Community Modder
+93|6679
SoC./Omega
+122|6543|Omaha, Nebraska!
i hope so.
>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6558|An Hour North of Indy
link not work??? oh wait, its just my computer that sucks...

Last edited by >LOD<Dougalachi (2006-08-09 15:36:27)

ilyandor
+31|6691|Phoenix, AZ
Q U O T E : "...There will be an announcement about the 1.4 release this Friday...."

N O T E : quote "AN ANNOUNCEMENT", so not a release.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6697|The Ville
Could be true, +1 for the find.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6709|67.222.138.85
Yeah, could be a release, probably not. My guess is a full decription of changes, like the other patches, with 10+ major items listed.
defaultPlayerBF2MCSF
+4|6485|Pennsylvania, U.S.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Yeah, could be a release, probably not. My guess is a full decription of changes, like the other patches, with 10+ major items listed.
Yep, it sounds like it's going to be an announcement where they explain what they've decided on what to put into the final version of patch 1.4.
lt-grumpy
+3|6688|Smoke me a kipper...
Just to add a bit more to it..

Mish796P wrote:
An announcement on Friday saying the 1.4 patch will be released soon... yay! Then we can wait another couple months.
By Colin Clark:
I think you will be pleasantly suprised.
Fingers crossed.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6551|San Diego, CA, USA
My bet:

"BF2142 BETA will be released later this month.  The 1.40 patch will come out then.  Those who have BF2 can buy BF2142 because we're not releasing another patch for BF2.  Enjoy."
l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6675|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Better be soon
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6795
Big fucking wow.  An announcement is coming tomorrow.  Christ, you guys are worse than the fucking press, getting hard-ons because someone is going to say something on a given day.

Wake me up when the patch comes out.
Larsson
+2|6529|Hamburg, Germany
"To be able to download patch 1.4 you must beforehand buy BF 2142 via ea-downloader. Please keep proof of purchases of BF2, BF2:SF, BF2:EF an BF2:AF at hand to register."

sigh.oops, I just woke up, just abad dream.

Right?
ilyandor
+31|6691|Phoenix, AZ

aardfrith wrote:

Big fucking wow.  An announcement is coming tomorrow.  Christ, you guys are worse than the fucking press, getting hard-ons because someone is going to say something on a given day.

Wake me up when the patch comes out.
nerds.
Brasso
+1,549|6633

Oh damnit, you got to it before me....
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Brasso
+1,549|6633

Larsson wrote:

"To be able to download patch 1.4 you must beforehand buy BF 2142 via ea-downloader. Please keep proof of purchases of BF2, BF2:SF, BF2:EF an BF2:AF at hand to register."

sigh.oops, I just woke up, just abad dream.

Right?
rofl i hope not....but i still will buy 2142
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
lt-grumpy
+3|6688|Smoke me a kipper...
Looks like it may have been a hoax..

EAUK_Sentience
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To our knowledge this information is not accurate. ********** (name removed), if you faked that post, doing so again will result in a week long ban. We view disinformation posts like that in a very dim light.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6675|Colorado
ouch , figures.
I don't know why everyone is so hopeful, they EA/Dice is gonna drop us like a hot potato. Just like every other game in history where people think things are going to get better because they care about their customer. They care until they get the money then they just pretend to care.
At most they will be like community this is your game now, you can make all the patches you want .
Look at the shit over at SOE, Sony straight up fucked all their loyal customers by turning it (SWG) into a completely different game that had no relevance to the last one, thus whipping out years of work for some.
1.4 is a myth, they are stalling till 2142 because they cant fix it, if they could don't you think they would have by now? They are gearing up for another 58 million copy release, thats the stats EA cares about while company's like dice simply change their name. we got owned.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6571

lt-grumpy wrote:

Looks like it may have been a hoax..
There was one hoax in the thread, that's why Colin Clarke did post a real statement:

I suppose I should be flattered to have some one spoof a comment by me.

Though I am a little sad they did such a poor job of emulating my communication style.

Worth a good laugh while working late so Cheers for that! Though seriously.....a patch release on a saturday?

There will be an announcement about the 1.4 release this Friday.
The hoax was this posting:

Originally Posted by [DICE]CKMC

Hey Guys, just want to give you an update on the hotly anticipated 1.4 patch, well we have everything we wanted in the patch and it works as it is suppose to "gives gasp of relief" and i am confident you will all love it.

As for the release date, well we are planning to get it out to you guys before the 12/08 so get ready for it soldiers!

[DICE]CKMC, over and out!

Last edited by fierce (2006-08-10 09:39:11)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6551|San Diego, CA, USA

TrollmeaT wrote:

ouch , figures.
I don't know why everyone is so hopeful, they EA/Dice is gonna drop us like a hot potato. Just like every other game in history where people think things are going to get better because they care about their customer. They care until they get the money then they just pretend to care.
At most they will be like community this is your game now, you can make all the patches you want .
Look at the shit over at SOE, Sony straight up fucked all their loyal customers by turning it (SWG) into a completely different game that had no relevance to the last one, thus whipping out years of work for some.
1.4 is a myth, they are stalling till 2142 because they cant fix it, if they could don't you think they would have by now? They are gearing up for another 58 million copy release, thats the stats EA cares about while company's like dice simply change their name. we got owned.
Well...they can only expect 57,999,999 with me out of the picture.
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6636|England
Probably an update of all the extra nerfs they are adding.
-MIKI3.
+70|6646|The Netherlands
I've had enough of this forum...moving on to totalbf2

noob whiners, bye bye
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6700

-MIKI3. wrote:

noob whiners, bye bye
bye, you won't be missed
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6673|The Netherlands

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

-MIKI3. wrote:

noob whiners, bye bye
bye, you won't be missed
who was he anyway?
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6734|Peoria, Illinois

Nessie09 wrote:

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

-MIKI3. wrote:

noob whiners, bye bye
bye, you won't be missed
who was he anyway?
Must be someone advertising that website.
ComradeWho
+50|6697|Southern California
this is the announcement where they explain that they "regret to inform the battlefield community" that the patch isn't happening.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard