Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
WEll I'm on the US server right now, anyone want to join me?
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6576|Arlen, Texas
l41e
+677|6647

Smaug wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=36193
Huh. We LIKE to stack teams? Did you just happen to miss the 90 "BALANCE THE TEAMS" comments typed out in global chat?
masterofflama
+19|6583|European Battlefield Command
oh yeah, bf2s us server started a game! when it happened before?
voltage
+46|6839|Sweden
I think Lt.Goldmans picture editing skills is part of the EU server success, and not just the sigs but all the funny "comment" pictures. That kind of stuff helps creating a community spirit.

Lt.Goldman, you should compile some kind of collection thread with all your pictures and sigs so other posters can see them!
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6576|Arlen, Texas

k30dxedle wrote:

Smaug wrote:

Huh. We LIKE to stack teams? Did you just happen to miss the 90 "BALANCE THE TEAMS" comments typed out in global chat?
Only can go by my experience. A million words are nothing next to the power of the admin.
Did not stick around for the 'eventual' rebalance, contributed to their stats enough. The 90 balance comments were ignored, had to get those stats up!!

Edit: Did you have the power to bring balance to the force(uh sorry, server)? It was the fault of whomever was in charge, or did nothing when the could have.

Last edited by Smaug (2006-07-23 16:39:44)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

chuy wrote:

......B.Schuss and his goons....
you gotta be kiddin'.....

Well, as has been said, you only need a dedicated group of regulars who are willing to sacrifice a couple of hours of their precious free time to idle on the server and the thing will be populated in no time.
I am sure you'll find a group of US forum member who'd volunteer as server admins.

It seems like the server will live, though. Good to hear.

I'll try to get there for a couple of games as often as I can, other duties permitting....
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6576|Arlen, Texas

Smaug wrote:

Never mind, unpopular opinion deleted.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6546
So what is the fate of the US server????
^AgentHawk
Clear! You're good to go!
+17|6485|"Near Det.", MI
I like that server and it would be a shame to see it go =-( Iam great at being dead weight and sitting on a lonely carrier and practicing my already-good-flying-skills :p I can start the server for you guys.

P.S. Can you put Avatars in here? I don't see anywhere where you can upload one
Hogwarts
+3|6492|Gijon-Spain
hum...

the spanish servers go down every 3 or 4 rounds, but when i play in another servers, i can play too streak rounds...

conclusion: the spanish servers suck with the 1.3, futhermore, is more funny play with people of another countries...
Vice
Banned
+2|6485
umm..?
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6804|Portland, OR, USA

Go go go, trying to fill it up.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
siciliano732
+202|6648|New York
ill help gettin the server goin....whenever i can play...i just never see people on there....so its hard you know....lets get it goin!
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6750|The 70's
Played a few rounds last night, and though my ping was 120ish (I'm in UK), didn't lag at all. I'll try and drop in occasionally to keep it going.
spon
+2|6842|San Jose, CA
I like playing in your sever but last night was a bad experience.  one team was absolutely just spawncamping with tanks and choppers.  It was Daquing Oilfields and they were just raping the airfield.  It just sucked because they were flying the BF2S colors.  I think represented your website badly. 

I'll play your server, but not when those guys are on there, that's for sure.
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6628|Tasmania

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Your US server sucks, but the Europeans can't get enough of chuy. Must be the hidden moustache. I guarantee an Australian server would be populated though *hint* cough *hint*.
Hell yes!!
jnorris
+1|6479|Huntington, WV
Here is the best I can do tonight http://jfnorris.com/modules.php?name=Ne … mp;thold=0 I have to work tomorrow... Looks like you guys filled it up. If I can help in anyway let me know.

Last edited by jnorris (2006-07-31 20:39:45)

vjs
+19|6770
I think part of the problem is the autobalance feature and the friendly fire.  BOth piss people off...

Lay down a claymore on a server with 8 players 3 on your side 5 on the other your claymore team kills the only idiot running around on your side and he punishes...

This makes me log out of every under populated server, game probably ends when I leave.

The only thing I can suggest for an under populated server is put special words in the title.

Use BF2S and High-points, call it mec vs americans, make it a 26 player 64-person map, hey you can't fill it anyways, with the lowest number of people to start.

Second run only 2 rounds where the teams switch. Encourage people to stay through the round somehow.

I'd recommend two maps only, first clean sweep second that crazy desert map that you never see with mec vs us, it's an aerial but mec doesn't have the bomber. I have a very difficult time finding these maps and love to play the desert one since you never see people play it.

I'd probably admin the map from time to time if you need it.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA
Im been playing that server exclusively the past few days but I get a good ping for both the US and EU. I find more teamwork on these servers than any so.......yeah.

Do what you gotta do man.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6718|The Netherlands
Guys, bf2s.com is looking for server admins to maintain the u.s. ranked server. Read more about it here.
Lt.Garbo
Commander God
+41|6655|Denver, CO
Weren't they going to reduce the amount of people needed to start a round with 1.4?  Wait until then and see.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6522|the Netherlands
hey there, damn shame i never get to squad up with you guys down there

Goodgame A Hooah !! http://www.grouchymedia.com/streaming_video/recon.cfm  <<<
HeimdalX
+37|6649

General-Echo wrote:

Guys, bf2s.com is looking for server admins to maintain the u.s. ranked server. Read more about it here.
Generally, getting admins to run a server from a forum is a bad idea. Playing with them and finding out how they react to their little gaming environment is.

I'm basing the following off of some of the posts in this thread, and from prior experience.

Example 1: Noobtard admin1 gets killed 5 times in a row by the same guy. BANNING PLAYERX FOR HACKING!!!

If people don't like the environment, they don't reconnect when it crashes. And it will crash. Repeatedly.

Example 2: Noobtard admin thats in the server kicks someone when there's less than half server capacity.

Sheer stupidity. Don't boot anyone unless it's atleast half full unless they are completely ruining the   game. Ethical? Maybe not. Smart? Yes, some people leave if they see people getting booted when the game isn't at capacity. Even at capacity they might still leave. Why? It might have been their friend getting the boot, or they just don't like over-admin'd servers.

Trick to getting a server to stay as full as possible if it is a multi-map server, this being of course when you don't have a heavy player base. Which you don't, yet.

Start rotation on karkand. Any other map. This next step completely depends on the player base you want to attract. Primarily infantry? Karkand or Mashtuur again. Want those air whores to stay? Sharqi. Repeat, Karkand, X map, Above decision map, ... As your player base increases, slowly weed out the other maps. Increased player base with full rotation? Two maps of karkand at the start, 2 rounds each. It will fill the server by the time it gets to an air map, guaranteed, and it will crash on said air map more often than karkand. Karkand is the universal crutch in a map rotation in Vanilla. People say they hate it yet they flock to it...

Karkand only rotation, kind of stupid being that there's 50 other 64 player size karkand only servers now.

This may not apply to European servers, but there's just less of them and that means less competition for player base.

Key elements: Good admins, good rotation, good server location for US players(Dallas, Chicago) if you want to attract more Canadians and Euros go with New York. Reverse for Asians/Pacific Islands/Hawaiians. Good server graphic,  you'd be surprised at how many people stay just to comment about a good connect graphic. Karkand only: show tits and ass. Full rotation: something comical. Keep it fun, without nazi rules unless you want people bitching about OMG HE CALLED ME A FUCKING NOOB BAN HIM!! in your mailbox.

Sounds like bullshit? I've helped run 2 servers that were in the top 10 in server rankings for BF2 and were so for months.

Things to watch out for: Ass kissers: Someone screenshots someone every single day breaking a rule and act like an angel when theres an admin on. Ban them. Instantly. Ranters: bitching about someone owning them every 2 seconds because they must hack(hah). Ban them. Unless you want those elements in your server, some admins do love acting like God and getting their asses kissed constantly. Admins using the chat box in rcon/bf2cc to say something that isn't comical and they are threatening = no no <---Godlike admin, remove account. Limit admin interaction to Warnings/kicks/bans without little personal messages.

That can be and should be applied to any new servers...
teckng778
+2|6696
Hello,

This is Teck from strafeRight.com... We have 2 of the top BF2 Servers in the world. Our famous 24/7 Karkand Server is Ranked #1 even with 1.3...

I would recommend one of 2 things...

1) Shut it down until 2142 is released.

2) Give it away to a clan or community you feel would take care of the server. Obviously someone that can get it going & will run it fairly. I'm sure you don't want to put your name on something that someone else is going to run poorly let alone pay for it too boot... Abusive admins are the worst thing even when trying to run a server. A single bad admin can drag an entire server down...

HeimdalX has a lot of valid points... He too knows what hes talking about....

Last edited by teckng778 (2006-08-07 23:16:02)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard