TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6845|-

HURLEY wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

HURLEY wrote:

right, my friends computer is brand new 3 GB of memory and just magically started crashing after that patch.......
I hope you realize that the difference between 2 GB of ram and 3 GB of ram is... nothing. You have useless components which cannot be utilized by the game.
i have 2 and his is faster than mine, he may have other things nicer, but im not certain what he has.... but it still crashes as often as mine.
Then either there is an issue with your hardware and accompanying software, or there is something seriously wrong with your PC. Let's see the last time I crashed in BF2 was... before 1.3
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6639|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

topthrill05 wrote:

Those were the days cyborg.
they still are for some of us
Stags
+26|6653
Why does anyone need 3gb of RAM?

I have a 3.0ghz Pentium4, with ATi Radeon X600, 1GB of Ram, 100gb hdd @ 7200rpm.  BF2 runs fine, I crash every now and then but its usually my fault (I know what crashes BF2).   Also, I'm assuming you're talking about it CTD-ing.

Does the saying, "Caveat emptor" come to mind?  Let the Buyer Beware.  Also, another quote comes to mind don't know who said it but I remember it from when I was younger, "If you try to make everyone happy and love you, then everybody will hate you."  Meaning, you can't make everyone happy, people are too different for that.

Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
+14|6673|Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
Trig man, thank you again, i have the same response the only time I EVER crash is when the whole server goes down. and i only have 1GB of ram, granted its Dual Channel but still. and a run a single 6800GT with an athlon 4000+ with everything on high and AA, try cleaning up some of ur pr0n or do a disk defrag/cleanup and clear out ur cache, temp internet files, etc.
pX|SithLord
+22|6722|Germany
trigger you should get an award for this post this had to be said, since bf2 is a great game even with the bugs etc... (show me a pc game without bugs... difficult, huh?)

we got a great game for our 50 euros / dollars / whatever, and the huge mass of people playing it is a good proof that it isn't as bad as some people always claim...

and the sentence about the condoms ... n1
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6519

haffeysucks wrote:

zFeinT wrote:

+1 for logic
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713
bf2 gets CTDs if your timings are tight
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6639|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
TriggerHappy998

You Have Been Awarded: Topic Of The Month Medal

This medal is awarded to those who have excelled in the field of posting a worthwhile thread that aims to silence whiners and nubs.
Skill: Excellent
Truth: Outstanding

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-08-09 17:10:02)

topthrill05
+125|6575|Rochester NY USA
He gets pie right?
pX|SithLord
+22|6722|Germany

spawnofthemist wrote:

TriggerHappy998

You Have Been Awarded: Topic Of The Month Medal

This medal is awarded to those who have excelled in the field of posting a worthwhile thread that aims to silence whiners and nubs.
Skill: Excellent
Truth: Outstanding
you stole my idea cool text
you left out all the roe crybabies
sharpshooterr17
+0|6468

Des.Kmal wrote:

Defiance wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

no?
And people wonder why you get banned... amazing.
who wonders? i sure as fuck dont.

ugh... now i have to explain myself.

i categorically agree with the statements Trig made.

He says that, in a sense, no one is entitled to their opinion. In a sense, all I'm saying, is the same concept, I disagree with multiple facts "if u dont like them, dont play their game" i can play a game and not like the company who made it.

patches were bad? that i dont know, i havent been playing long enough to know.

where di u get ur sources? on the companies loss and all, with the 5000 employees being fired?
This kid has a point, I mean, what is the sense of "I don't like this company" compared to "I disagree with someone"?

Where are all the sources on the EA employee loss? I would like to know also.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6845|-
I admit that 5,000 is a little high, because it was a typo. I meant to type 500.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/worldw … 152184.php
Chuckles
+32|6545

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I see a lot of people talking about how since they buy the game they have the right to complain about it if it doesn't work properly. Okay, how does it not work properly? Are you dying too much? Or maybe you don't get the medals and badges you want quick and painlessly? Please shed some light about it not working properly. The fact that the game crashes on occasion is not a good argument here seeing as how it's YOUR computer's problem, not the game itself. If it works flawlessly on their computers, then the only problems that come up have to do with shitty PC's that need an upgrade. That or people don't take care of their PC's which cause these problems.
Speaking for myself only, when I say you have a right to complain if you buy something and it doesn't work properly I'd say the red name tag bug is an example of the game not working.  And since they have never fixed that particular issue but have issued several patches, I'd say there were issues that they themselves considered to be "not working". 

For instance, here is a list of "bug fixes" from EA's website that were fixed by the 1.03 patch alone.

BUG FIXES

- Fixed physics of vehicles against soldiers so that soldiers are not
   killed so easily by moving vehicles.
- Fixed a physics issue that can cause you to be stuck when falling into
   shallow water
- Fixed an issue with soldier armor when spawning on a squad leader in a
   vehicle
- Fixed some objects that caused vehicles to take massive collision damage
- Fixed erroneous message stating that you punished a TK when auto-
   punish is OFF on the server.
- When a vehicle explodes due to external forces, the driver is no longer
   mis-credited for the kills.
- Added turret movement sounds to several vehicles.
- Fixed an issue that caused crosshairs to stay on the screen when
   switching camera views.
- Fixed an issue that caused the time limit status of the server not to be
   sent to clients when it is changed by the server.
- Fixed server setting sv.allowExternalViews.  Setting this to 0 will
   disallow external views.
- Added setting for interfaceIP to the server launcher
- Changed automatic TK banning to ban by cd-key instead of IP address

etc...

Last edited by Chuckles (2006-08-09 17:55:44)

ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6738|In your head

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Please, everyone, I'm sick of seeing you complain about these two companies. You all forget that without either of them you would not have many of your favorite games (the games you complain about, yet still buy), nor would you have this website in which to bitch about (your favorite game) Battlefield 2.

No one seems to understand how these companies function (and no, it's not all about money). It's about deadlines. Would you turn in an assignment that YOU think was not completed because it was due that day? Of course you would. Do you have the oppurtunity to edit, tweak, and fine tune your assignment? Probably not, unless you have some sort of... relations... with your teacher. I for one applaud EA and DICE for TRYING to make everyone happy with their patches, instead all they get are a bunch of whiny bitches who do nothing but complain. "Noob toober, dolphin diver, prone spammer, hacker, cheater, stat padder, ZOMG!"

All of you think that EA's recent profits of $40,000,000 is a lot of money. Well for a company that big, it's nothing. People, do you understand how much money it takes to create, produce, advertise, and market games as big as Battlefield 2? Obviously not. Or you would know that EA had to cut about 5000 jobs last year because they couldn't afford to keep their employees.

Basically all I'm saying is: If you don't fucking like the game, don't fucking play it. It's that simple.

And remember that without either company, you would not have this game, or this website. So please, to all you complainers, use a condom so we don't have to deal with your bitchy offspring too.

Thank you and goodnight.
I partly applaud you. But some stuff in there is just not called for. You don't like bitchy whiny people then leave the forums.......maybe you should take your own advice about the game but put it to the forums. Bitchy whiny people is what makes the world go round......as for you getting mad about people saying hacker, cheater I have played with you under a different name (which I will not state) and it seemed that everytime you got killed you would say bs or hacker! Dude so seriously if you take the internet that seriously take your hand off your balls and go outside and have some fun. So jesus joseph and doggystyle mary just take a chill pill man.

Oh one more thing.....aren't forum moderators SUPPOSE to be helpful and not really care about whiners? Where they not chosen because they are suppose to be mature? It seems like these past few weeks you have gotten to be pretty bad.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

lol
Chou
+737|6788

usmarine2005 wrote:

lol
But true
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6845|-

ghostgr wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Please, everyone, I'm sick of seeing you complain about these two companies. You all forget that without either of them you would not have many of your favorite games (the games you complain about, yet still buy), nor would you have this website in which to bitch about (your favorite game) Battlefield 2.

No one seems to understand how these companies function (and no, it's not all about money). It's about deadlines. Would you turn in an assignment that YOU think was not completed because it was due that day? Of course you would. Do you have the oppurtunity to edit, tweak, and fine tune your assignment? Probably not, unless you have some sort of... relations... with your teacher. I for one applaud EA and DICE for TRYING to make everyone happy with their patches, instead all they get are a bunch of whiny bitches who do nothing but complain. "Noob toober, dolphin diver, prone spammer, hacker, cheater, stat padder, ZOMG!"

All of you think that EA's recent profits of $40,000,000 is a lot of money. Well for a company that big, it's nothing. People, do you understand how much money it takes to create, produce, advertise, and market games as big as Battlefield 2? Obviously not. Or you would know that EA had to cut about 5000 jobs last year because they couldn't afford to keep their employees.

Basically all I'm saying is: If you don't fucking like the game, don't fucking play it. It's that simple.

And remember that without either company, you would not have this game, or this website. So please, to all you complainers, use a condom so we don't have to deal with your bitchy offspring too.

Thank you and goodnight.
I partly applaud you. But some stuff in there is just not called for. You don't like bitchy whiny people then leave the forums.......maybe you should take your own advice about the game but put it to the forums. Bitchy whiny people is what makes the world go round......as for you getting mad about people saying hacker, cheater I have played with you under a different name (which I will not state) and it seemed that everytime you got killed you would say bs or hacker! Dude so seriously if you take the internet that seriously take your hand off your balls and go outside and have some fun. So jesus joseph and doggystyle mary just take a chill pill man.

Oh one more thing.....aren't forum moderators SUPPOSE to be helpful and not really care about whiners? Where they not chosen because they are suppose to be mature? It seems like these past few weeks you have gotten to be pretty bad.
I think you have compeltely missed the point of my post. No where did I say for people to leave the forum.

Also, I absolutely NEVER cry hacker in-game or otherwise. I hardly even use the chat feature.
batman1029
>_>
+8|6524|Essex, Ontario, Canada
i agree with you dude, +1, and i haven't crashed in WEEKs i just let it Auto Load, i never crash, i only have 1 gig of ram
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6588|Reisterstown, MD

HURLEY wrote:

right, my friends computer is brand new 3 GB of memory and just magically started crashing after that patch.......
Ram has nothing to do with bf2 crashing.  The only thing ram helps with bf2 is making you load into a game faster.  That's it.  Everything else is determined by your videocard, processor, and internet connection.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6845|-

Chuckles wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I see a lot of people talking about how since they buy the game they have the right to complain about it if it doesn't work properly. Okay, how does it not work properly? Are you dying too much? Or maybe you don't get the medals and badges you want quick and painlessly? Please shed some light about it not working properly. The fact that the game crashes on occasion is not a good argument here seeing as how it's YOUR computer's problem, not the game itself. If it works flawlessly on their computers, then the only problems that come up have to do with shitty PC's that need an upgrade. That or people don't take care of their PC's which cause these problems.
Speaking for myself only, when I say you ahve a right to complain if you buy something and it doesn't work properly I'd say the red name tag bug is an example of the game not working.  And since they have never fixed that particular issue but have issued several patches, I'd say there were issues that they themselves considered to be "not working". 

For instance, here is a list of "bug fixes" from EA's website that were fixed by the 1.03 patch alone.

BUG FIXES

- Fixed physics of vehicles against soldiers so that soldiers are not
   killed so easily by moving vehicles.
- Fixed a physics issue that can cause you to be stuck when falling into
   shallow water
- Fixed an issue with soldier armor when spawning on a squad leader in a
   vehicle
- Fixed some objects that caused vehicles to take massive collision damage
- Fixed erroneous message stating that you punished a TK when auto-
   punish is OFF on the server.
- When a vehicle explodes due to external forces, the driver is no longer
   mis-credited for the kills.
- Added turret movement sounds to several vehicles.
- Fixed an issue that caused crosshairs to stay on the screen when
   switching camera views.
- Fixed an issue that caused the time limit status of the server not to be
   sent to clients when it is changed by the server.
- Fixed server setting sv.allowExternalViews.  Setting this to 0 will
   disallow external views.
- Added setting for interfaceIP to the server launcher
- Changed automatic TK banning to ban by cd-key instead of IP address

etc...
I'm sorry but the game still functions does it not? You can still start it up, load a map, and play a round can you not? All of those fixes are from people COMPLAINING.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6738|In your head

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

ghostgr wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Thank you and goodnight.

I think you have compeltely missed the point of my post. No where did I say for people to leave the forum.

Also, I absolutely NEVER cry hacker in-game or otherwise. I hardly even use the chat feature.
That is not what I said. I said that if you do not like people bitching about a game in the forums or don't like the people:

1-leave
2-ignore it
3-close topic and tell them to stop complaing (nicely) cuz everyone knows about
4- and just for fun......get rid of complaints section that will reduce alot of them.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6845|-

ghostgr wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

ghostgr wrote:

That is not what I said. I said that if you do not like people bitching about a game in the forums or don't like the people:

1-leave
2-ignore it
3-close topic and tell them to stop complaing (nicely) cuz everyone knows about
4- and just for fun......get rid of complaints section that will reduce alot of them.
Your forum title doesn't lie

You said I should take my own advice about leaving the forum.

?

No where I said for people to leave the forum. You're peeing on your own feet.
Chuckles
+32|6545

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I'm sorry but the game still functions does it not? You can still start it up, load a map, and play a round can you not? All of those fixes are from people COMPLAINING.
That's true, the game does work.  But if a bare minimum of performance is all the higher standard you hold yourself to you're going to draw some complaints.  And obviously EA/Dice agreed that they were problems because they fixed them.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6845|-

Chuckles wrote:

And obviously EA/Dice agreed that they were problems because they fixed them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard