UsaBoy91
+6|6571|Romania
I need a little help.

i am back on this forums ....since i spent 5 months on lineage2 )
Yesterday i installed battlefield 2...the old one ...and it worked...
Today i just finished to download the 1.3 patch chatter ...
I installed it ...and when i try to enter in game....it doesen`t works...
My screen turns to Black...it seems to load a bit....and after this..kick`s me in windows.

Can anyone help me ??? please !!!
botox
+3|6591|vienna
which version of the patch did you install? bf2 only or bf2 SF, EF, AF?
1.3 full patch, 1.3 incremental, 1.4 beta 2?

maybe a little more information about your system would be helpful.

last time i did a new install of bf2 i went this way:

bf2, (maybe patch 1.3 i dont remember exactly), special forces, patch 1.3, EF, AF

give it a try in this order.....
UsaBoy91
+6|6571|Romania
i installed the old battlefield 2 ... ( the first model of battlefield 2 ) and it worked. .... after that i downloaded 1.3 full patch ..and i installed it ( not incremetal ) .... but it seems to  don`t start

here are some information of my computer :

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/9/2006, 13:20:28
       Machine name: PENT
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: Romanian)
System Manufacturer: 75D8P
       System Model: 775Dual-880Pro
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
             Memory: 512MB RAM
          Page File: 379MB used, 870MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

if you  need smth else please tell me...i need to play this game
UsaBoy91
+6|6571|Romania
aloo..can anybody help me ... damn it
ALT-F4
+4|6521
Trying to run BF2 with a Celeron processor and 512mb of ram.... sorry but good luck
Altophish
+8|6471
Sounds like your just having the same problem as the rest of us.  Crashing to desktop is glitch in the 1.3 patch.  Try restarting your computer...Other than that, you just have to try a couple times to get into a server.  If it still doesn't work, then wait for the 1.4 patch that is supposed to fix the problem.

And if that dont work...there is alway needle-point!!

Good luck with it either way.

(Oh yeah...more memory wouldn't hurt, either.)
UsaBoy91
+6|6571|Romania

ALT-F4 wrote:

Trying to run BF2 with a Celeron processor and 512mb of ram.... sorry but good luck
my comp. is  a celeron 2.8 mhz .... with 512 ram.... and video card 256 mb (
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6609|Montreal, Qc, Canada
try to have 1gb... but if the 512mb it is not working try to reinstall it then if its not working ask your self about buying another 512
mcfarmer.dk
+1|6456|Aalborg, Denmark

UsaBoy91 wrote:

ALT-F4 wrote:

my comp. is  a celeron 2.8 mhz .... with 512 ram.... and video card 256 mb (
I use to have 512 MB RAM, then i just buy 2 GB and it is still slow, so I don't think that 1GB is enough... sorry but the game takes a lot of power...
GuestHead
+2|6590
While running, BF2 uses 800+mb of ram.  You need enough to take care of that in addition to everything else that's running on your system.  If you don't have that much ram, increase the size of your page file (HD space windows uses like it is ram).  To do that, hold down the windows key and hit "pause."  It's by the F keys.  After doing that, click the advanced tab.  Then click the Performance settings button.  Click the advanced tab.  At the bottom click the button that says "Change" by virtual memory.  If you have room, I'd set the initial to whatever your current max is and set the new max to double your new initial.  Keep in mine this is in mb.  1024mb = 1gb, so if you plan on doing it in 1 gig increments (which I'd reccomend), adjust your numbers accordingly.
Also, a program called tunexp will work wonders for you especially with your less than desirable hardware.

Last edited by GuestHead (2006-08-11 11:27:08)

UsaBoy91
+6|6571|Romania
oh...pfff thank you very much guys )) god bless all of ya`

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard