lukeiamnotyourfather
Joe's Crematorium, You Kill'em, We Grill'em!
+37|6683
Hello.  I have a Linksys wireless-g broadbnand router and g-card.  Every couple of minutes, it starts to lag and show the obvious (There is a problem with your connection).  Sometimes, i lose connection all together.  I want to know if there is a way to make this not happen.  Anything is greatly appreciated.
fatmarik
+23|6589|Anywhere i am needed
thats happens to me too, but i am not on wireless network, it the patch 1.3 from ea. BLAME EA!!!!!
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6684|Ft. Drum, NY
welcome to hell(patch 1.3)
lukeiamnotyourfather
+37|6683
its got nothing to do with the patch.  its the connection (wireless)
Delta_38DS
Self Proclaimed A10 Whore
+27|6571
This may help if you do not have a program to maintain your connection

click run, type in services.msc, scroll down and turn off wireless zero configuration (windows zero config)

I play on a wireless network too.

Last edited by Delta_38DS (2006-07-31 19:55:04)

iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6553
Find a way to increase the signal strength? My 2nd computer is using a Linksys Wireless-G Network Adapter and it's only 1 room away from the router and still loses connection occasionally.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
lukeiamnotyourfather
+37|6683
so i should use the lynksys wireless moniter.  okay.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6726|Las Vegas
Wireless gaming really isnt ready for primetime.  If there is any way to use a hard line you'll have much better gaming.  I tried using a Linksys WRT54G for awhile but no way was I gonna settle for such a performance hit.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6743|Salt Lake City

Things you can do.

1. Set a static IP.
2. Turn off SSID broadcasting.
3. Make sure your signal strength is at max.

You could also put the computer in the DMZ when gaming, but that opens your system up by bypassing the NAT firewall.  Running a software firewall would only defeat that purpose by creating overhead.

Ultimately, as noted, wireless gaming is not the ideal situation.
F.S.F.jetfighter
+1|6642
i play wirelessly tooo....and ya i get that connectione error aswell...i have G....but it doesnt happen to me alot...to the point were i cannot play anymore...
safshep
What's so special about titles anyway?
+40|6754|Minnesota, USA
i gave up on using wireless.  In fact I gave up on a router/base station all together.... mainly because it stopped working.  But thats not the point.  Use wires if possible.
lukeiamnotyourfather
+37|6683

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Things you can do.

1. Set a static IP.

You could also put the computer in the DMZ when gaming, but that opens your system up by bypassing the NAT firewall.  Running a software firewall would only defeat that purpose by creating overhead.
how do i do the first second and 4th?
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6649|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
how i stopped EXACTLY the same problem:

download the latest drivers for your wireless card.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6743|Salt Lake City

lukeiamnotyourfather wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Things you can do.

1. Set a static IP.

how do i do the first second and 4th?
Break out the manual for your router.  The setup is different enough between different manufacturers that I couldn't give you step-by-step here.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
BF2 doesn't seem to like wireless connections very much at all.
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6664|Birmingham
this is great stuff, i am getting wireless soon and i am getting worried lol but this has put me at some sort of ease.
lukeiamnotyourfather
+37|6683

ShotYourSix wrote:

Wireless gaming really isnt ready for primetime.  If there is any way to use a hard line you'll have much better gaming.  I tried using a Linksys WRT54G for awhile but no way was I gonna settle for such a performance hit.
thats the one i use.  When you install the gcard software, there should be a grey box with 3 curved lines in it.  turn that on, then check services.msc  (get there by clicking run in the start bar, then typing that)  and turn off the wireless zero configuration thing.  fixes the problem
Shadow893
lel
+75|6699|England

DavidianCox wrote:

this is great stuff, i am getting wireless soon and i am getting worried lol but this has put me at some sort of ease.
Trust me, take it from someone with a very bad experiance, after trying everything. Buy a cheap, crappy wire, worth about a fifth of the receiver, not including the router, and use that. PLEEEEEASSSSE. I wasted £160 on wireless shit. Get a £30 wire. Problem solved.
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6568|Cheshire, UK

No mate I use a wireless BTVOYAGER 2110 router to play on my laptop and I have no problems whatsoever, chances are it is the 1.3 patch.

Has this been happening for a while or did it only just start recently?

Have you changed any configuration settings on your router or pc?

Do you get connection problems when browsing?
Aust1mh
+23|6575|Sydney, Australia

it's the patch, i got ADSL2 24000 download 1000 upload.... no background programs running, high powerd pc.

after 2 weeks of playing i have finished 2 rounds only, that "Problem with your connection" is sending me mad!

O and EA needs to give me Expert Anti Tank, i got it... server crash.... now i don't have it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard