Poll

Should there come a European (Union) Army?

Yes.55%55% - 61
No.44%44% - 49
Total: 110
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!
+44|6600|Europe and goddamn proud of it
So should the European Union establish a European (Union) Army?
Please discuss.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6725|California

no. an army of different languages composed of different countries would not function properly.

besides, who are you gonna have that would be willing to fight? England? Germany? FRANCE?!?
Ryan86th
+14|6507|Ohio
i agree with stryyker
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!

stryyker wrote:

no. an army of different languages composed of different countries would not function properly.

besides, who are you gonna have that would be willing to fight? England? Germany? FRANCE?!?
Luxembourg
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6725|California

Reaxzion wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Luxembourg
my mistake
SwampDog
+12|6476|Luton, England
It`s a nice idea, but No.  There`s to many country that dislike one another.

That and everyone would just be arguing over who should lead.
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!

stryyker wrote:

An army of different languages can function properly, just look at Belgium or Switzerland.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6725|California

Reaxzion wrote:

stryyker wrote:

An army of different languages can function properly, just look at Belgium or Switzerland.
one mistranslation of a word could lead to the deaths of a thousand men.
JG1567JG
+110|6594|United States of America
I don't think it would work for the same reasons as Stryyker said about languages.  A N.A.T.O. like orginization might work better.
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!

stryyker wrote:

Reaxzion wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Indeed, good point, that's what happend to the Belgian troops in WW I. The Dutch-speaking soldiers (the Flemings) didn't understood what their French-speaking officers (Wallonians) were saying, causing them to make wrong actions..

Last edited by Reaxzion (2006-08-10 16:36:35)

SwampDog
+12|6476|Luton, England

Reaxzion wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Yeah but Switzerland are always neutral and Belgium is just crap.

I don`t really have any real justification for calling belgium crap, i went to Brussels once and it was really Boring. And they put pickled cabbage on my hot dog! I mean come on... CABBAGE.. PICKLED... ON MY HOT DOG...
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!

SwampDog wrote:

Reaxzion wrote:

stryyker wrote:

I don`t really have any real justification for calling belgium crap, i went to Brussels once and it was really Boring. And they put pickled cabbage on my hot dog! I mean come on... CABBAGE.. PICKLED... ON MY HOT DOG...
I don't agree with you calling Belgium crap.
SwampDog
+12|6476|Luton, England

Reaxzion wrote:

SwampDog wrote:

Reaxzion wrote:

As i said, I don`t have any real justification for calling Belgium crap.
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!

SwampDog wrote:

Reaxzion wrote:

SwampDog wrote:

As i said, I don`t have any real justification for calling Belgium crap.
I know, and I replied : I don't agree with you calling Belgium crap.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6849|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Belgium makes some fine wepaons, without the Belgians there wouldn't be any M249!
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!

PBAsydney wrote:

Belgium makes some fine wepaons, without the Belgians there wouldn't be any M249!
The FN P90 is Belgian too?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6587|SE London

stryyker wrote:

Italy and Sweden.

It wouldn't be a European Army as such, it would be more like a more tightly linked version of NATO without the US.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Reaxzion wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

The FN P90 is Belgian too?
Yep, FN Herstal is a Belgian arms prdocution company.

Europe has many countries with powerfull armies
Germany, UK, Sweden and I think Ukraine has some kind of a good army aswell.

Plus we have the best tanks, Challenger and Leopard ftw!
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6695|Tampa Bay Florida

stryyker wrote:

Reaxzion wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Are you five or something?  Have you ever even been to Europe?  You have the reasoning of an adult retard or a 5 year old. 

They're not as foolish as you think.  In fact, you're a fool for thinking that.  While it's not real life, remember that 2 of the best guns in BF2 are German made.  Many more, too.

Since you've already proven your stupidity, you do know that most Europeans speak at LEAST 2 language, right?  Even the worst General wouldn't be as stupid as to mistranslate a word, b/c one, he would probably speak the language, and two, there's a 100 percent chance someone in their unit spoke it too. 

If I were European, I'd be pretty fucking offended.  More offended now that I'm from the same country as you

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-08-10 16:56:12)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6587|SE London

SwampDog wrote:

It`s a nice idea, but No.  There`s to many country that dislike one another.

That and everyone would just be arguing over who should lead.
No they wouldn't - the UK would lead it (France would argue about it, but they'd lose the argument 'cos they're French).

It would be great to get the US out of European Security issues.
JaMDuDe
+69|6783
The french would be the backbone of the european union army because they can finish wars before they start.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Spearhead wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Reaxzion wrote:

Are you five or something?  Have you ever even been to Europe?  You have the reasoning of an adult retard or a 5 year old. 

They're not as foolish as you think.  In fact, you're a fool for thinking that.  While it's not real life, remember that 2 of the best guns in BF2 are German made.  Many more, too.
BF2 guns:

M249 - Belgium
G3 - Germany
F2000 - Belgium
L96A1 - UK
G36C - Germany
G36E - Germany
G36K - Germany
MG36 - Germany
L85A1 - UK
SCAR-L - Belgium
SCAR-H - Belgium
MP-5 Germany
P-90 - Belgium
MP-7 - Germany

And some I might have forgotten.

EDIT: What the fuck have you got against france? (Other then being so ignorant and not bothering with other languages than french) Have they ever offended your grandmother?

Last edited by PBAsydney (2006-08-10 16:58:53)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6695|Tampa Bay Florida

Reaxzion wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Reaxzion wrote:

Indeed, good point, that's what happend to the Belgian troops in WW I. The Dutch-speaking soldiers (the Flemings) didn't understood what their French-speaking officers (Wallonians) were saying, causing them to make wrong actions..
Uh ya, they were still using Zeppelins, Bi-planes, bolt action rifles, tanks that moved a 2 MPH, and horses to carry messages in WW1. 

I think times are a little different now.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6725|California

considering a joint space mission failed due to a metric-imperial miscalculation, the margin for error during war, especially with orders, is too great to overlook.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
It would all work if all of europe would make english mandatory as second language. But guess what, some countries are just too ignorant (Frenchies mostly)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard