Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Blame the USA we care the least for your opinion.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

It's that indifference to world opinion that is America's greatest failling on the international stage.

Which is why I believe the US is most responsible for UN failures.

Although what I believe causes those failiures is the Veto power.

However, the UN does have it's purposes, they did manage to persuade the US to go to war in when Iraq annexed Kuwait, for example - not that the Americans wanted to.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Bertster7 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

It's that indifference to world opinion that is America's greatest failling on the international stage.

However, the UN does have it's purposes, they did manage to persuade the US to go to war in when Iraq annexed Kuwait, for example - not that the Americans wanted to.
It was sarcasm directed at people like you.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6645

Kmarion wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

No, sarcasm would be "blame the US, we really care deeply about your opinion".
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

fadedsteve wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

You do know that the UN building sits in NYC, RENT FREE/UTILITY FREE at the expense of the US taxpayers, in the most expensive dollar per square foot real estate in the world??
The fact-master strikes again.  Oh, wait, no... you're talking out of your arse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_headquarters wrote:

The United Nations headquarters building was constructed in New York City in 1949 and 1950 beside the East River on land purchased by an 8.5 million dollar donation from John D. Rockefeller, Jr..
ACTUALLY I AM 100% CORRECT SHERLOCK. . .

LOOK IT UP BEFORE YOU FLAME DICKHEAD!!!!

He may have built it, BUT WE PAY FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!

I laugh at your wikipedia bullshit, that is NOT 100% viable information and you know it, for christs sake anyone can add to any topic on that website!

Its known info guy. . . I'm not blowing this out of my "arse" at all, its the way the UN was set up, WE UNFORTUNATELY AGREED to do this!!!
The US do pay money in UN funding (generally), as do all the members of the UN (Amounts listed here : http://www.globalpolicy.org/finance/assessmt.htm The US do contribute the most (22%) but proportionally that is way less than they should contribute (Japan contribute 19%)). In fact the US are the only member of the security council to have ever withheld funding from the UN when things haven't gone their way  - The UN employ a disproportionate number of Americans as well, since it is in New York.

Back up what you say, because you do talk a lot of crap.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

No, sarcasm would be "blame the US, we really care deeply about your opinion".
True...lol I guess my sarcasm needs work. Because I really do care what YOU <-- think.

Confused yet?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6645

fadedsteve wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

You do know that the UN building sits in NYC, RENT FREE/UTILITY FREE at the expense of the US taxpayers, in the most expensive dollar per square foot real estate in the world??
The fact-master strikes again.  Oh, wait, no... you're talking out of your arse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_headquarters wrote:

The United Nations headquarters building was constructed in New York City in 1949 and 1950 beside the East River on land purchased by an 8.5 million dollar donation from John D. Rockefeller, Jr..
ACTUALLY I AM 100% CORRECT SHERLOCK. . .

LOOK IT UP BEFORE YOU FLAME DICKHEAD!!!!

He may have built it, BUT WE PAY FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!

I laugh at your wikipedia bullshit, that is NOT 100% viable information and you know it, for christs sake anyone can add to any topic on that website!

Its known info guy. . . I'm not blowing this out of my "arse" at all, its the way the UN was set up, WE UNFORTUNATELY AGREED to do this!!!
Missed this joker's post when I was out last night.

Funny that you thought I was flaming, if anyone was flaming it was you flaming the UN.  I merely pointed out that you are pulling 'facts' out of your arse.

If you own land, do you pay rent to live there?  No?  So is a suprise that the building is located there RENT FREE?  WELL STFU THEN!!!!   

As for utilities, I severely doubt anyone in this world gets them for free, if I'm wrong, prove it.

And Wikipedia locks pages where people like you who think anyone can say anything they like mess around.  There are dispute systems and discussion, not not mention a full history of every page, and not only that most articles are thouroughly sourced and verifed.  I'd rather have 'not 100% viable' than the 'not 1% viable' rubbish you spew forth.  If anyone can add info to any topic, go and try and add something to the page about Israel then, Sherlock.

Instead of saying that the UN sits in New York "RENT FREE/UTILITY FREE AT THE EXPENSE OF THE US TAXPAYERS", what you might have meant to say was that the US contributions help with the running costs of the UN headquarters, which is situated on land owned by the UN.... but you didn't so tough luck, you're wrong.

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-08-01 05:51:35)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6833|Cologne, Germany

The problems of the UN are really more of a structural nature. For a group as diverse as the UN it is only natural that you will hardly ever reach a unanimous decision on anything, let alone difficult issues like military or economic sanctions.
The security council basically still reflects the power structure of the post WWII world, and with the 5 permament members holding a veto right, it is no wonder the UN has it so difficult on the "important" issues.
So I guess they are all to blame.
Singling out a specific country ain't right, I believe, although I have to admit that I was not very happy with the way the US handled affairs in the UN during the buildup to war in Iraq and the recent Israeli-Lebanese crisis in the Middle East.
But that's a different topic.
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6705|Wherever the F**k i feel like

Bubbalo wrote:

Uh, yeah, totally.  It's not like my views are consistent, and come with logical reasoning to back them up (whether you agree with it or not).
Really to me it seems that what comes out of your mouth is bullshit.
-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6550
The UN is a failure thanks to China, Russia, and France. The end.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6501|Daytona Beach, FL

Bubbalo wrote:

I'm hoping that this will be a fair, balanced discussion.
OMFG.. where did you get your definition of fair and balanced from? Fox News?!?!?

UN failures are the responsibility of every member nation... since when does the US have to pick up the slack every time the UN screws up?

Last edited by USAFDude_1988 (2006-08-01 14:22:45)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6553
See, that ^ guy didn't even read the whole first post, or at least didn't follow it's instructions.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6501|Daytona Beach, FL

Bubbalo wrote:

See, that ^ guy didn't even read the whole first post, or at least didn't follow it's instructions.
Yeah because your little censorship stunt doesn't impress me.
Kimosabe-sa
+11|6681|Port Elizabeth, South Africa
I say all the countries that are part of the UN are at fault. THe UN is weak and useless.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6553

USAFDude_1988 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Yeah because your little censorship stunt doesn't impress me.
And yet if you read the whole first page, or my post on page 5, as the first post now advises, you'd know that THAT WAS THE POINT
dankassasin42o
+68|6671|Reefersyde, CA
Bush is the failure of the world, and man kind in it self.   He needs to be shot in the face and pissed on.
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6521|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

dankassasin42o wrote:

Bush is the failure of the world, and man kind in it self.   He needs to be shot in the face and pissed on.
Wow, way to be totally irrelevant.
comet241
+164|6757|Normal, IL
wow, I love that he requests that everyone who tends to defend america in their posts not participate. talk about the most rediculous thread ive ever seen in my entire life. and no, the answer is not america, it is every single one, dumbshit. one nation can't make the whole UN bad, it is a failure because every single nation has done shit to destroy what it was originally designed for. wow, what a dumbass, seriously.
l41e
+677|6640

Blame America for everything wrong with the world. You fuckers happy NOW?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

i dont think the original poster should have a view, for he is obviously biased.

every single country in the UN has shortcomings. so in fact, every country contributes to its ineffectiveness.

so in essence, FUCK YOU Bubbalo, until you get a real view on the world backed with hard evidence

Last edited by stryyker (2006-08-01 18:18:01)

l41e
+677|6640

stryyker wrote:

i dont think the original poster should have a view, for he is obviously biased.

every single country in the UN has shortcomings. so in fact, every country contributes to its ineffectiveness.

so in essence, FUCK YOU Bubbalo, until you get a real view on the world backed with hard evidence
QFT. And on a side note, this is the most ridiculous/stupid failure of a topic I've ever seen.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6570|Florida

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

its all Irans fault
I blame Antarctica
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

its all Irans fault
I blame Antarctica
fucking penguins.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6570|Florida
those little flightless wably walking bastards....they ruin everything

Last edited by {BMF}*Frank_The_Tank (2006-08-01 18:31:56)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6541|Southeastern USA
https://img131.imageshack.us/img131/9808/piratepenguins0eo7rr.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard