NamelessMarine
+0|6758
Does it count as t00bing if I shot a grenade a good long distance to wreck a guy camping/guarding/whatever in a transport/scout vehicle?  (Like a jeep or a humvee)

I do this alot, as I practicea bit with getting it to arc whree I want/need it to go and I'm getting tired of being called a n00b for it--there  is a HELL of alot MORE skill in that than sitting back with the sniper rifle and picking him out of the turrent, IMO.
ayb
+0|6778|Orlando, FL
long-distance is what the 40mm grenade launcher is actually used for, so no. t00bing is when you pop around a corner and shoot on almost straight down to splash kill someone 2 feet away from you, then sprint away while you reload instead of switching to your rifle, pistol, etc. extra t00bing points for bunny/dolphin hopping while doing it.
skizzz
+22|6832|Moore, Oklahoma
What do they call it when Anti-Tank use their Eryx when they are 2 ft away, thats just as gay and they never die from it, but you sure as hell do
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6786

well skizzz that takes quite a bit more skill and practice than toobing, because your aim must be perfect, the timing as well to compensate for traveltime of the rocket. Rocket explosion radii are not big at all, so if you miss you're dead.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6781|Brixham, UK
Apparantly, each of those notches on the sight equates to ten meters, so if a target is ten meters away, aim with the top one, 20 meters use the second one, etc etc.

Is this true?
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6792|Human Meat Shield
Yeah t00bing is when your back is turned and someone 203's you, or when you go around a corner and same thing, do these guys ever run out of ammo? Seems not. There is no aim involved, I don't see the point I guess when your back is turned and you 203 them, but I guess the point would be: a kill is a kill.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6804|Alabama Coast, USA

skizzz wrote:

... thats just as gay...
What does your homophobia (which studies have shown is often indicative of the person having homosexual tendencies of their own) have to do with grenades and rockets?

Oh... and I'll shoot a rocket at someone 2ft away... I've done it maybe 3 times in 10 hours of AT use...  but if I'm half health, coming around a corner to try and hit a tank/APC, and there's an enemy assault kit in front of me, may as well get a kill, and a death at my own hands, rather than a death at the enemy's hands.

Last edited by Lazarus Tag'lim (2005-11-26 11:24:00)

n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6768|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol

skizzz wrote:

What do they call it when Anti-Tank use their Eryx when they are 2 ft away, thats just as gay and they never die from it, but you sure as hell do
I love my eryx. But I only do this if i have just reloaded it to nail a tank.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6829|The planet Tophet
ok so how do you use the sight ?
faust82
+0|6810|Sykkylven, Norway
I'd like to know that as well.

As for t00bers running out of ammo, they don't. They rarely get to spend the four rounds before someone gives them a righteous bullet in the skull.
NamelessMarine
+0|6758
I really like the nade launcher.  Generally I only do a short distance shot if they catch my by supprise and thats all I have out (generally its a twitch reaction).  I just wish it had a larger det. radius, so that way my long discance shots could do some damage.  IRL I've only seen one fired twice, and I didn't get to see just how much of a blast/effect radius it had.  I've a feeling its like a morter shell, where the effect spreads in an upward cone, kinda like a V.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6843
people who complain about nade launchers are exactly like people who bitch about 'base raping.'

get over it. the weapon is in the game, and people will use them. they will use them in any way they like, and complaining does NOTHING whatsoever. figure out a way to get around it, or die. get a vehicle. go around and flank them. play in a squad with a medic. or better yet, pick up your own nade launcher and kill them.

good players don't complain, they get even.
Banthur
Banned
+2|6752

skizzz wrote:

I call it quaking

then again I call the grenade launcher the donkey kong

Last edited by Banthur (2005-11-26 16:34:10)

xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6752|Louisiana

Krappyappy wrote:

people who complain about nade launchers are exactly like people who bitch about 'base raping.'

get over it. the weapon is in the game, and people will use them. they will use them in any way they like, and complaining does NOTHING whatsoever. figure out a way to get around it, or die. get a vehicle. go around and flank them. play in a squad with a medic. or better yet, pick up your own nade launcher and kill them.

good players don't complain, they get even.
I agree. I try not to use the grenade launcher at close range because I know how annoying it is to get blown away before getting the chance to fire a shot, but I'll use the launcher if my rifle is out of ammo and I don't have time to reload. No one has ever complained about it but the way I see it, complaining about a weapon that you yourself have access to is ridiculous. No one is stopping you from using it.
ScreamingJay
+1|6768

skizzz wrote:

What do they call it when Anti-Tank use their Eryx when they are 2 ft away, ... they never die from it, but you sure as hell do
I've wondered this myself. I used the SRAW to blow up an empty vehicle a short ways away knowing that an enemy was behind it. I got the kill, but felt sort of dirty about it. I AM a complete noob, but only have maybe 1 kill with the M203.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6792|Human Meat Shield
Yep, exactly ^ that's why the complaints, there's no chance to retaliate dammit. Sorry I'll stop complaining about the toob 'cause I am using it more often now. I just need more body armor in those darn crates. It just sucks that 'he gets you before you do' scenerio, I think thats why the complaints. We wish we were all in God-Mode!
NamelessMarine
+0|6758
M203 is also useful for poping those damn flag capping assault choppers. and when a transport chopper hovers low, you can, with some skill, launch it into the gunbay.  Aim at the roof inside: I got 5 kills today with it (Two gunners, three passengers) and the thing began smoking, didn't make it back to the carrier before someone else SAMed it to death.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6816

NamelessMarine wrote:

M203 is also useful for poping those damn flag capping assault choppers. and when a transport chopper hovers low, you can, with some skill, launch it into the gunbay.  Aim at the roof inside: I got 5 kills today with it (Two gunners, three passengers) and the thing began smoking, didn't make it back to the carrier before someone else SAMed it to death.
You've got to be kidding.  A stinger actually found the target it was aimed at?
RKF77
+1|6774

aardfrith wrote:

I saw it happen once...I swear to God, I'm not lying.
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6757|In a van down by the river

aardfrith wrote:

A friend of a friend who's friend's brothers cousin plays BF2 got one hit on a chopper with the stinger.  God the stingers suck...  follow teammates better than enemies.
NamelessMarine
+0|6758
Hah yeah
CackNBallz
+45|6766|Toronto, Canada
Hey the stingers aren't that bad against choppers.  I have even toasted some jets with them, although they were in strafing runs to the base and flying low, but the key is to aim for the exhaust where there is a bigger heat signature. Up the tail pipe as one thread mentioned and after I started doing that, my anti-air kills have grown exponentially.

On Wake Island I shut down the oncoming Blackhawk and Cobra (at least for the first few minutes until they start flanking and using TV missiles past their field of vision using one missile to see where i am and the second one to aim at getting me)
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6786

wow, I've never had a bad moment with AA except maybe once or twice, but definately not enough to generate such negative feedback.
M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6777|Medicland, sthlm

As for Eryx, considering the general worthlessnes of the ingame SMGs, if the enemy is more than 2 feet away, well... Go Eryx.
NamelessMarine
+0|6758
I've got SMG kills :-p

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard