Dutchman-195
Ea & Dice Hater Fan Club
+17|6535|Oro Valley-Tucson, AZ
Is a G15 keyboard and a G5 or G7 mouse (w/e one the wireless is). Are they worth it for me to buy or not? If you have them can you gimme some advise on them and or your thoughts?
=X=Sceptique
+1|6506
Just dont buy wireless mouse its the worst thing for gaming. Unless you like runing out of baterie when ur right in the middle of a firefight
Oh yeah and I use mx518 and it kicks ass

Last edited by =X=Sceptique (2006-08-02 15:25:23)

fatmarik
+23|6597|Anywhere i am needed
yeah, i heard the g15 keyboard is really good and i own the g7 & g5 mouse, they are both extremely accurate but the g7 uses batteries and u have to recharge them every 2 days and replace them, i use my g5 most of the time though.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6722|67.222.138.85
MX518 MX518 MX518 MX518 MX518 MX518

I don't know how many posts I need to write, MX518>G5+G7
Dutchman-195
Ea & Dice Hater Fan Club
never heard of them dude
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6698|England and damn proud
The G15 is awesome!
Brasso
+1,549|6646

Get the Copperhead instead.  But whatever you do, don't get a wireless mouse.  They have a certain latency to them that makes using them hard.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6493| Texas
I have a G15 keyboard and it was a great improvement over my standard Dell keyboard that i had before. The screen is very useful in keeping you aware of the time and the lighted keys are a plus if you spend time playing in the dark. The only downfall is that the screen, while it can show information for other games, will not automatically display information about bf2 as it will in games such as UT 04. I believe it is possible to download programs that will do this, but i have not done that at this time. But overall i would say the g15 is definitely worth it.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6752

MX1000, batt's last a whole week.!
Dutchman-195
Ea & Dice Hater Fan Club
I really have no problem with charging my batteries every night and how much does that mouse cost, cheaper or more expensive then the G 7
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6548|Doncaster - UK
my gaming teammate Doctorfruitloop got the G5 (cable, the G7 is wireless, i think).  He is very impressed with it. Says he gets plenty of use out of the function to change the resolution, and feels it is a better mouse and worth the upgrade.  I have been convinced and shall be getting one when i build me second rig. 
The choice is the 5 or 7, many people are of the opinion cable is better for gaming, better response, less 'lag time, I don't know the facts of this but it seems plausible.  But i have had wireless mice now for a long time and think i will stick with them.  Its surprising how much better not having the cable is IMO.
Anyhow, the reason i haven't got one yet is i don't see it as being a worthy 'upgrade' from the one i have, and i don't put the hours in gaming to be able to convince myself i need one. i will wait till i have a second rig.  (I do want it though)
If you don't currently have a 'good' mouse, then i always think decent peripherals are a good purchase.

edit
The G7 comes with 2 batteries, one is charging in the stand, the other is in the mouse, they eject like a cartridge, and can be swapped in a couple of seconds.  Or so i have been told?

Last edited by Use0fWeapons (2006-08-02 15:45:10)

The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6657|Deep In The South Of Texas

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

MX518 MX518 MX518 MX518 MX518 MX518

I don't know how many posts I need to write, MX518>G5+G7
QFT!

MX518 has more buttons and more sensitivity settings(5 vs 3).
a fly
+105|6660|The netherlands
not reading after the mx518 spam (i got that one too, it pwns, and looks nice)

dont waste money on the g15 keyboard, its to big.

buy something like : http://empc.nl/index.php?page=56&su … p;Id=15475

its small, very good for gaming, is in bf2 colours (red/white) and it doesent takes more then half of your desk (needs the same space as a joystick)

edit:

get the g5 mouse OR mx518, the g7 is wireless wich sucks....

Last edited by a fly (2006-08-02 16:51:45)

LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6725|Charlie One Alpha
I love my keyborad!

(Sorry, couldn't help it. I read it and giggled.)
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
jsnipy
+3,276|6538|...

Dutchman-195 wrote:

Is a G15 keyboard and a G5 or G7 mouse (w/e one the wireless is). Are they worth it for me to buy or not? If you have them can you gimme some advise on them and or your thoughts?
]All depends on the buttons, I use an mx510 now becaus ei like the two thumb buttons. I boought G7 recently and coudnlt use it v(mainly cause of kvm switch) but also because it only had one thumb button ... same with the g5 as well me thinks
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6546

lol i use the keyboard and mouse that came with my computer...
~NSSO~KamiKazi
+3|6508
I love my G15, as for my mouse, I'm sporting my Logitech MouseMan Wheel mouse. That's right!!!!  Kiss my ball.......mouse.  Doesn't the G7 come with an extra battery though that's really quick and easy to swap??  Also, whoever has the G5, do the weight packages make that much of a difference in the feel of the mouse?
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6612|Bellmawr, NJ, US
Ignore the wireless haters.  I have a Logitech wireless and I have no problems and no lag.  I got it in February and the original batteries are starting to die.  The G7 (wireless) uses batteries fast, but it comes with an extra battery and a charger and the mouse is designed for a quick battery swap if needed.

As long as you get a quality wireless mouse and not some $15 discount bin piece of shit, you'll be fine.
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6612|Bellmawr, NJ, US
Souljah
+42|6683

Bernadictus wrote:

MX1000, batt's last a whole week.!
QFT!!
i have a mx1000 and it is great. its wireless but i havent had a problem with it. and yes the battery does last long. i can go on a 4 hour gaming spree and it wont even be half drained. plus it has 10 buttons on it. who needs macros when you got a mouse with that much buttons
a fly
+105|6660|The netherlands

farmerfez wrote:

lol i use the keyboard and mouse that came with my computer...
shame on you, unless its a comp with not a default oem mouse (i hardly care about keyboards, i just need to be used to it)

i hate wireless for a damned good reason: more chips the signal to go through before it reaches the mobo.

i rather have a wire, and just that invisable 0.(really dont know how many 0 here)1 second faster response.

every wireless mouse i played with, was to slow to keep up.

ps, here is a test to see if you are accurate with your mouse, cause thats what matters, go to the rop right of your screen, now, as fast as possable move the mouse pointer with the tip on this dot:      .

(im bored)
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6574|Hungary
I got a simply light "no name" keyboard and a razer copperhead mouse.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard