Poll

What's the best city in the United States of America?

Chicago6%6% - 13
New York17%17% - 34
Los Angeles7%7% - 14
San Francisco4%4% - 8
Boston5%5% - 10
Philadelphia3%3% - 7
Miami6%6% - 13
New Orleans0%0% - 1
Las Vegas8%8% - 16
Other38%38% - 73
Total: 189
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6521
ummm how was atlanta not on that list?
=[BK]=tech_12
+1|6696
Portland OR FTW!!!!
bigp66
+63|6547|memphfrica-memphis,TN
Memphfrica--------ftw
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6769|New York
Nyc.
SealXo
+309|6534
Monarch Beach Orange County Ftw
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
L.A.
Amazing year round weather.
World epicenter of rockclimbing. Yosemite is 5 hrs away , Joshua Tree is 2 hrs, Taquitz, Suicide rock and The Needles. Rock Rock Canyon in Las Vegas is 5 hrs. Snorkel in the ocean and ski the same day if your motivated.
Great economy. Fuckin love it here.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6625|Los Angeles, California, US.

ATG wrote:

L.A.
Amazing year round weather.
World epicenter of rockclimbing. Yosemite is 5 hrs away , Joshua Tree is 2 hrs, Taquitz, Suicide rock and The Needles. Rock Rock Canyon in Las Vegas is 5 hrs. Snorkel in the ocean and ski the same day if your motivated.
Great economy. Fuckin love it here.
And, Were the Best. .
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6548|Southeastern USA
most of the metropoli are ass pits, but for the sake of argument I suppose I'll go with Atlanta, broad mix of cultures, and you only have to go a few miles to return to deep woods, white water and mountains, in short, city when you want it, not when you don't, and no matter how "urban" or metropolitan you get you'll be hard pressed to lose the laid back and relaxed southern attitude

oh, and it's home to cartoon network and all the clint eastwood/james bond marathons

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-08-06 21:29:37)

PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6526|Portland, OR USA
I'd have to say San Fransisco actually, stigma aside.  It's gorgeous and the landscape gives it quite a bit of character.  It seemed relatively well thought out.

Small aside - I played Midtown Madness 2 quite a bit - one of the maps was San Fran.  I went to the city for the first time but had played this game for countless hours.  The map in the game was so good, I knew where to go and where I was even though I had never been there.  More than a little amusing for me. 
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6517|Montucky
i'ma hafta say San Diego, Ca.. its the biggest place i've ever been too
WormGuts
+17|6793|Dayton, Ohio
I'm old enough to have traveled this country pretty extensively.  I've been to 39 of the 50 states and spent significant (2 monthes+) time in 10 of the states.  My vote for best city would have to go to Boulder, CO.  Yes it's expensive to live in, but it's a fantastic city located close enough to alot of fun things.   I've spent time in Hawaii, and don't get me wrong it's great, but i would still choose Boulder over Hawaii (barely).
WormGuts
+17|6793|Dayton, Ohio

ig88 wrote:

ummm how was atlanta not on that list?
Who really "chooses" to live in the sweat box that is Hotlanta?
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6693|The Ville
Well, I live in Lousville Kentucky. Lousiville has some great things. The derby, thuder (firework show) and 4th street live.(a whole strp of bars that can be enjoyed. I know there are better cities than mine out there. but I have to give mine credit
CommieChipmunk
+488|6569|Portland, OR, USA

=[BK]=tech_12 wrote:

Portland OR FTW!!!!
lol woo...

NYC, dont really need to say anything else...
agwood
+18|6638|I Fight for Bush !!
Portland, Oregon

-The myth that its a rainy miserable place keeps most the assholes in California.
-Home to Nike, Colombia Sportswear, Danner Boots, Leatherman Tools.
-45 Minutes from any outdoor activity you could want such as Surfing, Skiing and snowboarding, desert rock climbing
-NO state sales tax
-You cant pump your own gas
-REAL coffee shops (if your not from the NW you wouldn't understand) trust me I love starbucks, but there are some awesome chains in Portland and Seattle that blow them away.
-You can own any kind of Firearm you want... it hasn't been SAVED by the safety police yet.. or converted to insanity by the asshole Californians that were brave enough to challenge the weather.
-Traffic is no where near that of most other cities its size... and not anything close to the traffic the asshole Californians create in their (choose one - most apply to all though) overcrowded, overpriced, overrated, smoggy, illegal immigrant infested, crime ridden (see previous), tax me to death, shittiest roads in the country, worst schools in the nation cities.
- you don't have to pay minimum $500,000 to buy a decent newer 3 bedroom 2 bath home with a nice yard in an area you feel safe living in (read - most population centers in California).
- Pendleton roundup
- Rose Festival
- ALL THE McMenamins especially Edgefield and Kennedy School
http://www.mcmenamins.com/

BTW I don't really hate California or Californians... I live there... LOL but I would go back to PDX in a half a second if I could (Military.. no choice)

Last edited by agwood (2006-08-06 21:57:05)

houston texas.. ^^ not really but its not too shabby

this list is obviously written by someone who doesnt know the united states too well

id say sad diego first then maybe ft lauderdale or tampa with a side of seattle
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6489|Menlo Park, CA
San Francisco

Yea, its run by a bunch of liberals who have there heads up their asses, but its an AWESOME city!!

The homelessness is rediculous, but the views, atmosphere, THE SF GIANTS!!!!! The bars are great! It just a cool town!! If you are homophobic, the place probably isnt a place you want to live though, cause there are homos EVERYWHERE!!

Second to SF would be BOSTON, Mass!! that place is BIG TIME!!!

I am biased what can I say I live 40 mins south of SF, so I love it!!!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

SealXo wrote:

Monarch Beach Orange County Ftw
Dana Point owns Monarch Beach, literally
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6478|Vancouver, USA

stryyker wrote:

why is Los Angeles on there?
why is Las Vegas on there?

the best city in the lower 48 is Seattle, Washington
the best city of all time, however, is Juneau, Alaska
That's right man.  The greatest city is Seattle Washington in the good old pacific northwest.  +1 for saying it first.
iceman785
+93|6671|Alaska, mother fucker.
accept no substitutes!!! Anchorage Alaska is FUCKING AWESOME, snowboarding,skiing snowmachining in the winter, and over 3000 lakes to Jet-ski, boat, water ski, wake board, 4wheeling, almost any freaking sport you can think of, on land or in the water. OH and i forgot, my favorit sport of all, mountain biking in Kincaid park and down Powerline Pass

Last edited by iceman785 (2006-08-06 22:18:25)

iceman785
+93|6671|Alaska, mother fucker.

stryyker wrote:

the best city of all time, however, is Juneau, Alaska
dude, do you live in alaska?
horny_trojan
+39|6709|Los FUCKING Angeles
Wheres San Diego?
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6657|WPB, FL. USA
Either Honolulu, Lahaina, or Hilo Hawaii {lived there five years}.
I also lived in or spent time in all the other cities listed and they all have there strong points.  Despite living in West Palm Beach, Fl. now there is still nothing even close to the cities in Hawaii - you've gotta go

Kaboom.

horny_trojan wrote:

Wheres San Diego?
https://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3204/untitled1id6.jpg
SiMSaM16
+48|6692|United States of America
What about Atlanta?

Best city in the US no doubt.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard