have been a much better ending.  As for Tom Cruise's character, even though the actor may be a psychotic nut, I think the character wasn't that bad at all.

My 2 cents.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

^ Yeah, they definitely could have killed the son. After he ran over that hill there was a big explosion and like everyone died. He should've been killed.
FSFGrimes
+1|6712
All the cinimatic elements made the movie great, aside from the dialogue which was on par with Star Wars Episode 3 and MTV show Laguna Beach. The son could have died but that would completly go against the summer hollywood action flick tradition, "likable characters shouldn't die" how many summer blockbusters featured one of the good guys dieing in the end? It just doesnt happen.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX
That's the problem with American movies. European movies don't have issue with killing characters to fit a good story. American movies seem to want everyone to survive or at least the hero/heroin.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6718|The United Center
the ending also seemed very rushed.  it was as if they had enough film to shoot two hours worth of a movie, then an hour and 50 minutes in, they realized they hadnt shot the final scenes yet.

a great movie, but the ending just seemed rushed to me.
FourStars
+1|6710|Australia
special effects were brilliant, but the movie was a load of absolute shit!!

i mean, how shit could the ending be? not much worse i doubt
GTemx
+0|6694
i haven't but it looks sick
i read the book though
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6753|The Hague, Holland

Homeschtar wrote:

I thought it was an awesome movie all around.

oJmHo wrote:

Smart man.

And you think this is bad script, but if you think about it, if huge alien machines came to earth, that's what the little girl would probably say and that's how the dad would probably reply.
Dude.. If I saw a alien machine zapping people infront of me, I'd probably reply lke this :
AAAAAAH OMFG WERE GONNA DIE
And run like a crazed moron.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

was suggested on netflix

Last edited by Steve-0 (2017-04-22 20:34:31)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Fun fact: War of the worlds was filmed in my hometown. The bridge that is destroyed in the movie is the Bayonne Bridge.

The film studio approached my parents about filming scenes in their home by they declined. Sad!
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard