Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6693|UK
No, no I'm not talking about the bad guy off Tekken;

This works with any game which you can play LAN

Ever wanted to play on your own BF2 server with a friend or 20?

Well now you can with Hamachi

This software will allow 2 computers to link directly to one another, making it seems as if they are on the same network.

So simply download Hamachi create a new network and have all your friends join the existing network from all over the world.

Now anyone of you create LAN in BF2 multiplayer, the rest of you go to join LAN and there is the game that the other person created.

Its really simply and can be used for numerous things such as competitions, making movies pointless fighting.

Enjoy!

I would like to thank Entertainer for helping me test out this thing!!

I would also like to thank my friend MasterAlex(not on these forums) from my clan for telling me about this program

Last edited by Samtheman53 (2006-08-07 02:28:00)

Entertayner
+826|6568

Samtheman53 wrote:

No, no Im not talking about the bad guy off Teken;

Ever wanted to play on your own BF2 server with a friend or 20?

Well now you can with Hamachi

This software will allow 2 comptupers to link directly to one another, making it seems as if they are on the same network.

So simply download Hamachi create a new network and have all your friends join the existing network from all over the world.

Now anyone of you create LAN in BF2 multiplayer, the rest of you go to join LAN and there is the game that the other person created.

Its really simply and can be usd for numerous things such as competions, making movies pointless fighting.

Enjoy!

I would like to thank Entertainer for helping me test out this thing!!
No worries man, this works perfectly.. We both tested it out on our systems and it didn't lag our computers out at all, not even my shit excuse for a computer.  And I got around 70 FPS compared to my normal 20 however that might have something to do with only the 2 of us being in there anyway, it worked perfectly so props to sam for finding it.
a fly
+105|6642|The netherlands
this is only good if you dont got your own cd key
Microwave
_
+515|6652|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Wow, i've always wanted to do this thanks guys!
Lazzars
+4|6645
yea did this a while back with some buddies when their server was down

can lag like a bitch if one persons ping is huge though
-=5TON3D
+42|6532|u.k
hamachi rules,me an a mate use it all the time for lan games & file sharing,worked a treat with splintercell chaos theory that we couldnt get to lan the normal way.
good app recomend you give it a try if your lookin for an easy set up lan app without pissing about with windows filesharing settings.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6693|UK

-=5TON3D wrote:

hamachi rules,me an a mate use it all the time for lan games & file sharing,worked a treat with splintercell chaos theory that we couldnt get to lan the normal way.
good app recomend you give it a try if your lookin for an easy set up lan app without pissing about with windows filesharing settings.
I didnt know you could do all that aswell, sweet!
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6524|London (At Heart)

Aye, Hamachi is very good.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6748|Chicago.
So this program really works?
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6693|UK
yes
l41e
+677|6646

Yeah, I've used it for a while, it seems that Hamachi doesn't like me, I can link to a couple friends perfectly fine (one near me, one in Puerto Rico, and one in Sweden), but I can't connect to other people, oh well.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6528
I've been using this program for quite some time now. Having different lan games with different games with me friends.
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6605|Edinburgh
Excuse the stupid question, but is this what you use if you and a couple of mates  all want to get together to shoot bots in coop mode?

Cheers

Col64
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6708
this is pretty old, i only use it for C&C Generals.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6693|UK
i supose you can do that, yes^^
ALT-F4
+4|6548
Yes Hamachi works, I have used it before to play GRAW on a network type system for co-op play. There's no reason why it would not work the same for BF2
[AD]will_young[G36E]
spreader of the herpies
+33|6528|Down under, melbourne
i try to do it with a mate but he cannot see my server and i cannot see his... any help???
Swiss
+20|6542
Doesn't this pose some sort of security threat?
And i thought the guy in Tekken was Heihachi ^^
-botivix-
Damn
+23|6723|Not Scotland Anymore!
The only real use for hamachi is when a mate doesn't have a valid CD key. Thats originally what i used it for.
Defiance
+438|6668

When I first read the this thread title I thought it was some weird combination of cyber sex and video games.

Wait a minute...

Cool find, but I won't be using it. I've got teh leet server port forwarding hackorz yo!
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6720|Eastern PA
I was thinking of:

https://www2.odn.ne.jp/sample/photo/susi/susi.jpg/hamachi.l.jpg
Orion126
+6|6538
Yup we've been using this to play Flat Out 2...that games awesome...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard