Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
+62|6687|Adelaide, Australia
Update: Full Movie Released!

Thankyou to everyone who took the time to watch the preview video of "Spam at Karkand" I posted here earlier. The trailer received over 1200 views, which was a few more than I expected. The good news is that the final product is now ready for release!

I have posted links to both direct download and streaming versions of the movie, but I would suggest everyone download the full 83MB .wmv file if possible as it will be far, far better quality than the streaming versions from Google Video or YouTube. The full file is encoded at 800x600 resolution and should look good fullscreen even on the highest res monitors. I will be posting some more links shortly, but these should get things started at least. Edit: Well, the filexoom site deleted my account - too much bandwidth use I guess!

For those who missed the preview video, here's a quick rundown:
Spam at Karkand - The Movie.wmv (800x600, 8 mins, 83MB)

Battlefield2 + 24/7 Karkand = Spam.

BF2 could be considered the best online multiplayer game to date, but unfortunately every silver lining comes with a dark cloud...

This video is a humorous look at the effects the persistent stat system coupled with 24/7 "infantry" servers has on gameplay. The movie is filmed using in-game footage from a real, ranked 24/7 Karkand server.
Direct Downloads (Best Quality):
FileFront.com

Streaming (Reduced Quality):
YouTube.com
Google Video

Screenshots:
https://img468.imageshack.us/img468/7789/spamatkarkand1bv7.th.jpghttps://img468.imageshack.us/img468/7053/spamatkarkand2pr2.th.jpghttps://img468.imageshack.us/img468/7953/spamatkarkand3oh2.th.jpghttps://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6092/spamatkarkand4rh8.th.jpg

Watch it right here!

Thanks again to the BF2 community for their support!

Last edited by Gulf_War_Syndrome (2006-10-06 18:28:47)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6715|67.222.138.85
streaming ftw

Edit: ahahahaha nice vid, good music, that isn't scripted is it?

Last edited by Flaming_Maniac (2006-08-01 08:01:47)

BanG89
as good as me you never will be
+9|6760|Nederland
lol nice 1, but i dont realy think its gonna be like that./
BanG89
as good as me you never will be
+9|6760|Nederland
lol nice 1, but i dont realy experience that much.. otherwise i leave cuz i hate it

Last edited by BanG89 (2006-08-01 08:06:21)

Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
And no, nothing is set up! All footage is taken from real, ranked games on a 24/7 Karkand server...
Godhatch
+5|6617
i like the video so far. i hate it when people do that random grenade throwing at the begining of karkand it's totally annoying, it just reminds me of c.o.d when they do it.

Last edited by Godhatch (2006-08-01 08:13:27)

Defiance
+438|6679

Godhatch wrote:

i like the video so far. i hate it when people do that random grenade throwing at the begining of karkand it's totally annoying, it just reminds me of c.o.d when they do it.
Except in CoD it's effective.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6748
Cant wait for the full film.
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6665|Birmingham
looks good
GotGoose?
+4|6498
It's so true. *sigh*
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6634|Quebec city, Canada

paranoid101 wrote:

Cant wait for the full film.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6650|can
Don't play 64 Player Karkand
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
Exactly... and if you do, stay away from the Hotel!
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
OK, I was hoping to have this finished by now, but I wasted a couple of nights playing BF2...

The last 30 seconds of footage is taking forever... I just can't seem to get the right shots to fit with the "storyline".  Damn my perfectionism.

Soon my friends, soon.
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6676|Sydney, Australia
What sever? Internode?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6689|Disaster Free Zone

Cold Fussion wrote:

What sever? Internode?
If its an Australian Server it would have to be a GA 24/7 map, theres nothing but 'spam', at least in internode theres some kind of teamwork occasionaly.

Godhatch wrote:

Ive been in a game where the entire game (11 minutes) was all just nade spam at the hotel. Not so much spawn rape because the armor never got into the hotel area, just stayed back and spamed its self. Usually it only happens for 4-5 minutes then USMC captures another flag (or hotel) and things settle down abit.

BanG89 wrote:

lol nice 1, but i dont realy experience that much.. otherwise i leave cuz i hate it
Are you serious?? what servers do you play on, I might start playing karkand again if that didnt happen 99.65% of the time.
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6676|Sydney, Australia

DrunkFace wrote:

Cold Fussion wrote:

What sever? Internode?
If its an Australian Server it would have to be a GA 24/7 map, theres nothing but 'spam', at least in internode theres some kind of teamwork occasionaly.
Maybe but GA doesn't have the battlerecorder enabled
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6709|Australia

Cold Fussion wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Cold Fussion wrote:

What sever? Internode?
Maybe but GA doesn't have the battlerecorder enabled
Node and GA customers can get battlerecorder from their provider servers.

BTW What server is it GA#23? I wonder if i'm in there.
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
It's all from GameArena #25, 64 players on the 32 player map size. The Battlerecorder files can be downloaded from this page: http://www.gamearena.com.au/bf2demos/index.php

There certainly will be a lot of Australian players in there but I'm removing all nametags. I'm sure this will save a few people some embarassment...
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6759|the middle of nowhere
nice vid +1.
Vonlefteye
+4|6546
Great example of bad karkand server.... the worst culperates are the APC's outside the small alleyway - really annoying - i do lstill like Karkand tho
FlashHeart
+4|6515|Chatham, UK
Couldn't help laughing at people spamming ammo and medic packs the nanosecond they spawned......
taddzilla
+23|6851|Pembroke Pines, FL.
Keep up the good work.  I like the quality.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6599|Your attic
Looks fun, and that ending music makes me want to go and watch maddness.... no idea why.
Whens this gonna be done by??
Crispin
+13|6486|Amarillo Tx
Looks nice, can't wait for the finished product.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard