Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6773|Derby, England
I was playing Dragon Valley (as you do), on China, and went special forces. I headed up to the artillery at top of the map and dropped C4'd on it. I called for a crate just in front of the shed, dropped the last C4, then blew all three.

I went back across to the crate (which was far enough away from the artillery not to repair), turned around and all three guns were repaired (cue me saying "wtf").

So I C4'd two of them and blew them. The distance to both of the destroyed guns showed as yellow. I turned and ran back to the crate and looked around, and hey presto, all the artilleries were back again.

Cue me doing exactly the same again - destroy two of the guns, they go back to fully repaired state.

I got points for destroying all the assets (7 in total). Unfortunately I didnt get time to get any screenies or anything as a few seconds later two apache's and an anti-air appeared and turned me to soup.

Has anyone else seen this. I did a search on the forums but didnt come up with anything.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6865|Reykjavík, Iceland.
There are no Apaches on dragon valley, but there are Cobras.

Ninjaneer?
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6773|Derby, England
Ninjaneer... heh heh.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6549|Belgium

strange, I know that they repair very slowly so sometimes they get repaird by themselves but then they smoke heavily first and you can even kill them with one tank shell

Must be a strange glitch, never heard of it before.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6671|Washington DC

Thanatos247 wrote:

Has anyone else seen this. I did a search on the forums but didnt come up with anything.
Yes, I've seen it frequently on Dragon Valley.  It may be a bug with the map, but I've always assumed that it is a server setting AND the default setting for Dragon Valley is opposite of every other map in the game.
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6773|Derby, England
Sounds like this is a bit of a exploit, especially if you get a special ops along with a support giving ammo.

Glad it's not me going crazy.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6501|Trondheim, Norway
i know i think it's something wrong with the map happened to me a lot of times on different servers! it si only dragon valley it happens on, and it does always... no idea why
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6773|Chicago.
Perhaps it is the spirits of the PLA's Chineese anscestors keeping your artillery alive?

or a bug?

Last edited by BigmacK192 (2006-08-09 06:23:32)

CackNBallz
+45|6765|Toronto, Canada
A supply crate can fix two artillery pieces at the same time.  There is also a slope there that the supply crate can slide down after possibly repairing them.  I haven't experienced this bug myself, but I do know that you can kill commander assets with a jet's vulcan cannon. 

Yesterday I was in Wake Island in an empty server waiting for some friends to come online.  I was practicising hovering around in an F35B (it was damn fun!) and I was able to concentrate a full stream of hot lead at the scan radar. It takes almost a full load to blow one up (with a hundred or so rounds left.) I then went back and reloaded and proceeded to blow up the UAV.  The arty pieces were a lot harder to hit as they were down and the trees are in the way.

Ah, I went off on a tangent.
{USI}_Zombie
+11|6796
I have seen this on DV as well, but only the US arty, the PLA arty behaves normally, and I have only seen it in the 64 version.  I also saw it once for the US arty on 64 fushee, not a hack, exploit whatever, another bug and damned irritating if you want to get repairs
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6706
I had this happen on Shounga, err, Sohngua, err.. whatever, that damn something stalemate map.  It was with the PLA trailers up on the hill.  Somehow, my repair crate (which the commander dropped out in the street) was repairing them.  Even though the crate was almost 50 yards away.  So, the 3rd attempt, I also C4'd the crate and it didn't happen again.  Just seems on some maps to be a ridiculous range on the repair crate.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6707|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
this is an old topic trying not to be a fag about iut but plz us teh search next time
DrM
+33|6643
This can happen on any map, but usually takes a lot longer than you have said. Normally over 2 minutes in my experience.

De_Jappe has got it right, command assets do repair very slowly, I have taken out a number with a single grenade.

It is worth noting that command assets can have negative hit points. IE if you use 3 bit of C4 then they take longer to repair, 4 bits of C4 longer again.
I believe that 4 pieces of C4 is the max damage an asset can be taken as far a s negative points go.

Hope this info helps you dude.

DrM
DSRTurtle
+56|6708
On DV the american artillery repairs itself magically.  It is a bug on the map.  It's very annoying when you the Chineese and have forced the US back to the carrier only.
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6773|Derby, England

Tushers wrote:

this is an old topic trying not to be a fag about iut but plz us teh search next time

Thanatos wrote:

I did a search on the forums but didnt come up with anything.
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6555|Doncaster - UK
yeah there are other threads on this,
a search of 'self arty' got a couple.

Seems to be a glitch/bug/map setting.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard