NamelessMarine
+0|6759
Well I just got done being commander (its been a while) and got 70 some points and my first gold star (I suck, ok? lol just got my first one now) Well as com I was in the Carrier (if you look at my stats, I play wake ALOT) and I kept noticing that everyime I dump arty somewhere I keep getting a message that my Artillary is Condition Red and that I keep comitting team vehicle damage.  Well I had just rooted out 2 special forces guys on my carier and thouht maybe someone was blowing the arty as well.  I boat over and searh around, don't see anyone.  Figure they left, and the Team Vehicle Damage was from freidnly hits.  So I man the Stinger site, go back to commanding, and again it gives me those two messages, only now my arty is landing FAR away from any friendly vehciles.  Also this time I noticed a loud spashing noise immeditly after the closest gun fired.  So I got out of com screen and saw what was really happeneing.  The arty was apparently exploding inside the gun (To full effect because on mroe than one occasion, it killed me just by being close to it, which arty dosn't normally do).  It damaged the arty gun itself, and tossed water around, as well as killing/destroying any one/thing near it.  I used this as sort of a fix exploit to get more repair pts, but at the end of the round my bro suggested a screenshot to back this up.  Here it is...

https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/comnder09/Artyisunderattack.jpg

And has anyone else seen this/had this happen?
Sprinks
+0|6823
wow... never seen/heard of that before.... gun malfunctions.... yet another article of realism ea magically threw into bf2 that they never bothered to tell before. >.>
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6787

tsk tsk, you play wake so much you forgot to hire someone to clean out the barrels once in a while
Chard
+1|6855|Christchurch, New Zealand
I had that with a mounted machine gun on a tank once, I jumped in and went to fire the gun but it just went "Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click" Damn game
NamelessMarine
+0|6759
My map times...and yes, I ment ALOT.

Kubra Dam      03:06:44
Mashtuur City     02:54:19    
Operation Clean Sweep     05:37:39    
Zatar Wetlands     00:08:06
Strike at Karkand     03:57:51
Sharqi Peninsula     05:43:32
Gulf of Oman     08:53:12
Daqing Oilfields     00:33:33
Dalian Plant     01:45:39
Dragon Valley     05:05:04
FuShe Pass     03:17:33
Songhua Stalemate     01:35:46
Wake Island 2007     65:31:37
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6751|Germany

Well, I've never seen anything like your screenshot, but I also had the team vehicle damage massage even if there was no friendly unit next to my arty-fire. But I never got a negative score for that and our arty was not damaged and so I ignored it.
I also had several massages like:   (Nothing/no name or something like that)   [Teamkill] Mike<Eagle23>, but i was still alive....

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2005-11-27 09:01:13)

OUROBOROS
+0|6782
yeah this bug has been around for a while.

dont worry it will be fixed when they hire the coders of Duke Nukem Forever to fix it after they finish working on that game first.
NamelessMarine
+0|6759
Didn't that come out when I was like...12?
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6871|-
That's actually pretty fucking cool

Brings a little realism to the battlefield, no?
oberst_enzian
+234|6766|melb.au
yeah, i had this problem on Wake where when I blew up the enemy arty and UAV, I got 'Team vehicle Damage!' over and over again... and no, I hadn't been switched, so wtf? on another occasion I destryed the arty, got 'You have recieved points for desroying a strategic blah blah' and yet, no points registered.
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6768|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol
I hate this. One time I spent the whole map on the island to keep the arty from blowing.
bs6749
+3|6768
I just had this happen to me today when playing the Wake Island Map as U.S. I blew up the PLA's artillery and got the message "Team Vehicle Damage". I was like WTF? This has happened to me before "not on Wake" and I was confused. They really need to get rid of all the little bugs like this.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6770|The United Center
there's been a few times ive forgotten what team i was on...or we captured the enemy main base and i spawned there not realizing...and blown up my own stuff.  yeah...im an idiot sometimes.
bs6749
+3|6768
Oh one more thing... How do you save/create screenshots, and where do you go to get them. How long are they saved for? Thanks.
oberst_enzian
+234|6766|melb.au
press print screen, go to my documents, battlefield 2 etc
NamelessMarine
+0|6759

oberst_enzian wrote:

yeah, i had this problem on Wake where when I blew up the enemy arty and UAV, I got 'Team vehicle Damage!' over and over again... and no, I hadn't been switched, so wtf? on another occasion I destryed the arty, got 'You have recieved points for desroying a strategic blah blah' and yet, no points registered.
Because you probobly blew up your own equipment...did you by chance get the "Artillary is Condition Red" or "UAV Offline" message?  Its a common mistake for people to not notice that when you cap a position with hardware, hold it for X mins when the enemy hardware is destroied, you get control of it when it regenerates.

Which makes me wonder: When you control 2 sets of hardware, does that do anything special?  Like, control both arty units and get a harderhitting or quicker regenerating arty strike?  Or UAV?  or what does it do?
OUROBOROS
+0|6782
does nothing. its still their assets, just that now you can keep spawning there and keep blowing up their stuff for points.
Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6871
enemy hardware dosent fix it self.  The enemy commander is probably dropping supply crates near his hardware to repair it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard