Are you a Christian?

I would like to be 50% 50% - 157 50% 50% - 157
I don't want anything to do with that! 55% 55% - 174 44% 44% - 140
Total: 314
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6814

JaMDuDe wrote:

But a society of true christians would do there best to stay away from all crime and try to be helpful, loving and peaceful. Atheists would too, but theres no reason for them not do some crime as long as it doesnt make them waste a lot of time in jail. If there were an atheist and a christian in south LA i think the atheist would be more likely to end up in a gang or doing crime.
Wrong.  Not only implying that atheist=selfish (wrong) but just completely ignoring the fact that many gangsters of all different types are easily able to justify their actions without compromising their religion, from Mafia to Bloods and Crips to Hell's Angel and more.  In fact, some people even believe they haven't been killed or throw in jail for life because God is somehow protecting them and their actions.... crazy, huh?

Many Men - 50 Cent wrote:

Every night I talk to God, but he don't say nothing back
I know he protecting me, but I still stay with my gat
In my nightmares, niggas keep pulling techs on me
Psych says some bitch done, put a hex on me
The feds didn't know much, when Pac got shot
I got a kite from the pens that told me, Tuck got knocked
I ain't gonna spell it out for you motherfuckers all the time
Are you illiterate nigga? You can't read between the lines
In the bible it says, what goes around, comes around
Hommo shot me three weeks later he got shot down
Now it's clear that I'm here, for a real reason
'Cause he got hit and I got hit, but he ain't fuckin' breathing

Many men, many, many, many, many many men
Wish death upon me
Lord I don't cry no more
Don't look to the sky no more
Have mercy on me
Have mercy on my soul
Somewhere my heart turned cold
Have mercy on many men
Many, many, many, many men
Wish death upon me
JaMDuDe
+69|6938

JaMDuDe wrote:

But a society of true christians
That doesnt include people who dont even try to follow what the bible says and do crime thinking its the right thing to do.
jonsimon
+224|6656

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

That doesnt include people who dont even try to follow what the bible says and do crime thinking its the right thing to do.
So, a true christian to you is someone who interprets the bible exactly like you do?

Isn't it a little arrogant to imply that if everyone were like you there would be no crime?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6927|Cambridge (UK)

JaMDuDe wrote:

Im not even catholic ashley. I dont know why you keep showing me priests who are abusing kids. They are bad people. There are bad atheists too.
Yes, there are 'bad' atheists and 'bad' catholics. Just as there are 'bad' christians. And 'bad' muslims. And 'bad' taoists. And 'bad' buddists. And 'bad' agnostics. And 'bad' jews.

And that's the whole point JaMDuDe - they are bad people.

There all also good people, be they athiest, agnostic, christian, jew, catholic, muslim, taoist, buddist, erisian, mormon, sirusian, non-believer, or whatever.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6927|Cambridge (UK)

TheFlipTop wrote:

In nomine de Satanus et Luciferus EXCELCII

Just to scare the 'Christians'
All hail Eris!

Just to scare everybody.
JaMDuDe
+69|6938

jonsimon wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

So, a true christian to you is someone who interprets the bible exactly like you do?

Isn't it a little arrogant to imply that if everyone were like you there would be no crime?
I never said that. If the bible says not to kill, a true christian wouldnt kill.

Scorpion if its against someones religion to do crime, they are less likely to do crime than someone who has no religion.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6814

JaMDuDe wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

I never said that. If the bible says not to kill, a true christian wouldnt kill.

Scorpion if its against someones religion to do crime, they are less likely to do crime than someone who has no religion.
So you can't be a Christian and a soldier? 

Actually, I'm not even going to respond to any more of your bullshit.  You sicken me.
ashleyhall
+15|6843|Somerset
All hail satan, afterall he's the only element of the bible that perhaps makes any sense...
JaMDuDe
+69|6938

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Actually, I'm not even going to respond to any more of your bullshit.  You sicken me.
Yes you can be a christian soldier. I was just saying if the bible says not to do something a christian shouldnt do it.
Erkut.hv
+124|6896|California

JaMDuDe wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

Yes you can be a christian soldier. I was just saying if the bible says not to do something a christian shouldnt do it.
Actually the translation is murder. Killing for the sake of defending yourself or your nation is okay. Turning the other cheek doesn't mean lay down and die.

And man by nature is against God, so everyone is susceptible (sp?) to acts less than civil.
jonsimon
+224|6656

JaMDuDe wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

Yes, so say the bible says not to let unjustice go unpunished. A true christian could take this to mean he should murder the man who stole his wife, or murder the guy that got his promotion.
JaMDuDe
+69|6938
You should at least understand what your talking about before you post. You cannot murder people for getting "your" promotion.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|7008|-
I think this thread has gone on long enough.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6855|San Francisco
Eh, I disagree with Trigger.
Chuckles
+32|6709

Marconius wrote:

Watch out for a future flame war between Trig & Marconius.  They disagree!!!  Everyone take cover!
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6711|CH/BR - in UK

Marconius wrote:

thank you
This is my favorite thread...
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6967|The planet Tophet
yeah i dissagree to i sent him a letter about it so im guessing he got it
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6883|Indianapolis, IN
hmm, keep this thread open a little longer.  I have been lurking around, reading and not posting.  I am formulating thoughts and answers and hopefully will get them written down in Word then transfer them here.

As to the original question, Yes, I am a Christian but I believe that in this day and age that Christian does not mean what it should mean.  Many people can say they are saved but are they?

As, I have found out via pm's on here and general knowledge, most Christians are Arminians but few really dig deep into the scriptures.  Few have read the works of Augustine, Luther, and Calvin among a few. 

But I found this quote while going through my yearbook for last year.

"If you're living like there's no God, you'd better be right." ~unknown
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6836|Canberra, AUS
But if we look at it properly, I believe this is the... 110th page on this topic. Everything that can be discussed has been discussed - at least three times.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ashleyhall
+15|6843|Somerset
But if we look at it properly, I believe this is the... 110th page on this topic. Everything that can be discussed has been discussed - at least three times.
So?? If we're happy to keep discussing the issue, why close the topic? We're not causing trouble!? Surely thats the point of this area of the forum, for serious debate!
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6711|CH/BR - in UK

I agree...if we find new arguments about previous points, why not bring them up again?
siciliano732
+202|6810|New York

Possum61 wrote:

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Proud to be a Christian.
Amen
AMEN!
CyrusTheVirus
E PLURIBUS UNUM
+36|6634|United States of America
Christianity - a true faith of peace and understanding. Unlike Islam.
EVieira
+105|6639|Lutenblaag, Molvania

CyrusTheVirus wrote:

Thats a very VERY biased remark. There is much more to Islam than what we see in the news. And try to remember that there are many more Muslims that want peace than war, but unfortunately a peaceful Muslim is not news...
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6754|Lexington, Kentucky

EVieira wrote:

CyrusTheVirus wrote:

Thats a very VERY biased remark. There is much more to Islam than what we see in the news. And try to remember that there are many more Muslims that want peace than war, but unfortunately a peaceful Muslim is not news...
Explain this, then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tNw87A1f3Y

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard