sragoot
+3|6736
Good job guys keep it up
SoC./Omega
+122|6543|Omaha, Nebraska!
i say the f-22 raptor, though it hasnt entered its service yet... it still will pwn you. Or maybe the P-51 mustang of ww2, go little propeller planes!

f-22
https://www.danshistory.com/f22_3.jpg
P-51
https://www.zap16.com/images/vlk04%20p51%20damn%20yankee.jpg
[BBF]Snake
The lord high master of pies
+16|6640|England
Paper fucking aeroplane! How the hell can anything top that, with all the floating off with the wind and its temperamental nature. One of those into a jet engine and BOOM! Pwnt
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

Talking of WW2 planes, none other than the legendary Spitfire
Or, the Lancaster bombers under the Dambusters.

But, for modern times...the Vulcan Bomber Damn, what a plane she was.

Last edited by Snake (2006-07-30 13:49:48)

Ghost_of_Viking
+11|6483
F-35 will replace f-16 f/a-18 and A/V 8 Harrier

on topic
I'd say Mig-29 it's one of the most sucsessful fighters ever built, manouvrable and fast.

speculations...

f-35 correct me if I'm wrong but I thougt f-35 was build upon f-22 stealth specifications which would give it an advantage over the others, but sadly we will find that out some day
Spazz
+7|6568
i say the skill of the pilot will win

for example lets throw u int a a f35 and give a airforce gy a crappy mig althoug h have a better jet you have less skills
Jester.retseJ
+4|6733|Toronto, On
We're talking about only planes available in bf2 as of now?

The F-18 super hornet is king of the skies as of this point in time. It's target acquisition system can track something like over 2 dozen targets at any one time. That would be nice to have in bf2 instead of waiting for your one single lock-on!
swapo_de
+13|6512|Lübeck, Germany
If about air intercept fighting capabilities: when they're getting in service it'll be either the Eurofighter or the F22. I'd not be too sure about which one will be the better one as they've got both great potential but although some downsides.

Both have supercruise capability.
The F22 is going to be superior in stealth.
The EF is going to have the best highspeed-maneuverability.
The F22 has, due to the stealth design, a relativly small amount of weapons by default. Extra weapons are possible but they destroy the stealth advantage and also lower the maneuverability further.

But there are other things to keep in mind. One big advantage for all US fighters would be the perfect allround support by AWACS and the like which can really make the difference.
elite
+89|6716|Sheffield, England
eurofighter...obviously
sragoot
+3|6736
Keep it guys great work.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6551|Southeastern USA
seen some amazing su-30 test footage, but have to go with the 35, too bad they make it a tugboat in game
eagles1106
+269|6586|Marlton, New Jersey.
the different areas...
air-to-air:F-35 (could be the f15 but talking about BF2 planes, the f15 in bf2 is the F15E, the ground attack version)
air-to-ground:The A-10 by a longshot (but it fucking blows along with the Q5 and su-39 in bf2 cuz ea and dice suck ma ballz)
BVC
+325|6697

1stLt.MikeUSAF wrote:

But yeah Mobile Spawns from what I hear about from 1942 were pretty sick! The flight plans would be on a 180 bank to the left so the weapons could pour the lead out of the H-Bird!  I wish there was a map like how it looked during the Gulf War.
In vanilla BF1942 there was a way to change custom maps so that APCs had mobile spawns on them, imagine that in BF2, two LAV-25s with engineers driving each, constantly pouring out troops!

The last combat aircraft I saw flying was a WW2 mustang, so I'm gonna have to go with them
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
I'd say the F-22, F-35, Eurofighter, or MiG-29.  But then again, I don't know much about planes.
wws4029
+5|6490|WALES UK

elite wrote:

eurofighter...obviously
I agree, or the good old TORNADO GR-1.  ( 500mph at 100ft off the ground!!)  Takes some beating !
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I'd say the F-22, F-35, Eurofighter, or MiG-29.  But then again, I don't know much about planes.
considering the US is the only one that is using an Airforce for combat these days, F/A-22 and 35 ftw!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
The F-22 makes everything else turn to dust, silly question.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard