Kujondw42
+0|6832|Washington, DC
Whos got them, and what works well?  Any advice would be very helpful!
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6863|-
I never found a joystick to be necessary in any game I've ever played. All it takes it a steady hand and the right mouse sensativity.
-=DRACO-Krusty
Deranged Klown
+21|6859|TX
i have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.  inexpensive and works fine for me.  i also know of a few more that have the same thing and like it.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6863|San Francisco

-=DRACO-Krusty wrote:

i have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.  inexpensive and works fine for me.  i also know of a few more that have the same thing and like it.
I second that! I'm sure chuy will as well.
KVFD228
+0|6815|Kyle, Texas
I use the Saitek Cyborg 3D and it is great.  Have been using it for 2 years no issues.
zeppelin
BenCunningham <3
+1|6859|Seattle, WA

-=DRACO-Krusty wrote:

same here
me and 4 friends also use the extreme 3d pro. ever since we all bought the joystick i think it's impossible for the enemy team to win if the map has planes or copters on it.

Last edited by zeppelin (2005-09-14 21:54:22)

wiggin
+0|6825|Bay Area, CA
microsoft wingman here, have had it for a good 7+ years. Twist handle rudder control rocks for helos and planes.
Ronball9
Sleep Deprived
+8|6863
Went through 2 Logitech Extreme 3D Pros, they drift off centre after about 6 months - making them essentially unusable.  There is a small plastic part that breaks inside the base.  Google them and "problems" and you can learn this before you buy one.  I only discovered this after it happened to me the second time.  Having said that, they work great when they work.

For BF2 I have shifted to the Saitek Cyborg EVO, another great stick but with no problems (or negative reviews I could find).

I find it great for planes, but even finely tuned they seem to over correct when you fly a helo (as a result I ride in the front seat).

However, for your left hand I strongly recommend the Belkin Nostromo n52 key pad - absolutely rocks.

Last edited by Ronball9 (2005-09-14 23:21:44)

lowyaukee
+2|6850
I bought a Saitek Cyborg Evo.  Practice makes perfect.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6853|A Small Isle in the Tropics

i borrowed the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro from my buddy cos i was soooo desperate to get into a heli or a jet.. but it drifts to the left esp in the heli. Is there anyway to correct this? i cant seem to find any means to calibrate it, not in the Control Panel either. Or is this like what Ronball had experienced, basically a bad joystick? This joystick is only about 2 months old, and i just started using it 2 weeks ago, practising on single player maps.

it is so frustrating to fly the heli with that particular joystick, as before long it drifts so much that i was upside down kissing the roofs of the BF2 beachfront houses..boom.

i never recall it being so challenging flying a heli (my last heli simulation being MIcroprose's Apache Longbow)..yeah..ages ago

Last edited by mikeshw (2005-09-14 23:34:13)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6859|Bryan/College Station, TX
This is what I have and I love it.

Saitek Cyborg Evo

Review:  http://www.guru3d.com/article/gamedevice/80/
Product Price:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6826102503

Have fun.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6857|Cologne, Germany

I hate planes and never use them. I will let others fly. the pilot is just not in me, I guess.
I fly choppers from time to time though, if no one else wants to, but mouse and keyboard seem enough to me in those instances.

so with regard to my current style of play ( the grunt...) there is no need to buy a joystick at the moment.

But I have heard people say that it helps a lot with the planes.
tF-afrojap
+124|6862|SF
I have the Super Excellent Cyber Annihilator 4D Extreme Edition. It owns.

https://www.asf.toscana.it/laac_old/trackscu.jpg
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6863|San Francisco

Sure you do Afro...

I actually ended up buying a Saitek Cyborg Evo before getting my current Logitech Extreme 3d Pro. I loved the stick but could not stand the centering mechanism. The whole spring on a disc thing was not sturdy or consistant enough for my tastes. Had it for a night and ended up exchanging it for my Logitech the next day. I even tried to fix it by placing 'spacers' between the top of the spring and the base of the stick in order to stiffen it a little, but still not as good as I would like. Though I am sure my 3d Pro stick will end up breaking sooner, I mean it is pretty tough to break a spring pressing on a plastic disc!
Ronball9
Sleep Deprived
+8|6863

mikeshw wrote:

i borrowed the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro from my buddy cos i was soooo desperate to get into a heli or a jet.. but it drifts to the left esp in the heli. Is there anyway to correct this? i cant seem to find any means to calibrate it, not in the Control Panel either. Or is this like what Ronball had experienced, basically a bad joystick? This joystick is only about 2 months old, and i just started using it 2 weeks ago, practising on single player maps.

it is so frustrating to fly the heli with that particular joystick, as before long it drifts so much that i was upside down kissing the roofs of the BF2 beachfront houses..boom.

i never recall it being so challenging flying a heli (my last heli simulation being MIcroprose's Apache Longbow)..yeah..ages ago
Exactly the problem they have.  You jump into a plane take off and promptly do a ½ barrel roll (like the A-Team used to always do) and make an abrupt landing on your canopy.  Of course you try it again because you can't believe it just happened, but it does. And again. 

No fix, I even took my first one apart.  Return it if you can, pitch it if you can't and give the Saitek EVO a try.

Last edited by Ronball9 (2005-09-15 08:49:09)

ArkAng37
+1|6860|San Antonio, TX
Cyborg Evo works real well for me! Had it for quite some time and still works like a charm. If u need something look on
www.newegg.com
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6854|Munich, Germany
i had a microsoft precision pro but it was to old and worn out.
so i went to a shop and bought the cyborg evo pro wireless and it didnt work a bit. it was recognise but i couldt get any more feedback from it. i had probs wit hsaytek drivers before.
so i went back to the shop and got myself the logitech extreme 3D pro and im very happy with it so far, lets see whats the durability ays
Guruz
Sir
+20|6854|government yard in trenchtown.
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro here too.
It's very helpful for jets.
I still use W and S for Throttle, I cant adapt to the stick's own one.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6830|englewood FL.
hmm i use a aXis i pad....no questions...but it kinda kooks like a PS2 controller..took sum getten use to and had to get it all set, but now its great i cant fly helis no prob. jets are a diff storie but iv never really stuck with it so idunno
McCullough
+7|6854
No joystick, i fly with the keyboard. and i works perfectly. but i would be cool with a joystick though.
|1rb| AKAeric
+0|6846

KVFD228 wrote:

I use the Saitek Cyborg 3D and it is great.  Have been using it for 2 years no issues.
Yup, i have the same stick, except i broke the large piece of plastic off of the throttle, . But by no means is it a low quality stick, im just a very rough player.

I also have an X45, but that's a bitch to use in BF2.
Phonics_Monkey2
+0|6815
I have a Logitech Freedom 2.4™ Cordless Joystick and have used it for over 1yr.  Just have some rechargeable AA's handy. I almost have a 7:1 K/D in plane, so i half to say it works well.  in chopper i usually concentrate on letting my gunner smoke the enemy so my K/D suffers but i get many team pts.  Basically it works well in anything that flies.
Kujondw42
+0|6832|Washington, DC
Thanks a bunch to all of you for your input!!!  Sounds like you all helped more than just me
Boomer1120
Vagine Movie Thread Creator
+105|6758
I'm glad I did a search before I made a new thread.  I'm definately interested in trying out a joystick to fly.  Seems that the popular ones are the Saitek Cyborg Evo and the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro.  I shall now go research.

[edit]spell check

Last edited by Boomer1120 (2005-11-17 11:32:52)

Dopin_Nuts
+1|6769
Saitek Cyborg Evo is awesome, and it has a good price

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard